Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

sad stories

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica

So I like to read peoples topics and disscussions. Lately I've been seeing a lot of....my wife let me, i was used for Visa. I read 3 sad stories in one night and took it out on my baby. I told him I was scared and having second thoughts. I read him some of the sad stories. He couldn't believe that some people could be so evil to use someone for a visa. I told him i wouldn't let it bother me anymore and I know that won't happen to us. I diecided to still go though with this because he does make me happy, and I know that this could turn out any number of ways but as long as i don't loose my self love and integrity and as long as even if the worst happens I will deal with it accordingly and be ok. It also makes me feel good to know that even if he lives in Jamaica I make him meet me 50/50 as far as money is concerned. I just wouldn't respect him #### much if i did it all on my own. I also want to share with all the peeps who have Jamaican loves something i found u can do so u will not have to spend money on western union.43. Here I will outline a method of transferring money that is more cost effective and convenient, than western union or any of the other players in the transfer business. This assumes you are sending or recieving cash from one person fairly regularly.


45. 1. Lisa open a Checking account with Bank of America.

46. 2. I activate the check card and send it to you via Fedex

47. 3. Nattoygo to any Scotia ATM and withdrawyour cash, you can also use the card as a debit/credit card.

48. BONUS: Scotia Bank has a foreign exchange ATM in Liguanea where you can actually get your money in US$ and avoid “tiefing” exchange rates.

49. NB. If the account goes below the minimum limit of $25 (have them verify this amount) It will attract a charge so do not go below this minimum balance…the fees are fat ($35.00) I you can have them use a savings account to provide over draft coverage…Though this will attract a $10 charge for each transaction…Bottom line avoid the fees or this is not free or in fact cheaper.


51. In the event you want to send cash to someone in the US.

52. 1. Create a Scotia Bank account and get them the scotia ATM card.

53. 2. They then go to any Bank of America ATM and withdraw the money.

54. NB. I am not sure what is Scotia Bank’s minimum to keep an account active…figure that out and have them keep that in the account at all time. Also be aware that the Scotia card will not work as a debit/check card in the US.


56. This may work for other banks, but I have only done this with BA and Scotia, if you use a BA card in NCB there is a $5us charge. The card will not work in a RBTT atm.

57. The reason this work is that BA and Scotia are apart of a global alliance, and so member banks use each others ATMs at no charge.

58. Now share this with everyone who might need this info

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...