Erthwhile

Birth certificate problem number 2

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Sorry folks to bother you again. My father's name (the one my wife put in the I-130 and that's stated in the passport) is Antonio. But my birth certificate says it is Antonio Pasquale... What should I do?! What should I put in the DS-230?

What a mess! :(

12/07/2009 - I-130 and supporting documents sent to USCIS office in Rome

12/16/2009 - USCIS office received the form

02/16/2010 - NOA1

02/22/2010 - I-130 Approved

05/27/2010 - DS-230 sent

07/19/2010 - Medical exam in Napoli

07/20/2010 - Interview

Timeline

I was thinking to put Antonio as well and bring along a copy of my father's ID as a proof,would that be ok?

02/16/2010 - NOA1

05/27/2010 - DS-230 sent

07/20/2010 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I was thinking to put Antonio as well and bring along a copy of my father's ID as a proof,would that be ok?

Rob, my husband had a birth certificate with a middle (2nd name) on it, but all his other documents didn't have this name. I emailed Christina at the embassy and she said it was no problem. In Italy (I understand), its very common to have a second name on the birth certificate (they used to seperate name with a "vergola"). Don't stress, email the embassy if you're still unsure, but I'm sure it won't matter in the end.

Timeline

Rob, my husband had a birth certificate with a middle (2nd name) on it, but all his other documents didn't have this name. I emailed Christina at the embassy and she said it was no problem. In Italy (I understand), its very common to have a second name on the birth certificate (they used to seperate name with a "vergola"). Don't stress, email the embassy if you're still unsure, but I'm sure it won't matter in the end.

Heidi, you're my savior! :) So... what do you suggest I write? Antonio as first name and the other one as middle name? I hope they won't mind that it wsn't included in the I-130!

02/16/2010 - NOA1

05/27/2010 - DS-230 sent

07/20/2010 - Interview

Timeline

Heidi, you're my savior! :) So... what do you suggest I write? Antonio as first name and the other one as middle name? I hope they won't mind that it wsn't included in the I-130!

One more thing about I864: at points 12 and 13 they ask for the sponsor address. In my wife's case, should we put the italian or the US address? (She lives in Italy with me still). Also, since I am unemployed and my wife too (she is finishinh schoo land start working in July) is it ok to write income 0 (zero) right? Her grandma will be our joint sponsor. Also, can I list my co-owned italian apartment?

Thanks!

02/16/2010 - NOA1

05/27/2010 - DS-230 sent

07/20/2010 - Interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

One more thing about I864: at points 12 and 13 they ask for the sponsor address. In my wife's case, should we put the italian or the US address? (She lives in Italy with me still). Also, since I am unemployed and my wife too (she is finishinh schoo land start working in July) is it ok to write income 0 (zero) right? Her grandma will be our joint sponsor. Also, can I list my co-owned italian apartment?

Thanks!

Your wife should put her Italian address (the one she shares with you). Yes, you put "zero" income and your wife should include a statement as to why she has zero income (and why she doesn't have a tax return for 2009). You can include your co-owned property in Italy, but in the end, they will only consider 50% of the appraised value towards the I864. I own property here in Italy, but I chose not to use it on the I864 because it would require an appraisal (extra paperwork). We had a co-sponser and since they met all the requirements for support, I just relied on that.

As far as the name, if your still worried, email the embassy. If they say there is no problem, print the email and bring it with you to the interview (to cover all your bases).

Timeline

Your wife should put her Italian address (the one she shares with you). Yes, you put "zero" income and your wife should include a statement as to why she has zero income (and why she doesn't have a tax return for 2009). You can include your co-owned property in Italy, but in the end, they will only consider 50% of the appraised value towards the I864. I own property here in Italy, but I chose not to use it on the I864 because it would require an appraisal (extra paperwork). We had a co-sponser and since they met all the requirements for support, I just relied on that.

As far as the name, if your still worried, email the embassy. If they say there is no problem, print the email and bring it with you to the interview (to cover all your bases).

Hi Heidi,

I faxed the form this morning. In the end, I decided not to email them, because every time I do it seems like they answer in a standard way and don't really address my issues, so... I will bring a copy of my father's ID to the interview and if they ask I will explain that my father's second name is never used and that it's not present in his ID (to explain why in the I-130 I put only his first name I mean).

Now I wait for them to contact me to have instructions to schedule the interview! :) We're almost done!

02/16/2010 - NOA1

05/27/2010 - DS-230 sent

07/20/2010 - Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.