Hebronzy

Accra consulate is out of control!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

The major reason for this huge backlogged is the multiple interview conducted on different time for one case at the consulate. This doesn’t pave the way for other completed cases to be schedule for an interview because visa applicants are being asked to appear for an interview on several occasions. I totally don’t understand the rational behind this bizarre policy at the consulate. Honestly, most of the issues that triggered this “million time interview” can be resolve at the initial interview. I believe is time for us to step-up and question this kind of policy. The consulate doesn’t feel the pain we are going through so is time for us to raise the awareness to the appropraite authorities. It's soo frustrating and devastating to deal with the consulate. I called the consulate last week and some ananymous person hang-up the phone on me. They are totally swamp and if we don't do anything about this we waiting for years for an appointment.

My wife's case was completed at NVC on December 2, 2009. Could someone tell me how long it would take for her to be schedule for an interview at Accra consulate?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Im guessing that they rather delay the issuing of visas. This dont make any sense for all the multiple interviews. Its a waste of money and time. Thats why I want to be there for my fiance's interview. That way there is no reason or excuse if something is missing or needed. Good luck to all and God bless Ghana.

TIMELINE

FEBRUARY 27,2009 - Meet

MARCH 27,2009 - Flew to Ghana to meet Evans and his family

APRIL 8,2009 - Returned to USA

FEBRUARY 10,2010 - I-129F sent to Vermont

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - Received NOA 1 ( Hard Copy)

FEBRUARY 16,2010 - touched

NONE- RFE received

MAY 21,2010 - Touched

MAY 21,2010 - NOA2 received (EMAIL)

MAY 26,2010 - NOA 2 received hard copy

MAY 26,2010 - NVC received

June 10,2010 - NVC sent to Embassy of Ghana

June 14,2010 - EMBASSY received (got an e-mail after sending them an e-mail)

June 23rd - July 2nd - Going to Ghana

July 28,2010 - Packet 3 & 4

November 9,2010 - Medicals

November 15,2010 - Vaccinations (4 shots. the next 2 shots are on the 14th)

December 21,2010 - Interview

March 31,2011 - 2nd Interview

?? - Visa pick-up date

?? - EVANS arrival

?? - Apply for SSN

?? - Get married

?? - Start AOS process

event.png

event.png

event.png

GOD BLESS US ALL AND KEEP US SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

I am looking for people interested in finding as many filers as possible going through this process at the embassy in Ghana. My idea is to create a facebook page to get the campaign going.

I would like to get this going and my thought is to prepare a campaign that would include sending a well documented complaint to Hillary Clinton, Secretary of State. She is at the top of the DOS. I just need some help thinking through the format for the fb page. I am not trying to recreate vj - don't want to answer any questions about the visa process. The page should be focused on finding people who are currently impacted by the delay in the interview process in Ghana or have in the past been impact by these delays. I want to approach this issue from an objective business perspective including a well thought out documentation of the emotional and financial impact on both the US citizen and the Ghanaian citizen.

The focus would be to simply raise the awareness not to give the solution. My hope is that with the proper awareness raised - the people who can make a difference will figure out the solution if they think the cause is worthwhile. If it works, we might not even be the ones who will benefit from our efforts - but, we may have made a difference. If this isn't worth fighting for, what is? I have been in this visa process for 2 years (my husband was one of those unnecessary multiple interview folks last year). Based on how things are going now, he won't be here with me until 2012 - that is 4 years in this nightmare. I am tired, I am emotionally drained, my cash is low. The thing that is strong in my life is my relationship with my husband - I am fortunate that my relationship is not at risk. Others have not been as fortunate.

Can I please get some volunteers on this one - I have some ideas on how to get started, but, I am not an expert. This is important to us and I want to make sure we do it right. Please don't be afraid of how this might impact your process. I think it could only help. We are Americans - we take risks - we make things happen! Help us please - or give up a better idea.

Staying strong and patient in love and faith!

http://ghanaspouse.blogspot.com/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

That's a good move by Evans and Flor... to be there for the interview in case some stuff comes up. It would be nice to know for what reasons the consulate conducts multiple interviews. Now I am thinking about being there for my fiancee and I want to know how to prepare.

Timeline

Ghanagal - you are hilarious! Haven't given much thought to a name - open for discussions and ideas. I spoke with my husband this morning about the idea and he is so on board. I think that makes 4 of us - you, me, Hebronzy, and I think my girl Midge.mij will want to be involved. I will see you each a personal email later today. When we get this going, we can post our efforts on vj. Any more volunteers? Or any ideas for the volunteers?

Timeline

Ghanagal - you are hilarious! Haven't given much thought to a name - open for discussions and ideas. I spoke with my husband this morning about the idea and he is so on board. I think that makes 4 of us - you, me, Hebronzy, and I think my girl Midge.mij will want to be involved. I will see you each a personal email later today. When we get this going, we can post our efforts on vj. Any more volunteers? Or any ideas for the volunteers?

I contacted my 2 US senators in my state office and I've placed a call to DOS. All these authorities doesn't see anything wrong with the consulate.It seems the DOS has empowered the consulate to operate the way they see fit and they don't want to meddle in their affairs. In view of this, how are we going to approach this if the authorities themselve support this policy at the consulate? - open for discussion and ideas..

My wife's case was completed at NVC on December 2, 2009. Could someone tell me how long it would take for her to be schedule for an interview at Accra consulate?

Timeline

I don't if our efforts will be effective. However, we atleast need to see if there are enough people either currently in the process or have been in the process who would be willing to contribute to a focused writing campaign that we direct to the top of the DOS - Hillary Clinton. I think numbers are the key to getting any politicians attention. Doesn't hurt to try. We are already living in the land of no - so we already know how it feels. Maybe we will get lucky and be able to move into the laid of Yes We Can make a difference. There is no guarantee or promise that we will be able to get the campaign off the ground or any action if we do get it off the ground. At minimum, I will know that I have done all I could do to raise the awareness of this issue. Like I said earlier, maybe the issue is a lack of staff at the embassy in Ghana - maybe our efforts could help to change that. Lots of maybes which means possibilities.

Timeline

im on board

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I have contacted my 2 senators as well. But there has to be more that we can do. Im in for what ever needs to be done. Once I get my date I will be sending more to my senators- not that it seems they can do anything!

Timeline

Guys, count me in the compaigne!! I think we need to have common front in this fight..

Timeline

How can a cry be heard if it is a single voice...but if we put a few voices together then they will have to take notice. The key to emailing letters to those high in authority is to fill up the email box...every person on post doing their part.

You can count me in as well.

So let me know what you want me to do or contribute...even though I have my date and I will be in Ghana for my husband's interview most of the forms we will have to pay for all over again. I will be at the embassy to sign anything new. I already reprinted our final copy of our completed case to match new updated forms...new tax information a new letter from my employer...I mean there should not be a reason for my husband to come back. He had 40 pounds of chats (not counting March-October 2010 which I will take with me); 15 pounds of emails; phone records; etc. Our goal is no second interview. I know some have gone for 3 interviews.

Our country's always prided itself in helping and providing for its citizens...where is the help we are not asking for anything out of the ordinary or special favors...we are simply standing in line waiting for our turn and the line hasn't moved in months and for some, years.

I just want to help the next group by opening this door.

Just let me know :thumbs:

~Matana74

We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us...

CR-1

Service Center: California Service Center

Consulate Ghana

Marriage: 2008-10-25

I-130 Sent: 2009-05-02

I-130 NOA1: 2009-05-07

I-129F Sent: 2009-05-02

I-129F NOA1: 2009-05-07

I-129F NOA2: 2009-08-14

I-130 Approval: 2009-08-14

File rec'd @ NVC: 2009-08-26

Called NVC to get case #: 2009-08-28

1st email frm NVC: 2009-08-31

Rec'd & Paid AOS fees: 2009-08-31

AOS fees show PAID: 2009-09-02

DS-3020 sent: 2009-09-02

AOS Pack Sent: 2009-09-08

IV Bill Rec'd & Paid: 2009-09-15

IV fees show PAID: 2009-09-16

DS-230 cover page generated: 2009-09-15

DS-230 pack sent: 2009-09-18

Case complete: 2009-10-20

File 4warded 2 Embassy: 2010-04-16

Interview date: OCTOBER 19TH, 2010

Visa pick up date:

Leaving Ghana:

Pick up from airport:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.