Lover89

we want to marry in morocco

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey everyone ,

me and my fiancee (from usa) want to marry here in morocco and we need some help

after we marry here my fiancee want to change her last name to my last name so we both will have the same last name , and we need help is tht a good thing or not and to let everyone know we r going to fill CR1 :) Thank U

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

hey everyone ,

me and my fiancee (from usa) want to marry here in morocco and we need some help

after we marry here my fiancee want to change her last name to my last name so we both will have the same last name , and we need help is tht a good thing or not and to let everyone know we r going to fill CR1 :) Thank U

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We married in Morocco and didn't have to do anything there to change the last name. She will go to the Social security administration in USA and change her name to the new marriage name and she will go to the drivers license division to change her last name and she will need to eventually change her last name on her passport. The Moroccan marriage is already recognized in USA so no need to do anything else.....I also took my marriage certificate to my work human resources office to change my new marriage name on my personell records and my payroll and to add him to my blue Coss Blue Shield insurance and he will be added on your 401 k plan too I think and your retirement....I think this is automatically when you are married. Don't forget name change on all bank accounts too and mail.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.