Que-Kiam

Purchasing Ticket Help

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello,

To all who purchase their ticket from the USA Roundtrip (Petitioner) and purchase 1st Time Immigrant One Way for their Spouse/Fiancée/Fiancé, what kind of paperwork did the travel agency look for the One Way ticket?

After my Wife's interview, we will be going to the USA at the same time probably 1 week after the interview. When I inquire for the 1st time immigrant ticket, they are asking for the copy of her passport and copy of the visa, in which the visa still about to come and we dont have yet at the moment. What did you guys do in order for you to buy the ticket while the visa is not yet issued? Is it possible?

Maraming Salamat Po! :dance:

Edited by Que-Kiam

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Agencies usually look for the passport and visa in order to give you the first time immigrant rate. They probably want to make sure your wife is an immigrant. Just scan your wife's passport and visa when it arrives, and send it to the agency. :thumbs:

Hello,

To all who purchase their ticket from the USA Roundtrip (Petitioner) and purchase 1st Time Immigrant One Way for their Spouse/Fiancée/Fiancé, what kind of paperwork did the travel agency look for the One Way ticket?

After my Wife's interview, we will be going to the USA at the same time probably 1 week after the interview. When I inquire for the 1st time immigrant ticket, they are asking for the copy of her passport and copy of the visa, in which the visa still about to come and we dont have yet at the moment. What did you guys do in order for you to buy the ticket while the visa is not yet issued? Is it possible?

Maraming Salamat Po! :dance:

Hello, you know that you can purchase a round trip ticket your spouse, that might be cheaper.. You don't have to use the return ticket.

Best of luck!

2005---We met by friend/Church member that was living in Nigeria

2006---We begin to talk about getting married

2007---I was going to met him face to face, but hurt my back couldn't walk..

2009---Was able to see each for the first time.. I got my engagement ring (WOW).. :wow:

2010-01-22 mailed I129f

2010-01-26 got NOA1

2010-05-12 called to see why no NOA2, I was told that our case is not being processed yet!!!!! No notes in the computer

other then the mailing of the NOA1!!!!!!! :angry:

2010-05-18 called SERVICE CENTER again to see what's going on with our case.. NOT BEING PROCESSED YET I WAS TOLD AGAIN!!!

2010-06-16 Got notice that NOA2 was approved 141 days after NOA1. We got our approval on Ossy's Birthday.. Happy birthday honey, I love you!!!!

2010-06-21 got NOA2 in hand

2010-06-22 called NVC to see if papers was there, but was told that my DOB was not right in the system. Just mailed a letter along with a copy of my birth certificate asking to change my DOB.. Way to go VCS..

2010-06-22 NVC received the case

2010-06-23 Case sent to Embassy in Barbados

2010-06-28 Embassy received our case

2010-08-09 Interview Administrative Review

2010-11-15 Approved for Visa (I was on the mission to make sure the INTERVIEWER that we had never interviewed anyone else and I did it).. Know that you have right and don't let the interviewer cross the line..

2010-12-10 Visa and Passport in hand!!! Thank God!!!

2010-12-19 Ossy will enter the States!!

I made my roundtrip ticket purchase and my fiancee's one way ticket purchase over the phone with Northwest Airlines (Now Delta Airlines) they asked for nothing concerning any visa or passport information. My ticket was round trip from USA to MANILA and her ticket was one way from Manila to USA. It was cheaper by 500 USD one way than round trip at that time. Prices change so frequently best to always check round trip and one way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.