Tommy Tran

Packet 3 & 4

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi Everybody,

I think I'm going insane sitting here waiting patiently for the Appointment from the HCM consulate. Browsing through the forums, I'm getting mix messages and confuse. Can someone help me elaborate and guide me thru the current situation.

Here's my time line:

NVC Received : 2010-03-01

NVC Left : 2010-03-17

Consulate Received : 2010-03-20

Packet 3 Received : 2010-03-26

Packet 3 Sent : 2010-04-08 -----> Sent back FORM DS-2001 & DS-230 PART I only... I read somewhere up here, something about sending back INTERVIEW CHECKLIST? what is that? do I have to sent that too? where do I get that? I thought the checklist is only for you to know what info you need to gather when you go on your actual interview..

**According to reply back from HCM Consulate that they have received my packet 3 on 4/12/10.. but still processing application, no ETA status on interview date. It did mention that interview schedule is 1-3 months :bonk: Should I worried or panic?

We have everything from the checklist ready, except for the medical which we're waiting for the interview letter to arrive first before heading into medical clearance.

We also complete DS-156 (online barcode), DS-230 Part II, and all supports material in order.

Also NOA #2 (I-797) show that expired date is 6/23/10.

Should I request an extension?

Please HELP....

~Q.T. (CONFUSE & FRUSTRATED)

Tran Quoc Tho

Event Date

I-130 Sent : 2010-11-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-12-09

I-130 RFE(s) : None

I-130 Approved : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-05-04

Received DS-3032 / I864 Bill: 2011-05-10

Paid I-864 Bill: 2011-05-12

Hey Q.T.

No worries about the "checklist". Some consulates issue a checklist with the packet that has to be returned but HCMC just uses the DS-2001 Applicant Readiness Form. Your good with what you sent in (DS-230 Part 1 and DS-2001).

I suspect that things are lagging behind in HCMC. I don't know that the current HCMC processing times are so I can't help much there. It took is about a month to get packet 4 and the interview appointment letter but that was last Oct-Nov.

Typically if the application is in process the consulate will automatically extend out the expiration date of the NOA2 but you can send a request with your case number requesting this also.

About all else you can do is wait, I know it sucks. Hopefully you'll get packet 4 and the interview appointment soon.

Best Wishes and keep us posted!

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

Thanks for the prompt reply Bernie C.. You've alway come to rescue when I'm in doubts. It's just this whole process has been enduring. I'm very thorough w/ the paperwork... Always double/triple check and all are printed from PC so that it's readable, except for signature which is sign. But every now and then, reading what others post, my mind start playing tricks on me and start second guessing, "if this, if that" "did I do this right? anything missing?" etc..

I'm sure you've been there / done that, But thanks for the supports

And thanks to VJ.. I don't think I said enough/often, but this site has been a tremendous HELP...

Back to waiting...... will keep you guys updates when I hear anything...

Regards & best wishes

~Q.T.

Tran Quoc Tho

Event Date

I-130 Sent : 2010-11-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-12-09

I-130 RFE(s) : None

I-130 Approved : 2011-04-21

NVC Received : 2011-05-04

Received DS-3032 / I864 Bill: 2011-05-10

Paid I-864 Bill: 2011-05-12

I know the feeling :wacko:

Here is another helpful hint just in case for later consideration.

We waited until Doan arrived in the US to get almost all her vaccinations. Although it wasn't much of a problem to get them done here (local health department did them for free) it did cause is some delays in making the appointment with the civil surgeon to get the I-693 completed. Point here is...if you can get the vaccinations done in VN then its one less thing to worry about here.

The other thing I goofed up on was that I didn't get Doan's birth certificate translated while we were in VN. Since it wasn't required at the consulate I blew it off. Now its holding up our AOS application while I wait to get it translated. I found a great place locally (International Institute) and my family donates goods there for other immigrants, but I had to pay $50 for the translation. They send it to someone and he will call the wife to review everything before they certify it and notarize it. Just something we could have avoided if I would have been thinking better. So I am impatiently waiting now :bonk:

Remember - you just in the 2nd phase - (phase 1 = petition) (phase 2 = visa application) (phase 3 = Get married :dance: and AOS) (phase 4 = removal of conditions) (phase 5 = citizenship)

So keep the mind as sane as you can and try and keep things in check, just when its time to take a break there is more work to do!!!

Hang in there and we wish you the best :thumbs:

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Call DoS and ask them the status. they will know if the pkt 4 has been sent and if the interview is scheduled...

202-663-1225

press 1 then 0

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Call DoS and ask them the status. they will know if the pkt 4 has been sent and if the interview is scheduled...

202-663-1225

press 1 then 0

Try call DOS like Scott said, I took his advice and called DOS. They let me know the interview date way befoe the consulate notify my wife. I am getting nervous right now, June 23 is the date we been waiting for 1 1/2 years. :unsure:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.