franklocks

From San Francisco With Smiles!

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hi Folks,

Thank God for travelling mercies. I had to travel a total of about 12hours to and fro to attend my interview. All went well. Interviewed with one of the nicest IOs, down-to-earth and very friendly. My interview was scheduled at midday pacific time the Sansome office in San Francisco. Got there 15 minutes to time and checked in and was given passport forms by the receptionist.Geez! was that a good sign? Time will tell.lol! I was asked to have a seat in section C. This section was virtually empty. It took some 5 minutes or so to be called for the interview. Indeed, the IO came out from his office to lead me back to his office. Whiles on the way, he asked about my wife and I said she was outside in the car. I told him she did not come in because the appointment letter did not encourage applicants bringing in others. I requested to produce my wife in the next second but he laughed it off.

IN THE OFFICE:

He swore me in and asked me to take my seat. he took me through my form N-400(submitted.)After he had satisfied himself with my submissions in relation to form N-400, he proceeded to ask the following questions(the are not in order) for the history test;

1. What is the name of the national anthem?

2. Why does the flag have 50 stars?

3. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?

4. What ocean is on the East Coast of the United States?

5. When must all men register for selective service?

6. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?

For the English test, he asked me to read;

"Which state is the largest?"

and was asked to write "Alaska is the largest state."

He told me I had passed and congratulated me and asked if I had any documents for him. I gave him everything I had already submitted with my previous application. Interestingly, he told me he had all those docs already except my teacher credentialing renewal notice. He took a copy of it, and the story ended. He gave me N-652, Naturalization Interview Results notice. His last name was on it and checked marks indicating I have passed the tests of English and U.S history and government. Below the notice, was also a checked portion which read "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony."

Well, he confided in me that I will recieve my notice for the oath ceremony soon. So folks, this is my story. I hope this might help others. My application is based on 3-year marriage. Thanks to VJ contributors. Your valuable input on this thread has been very very helpful. I am grateful. Long live VJ! :dance:

Hi Folks,

Thank God for travelling mercies. I had to travel a total of about 12hours to and fro to attend my interview. All went well. Interviewed with one of the nicest IOs, down-to-earth and very friendly. My interview was scheduled at midday pacific time the Sansome office in San Francisco. Got there 15 minutes to time and checked in and was given passport forms by the receptionist.Geez! was that a good sign? Time will tell.lol! I was asked to have a seat in section C. This section was virtually empty. It took some 5 minutes or so to be called for the interview. Indeed, the IO came out from his office to lead me back to his office. Whiles on the way, he asked about my wife and I said she was outside in the car. I told him she did not come in because the appointment letter did not encourage applicants bringing in others. I requested to produce my wife in the next second but he laughed it off.

IN THE OFFICE:

He swore me in and asked me to take my seat. he took me through my form N-400(submitted.)After he had satisfied himself with my submissions in relation to form N-400, he proceeded to ask the following questions(the are not in order) for the history test;

1. What is the name of the national anthem?

2. Why does the flag have 50 stars?

3. Why does the flag have 13 stripes?

4. What ocean is on the East Coast of the United States?

5. When must all men register for selective service?

6. How old do citizens have to be to vote for President?

For the English test, he asked me to read;

"Which state is the largest?"

and was asked to write "Alaska is the largest state."

He told me I had passed and congratulated me and asked if I had any documents for him. I gave him everything I had already submitted with my previous application. Interestingly, he told me he had all those docs already except my teacher credentialing renewal notice. He took a copy of it, and the story ended. He gave me N-652, Naturalization Interview Results notice. His last name was on it and checked marks indicating I have passed the tests of English and U.S history and government. Below the notice, was also a checked portion which read "Congratulations! Your application has been recommended for approval. At this time, it appears that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the Oath Ceremony."

Well, he confided in me that I will recieve my notice for the oath ceremony soon. So folks, this is my story. I hope this might help others. My application is based on 3-year marriage. Thanks to VJ contributors. Your valuable input on this thread has been very very helpful. I am grateful. Long live VJ! :dance:

Ouch... 12 hours??? For the Oath, you may have to end up in San Fransisco again..... I wish they just gave you an interview date on the same day as an Oath day just finished with your process.

Congratulations on passing the interview.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Timeline

Thanks for for your well-wishes. V333k, when the IO pulled this paper for me to review my name, date of birth and fon number, and said this is the information which are going to be on your certificate, I was so happy within cos I thought I was to have same day oath ceremony; only to be told I would receive the later and sooner. But how much later or sooner, you are invited to be my guest.lol! I hope it doesnt take that long though. Yes I have to travel 6hrs down south and same distance back for the oath ceremony. This is what we are fighting for so we will cross our fingers and wait patiently for USCIS. Our time will definitely come.

To my fellow friends here, once again, VJ contributors as well as study tools and guide here are invaluable. Make use of every information here is and fish out those that are similar to your case and you will be fine.long live VJ! :dance:

Ouch... 12 hours??? For the Oath, you may have to end up in San Fransisco again..... I wish they just gave you an interview date on the same day as an Oath day just finished with your process.

Congratulations on passing the interview.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

franklocks, congratulations on your successful N400 interview! I have mine scheduled for the SF office on the 16th; here's hoping that I get a nice officer as well. My AOS interview in SF was not that great (though we ultimately passed). I found this information from both the Paramount theater (Oakland) website and the SF Masonic Auditorium websites for oath ceremony dates -

==============

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Naturalization Ceremonies at the Paramount Theater, Oakland

http://www.paramount...om/welcome.html

IMPORTANT: Please arrive no later than 9:30 AM. Ceremonies begin promptly at 10:00 AM.

Wednesday, May 26

Thursday, June 17

Thursday, July 8

Thursday, July 29

Thursday, August 19

http://www.masonicau...ndar/index.html

Then in Sept - seems that they're temporarily back in SF at the Masonic Auditorium:

9/9/2010 Thurs 2:00 PM Homeland Security-Swearing in Ceremony 9/21/2010 Thurs 2:00 PM Homeland Security-Swearing in Ceremony

Edited by wjinsf

AOS timeline

03/16/09 - file to lift conditions

03/16/09 - I-751 packet sent to CSC

03/19/09 - $545 check cashed

03/23/09 - NOA1 rec'd (receipt date = 03/18/09)

04/11/09 - Biometrics date

05/12/09 - Approval date!

05/16/09 - Approval letter received!

06/24/09 - card production email rec'd

07/06/09 - 10 year green card rec'd!

N-400 Timeline

03/26/2010 - mailed N-400 packet

03/29/2010 - N-400 packet rec'd

04/09/2010 - check cashed

04/15/2010 - NOA rec'd, dated 04/09/10

05/05/2010 - Biometrics

05/13/2010 - interview letter rec'd, for 6/16, 2:15 PM

06/16/2010 - Interview - approved!

07/08/2010 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Timeline

franklocks, congratulations on your successful N400 interview! I have mine scheduled for the SF office on the 16th; here's hoping that I get a nice officer as well. My AOS interview in SF was not that great (though we ultimately passed). I found this information from both the Paramount theater (Oakland) website and the SF Masonic Auditorium websites for oath ceremony dates -

==============

U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Naturalization Ceremonies at the Paramount Theater, Oakland

IMPORTANT: Please arrive no later than 9:30 AM. Ceremonies begin promptly at 10:00 AM.

Wednesday, May 26

Thursday, June 17

Thursday, July 8

Thursday, July 29

Thursday, August 19

Then in Sept - seems that they're temporarily back in SF at the Masonic Auditorium:

9/9/2010 Thurs 2:00 PM Homeland Security-Swearing in Ceremony 9/21/2010 Thurs 2:00 PM Homeland Security-Swearing in Ceremony

Thanks for sharing this piece of information, wjinsf! I was wondering where the Oath Ceremony would be held after their stint in Oakland. Good luck on your upcoming interview!! I hope you'll have a better interview experience in the SF office this time around.

Edited by *cinch*

Timeline

Thax Wjinf for the information. Do not worry you will be fine.Good luck. :dance:

==============

Wednesday, May 26

Thursday, June 17

Thursday, July 8

Thursday, July 29

Thursday, August 19

Timeline

Thnx Long Ng. He briefly touched on my relationship and wanted to know if all is well which of course I answered yes. I told him my wife(in crutches, broke left-toe), mother and father in-laws were all sitting outside in the car waiting. He was particular about my tax transcript for 2009. This is because when applying for N-400 in February, my 2009 taxes were not ready. I gave him 2007-2009 but gave 2008 and 2007 back to me cos he already had those on file. He surprisingly asked if I lived in an apartment or a house. Well, I told him we live in a house and asked me to repeat the address which I did. He again asked about the number of people living in the house. I told him myself and wife and probed abt the number of bedrooms which I did answer. Upon a reflection, I remembered including a copy of our rental agreement with the application. So perhaps that is why he was quizzing to see if I knew wht am talking abt. Besides, he looked at my wife's passport and original birth certificate plus our marriage certificate. He also asked if I had had any previous marriage and kids from a previous marriage, which again the answer is no. He asked same about my wife which was also no.He kept my conditional green card since it expired and gave the current one back to me. He looked at my state ID card as well and gave that also back to me. He looked at my passport and asked if I had travelled outside the US which was also no. He made me sign the two passport pictures I sent with application earlier, and gave me a form to verify if to correct anything in connection to my name, date of birth, address and phone number. This information according to him will be same on my certificate.

Now to the question of documents sent with application. The following were the docs I sent;

1. Personal cheque for US $675.00

2. Completed, signed and dated N-400 application form

3. Photocopy of both sides of permanent resident card

4. Two identical color passport size photographs

5. Copy of spouse’s birth certificate

6. Copy of spouse’s current passport(inside of front cover and signature page)

7. Copy of current marriage certificate

8. Copy of spouse’s vital records

9. Copy of applicant’s vital records

10. Copy of IRS tax transcripts (2007-2009)

11. Form G-1145( E-Notification of Application/petition Acceptance

I hope this information helps. :dance:

Congratulation to you!!! i hope you will get the oath soon... Btw, i am going to apply this August based on the 3 year marriage rule. May i ask what evidence you turned in with your application? Also, did IO ask you anything about your marriage? Thanks for your time.

LN

Congratulations

k37hm7.png

03-06-10 Mailed N-400

03-17-10 Check cashed

03-19-10 NOA received

03-22-10 Biometrics sent

04-09-10 Biometrics appointment

06-14-10 Interview Date

06-22-10 Received letter for Oath

07-02-10 Oath ceremony

Congratulations and thank you for sharing your experience!

N-400

5/29/2010 - USPS Express Mail Out N-400

6/2/2010 - Priority date

6/9/2010 - Check cashed

6/11/2010 - NOA in my mail box

6/17/2010 - Able to see case status "Initial Review"

6/18/2010 - LUD

7/2/2010 - Called mis-information line to put in a service request for STILL HAVEN'T RECEIVED "FP NOTICE"

7/8/2010 - LUD, at 2:32am, received text msg and e-mail for req. for add'l evidence being mailed out on July 6th, believe it's for the FP

7/12/2010 - Received FP notice in mail, scheduled for 8/2/2010

7/15/2010 - Walk in FP

7/22/2010 - Online status changed to "Case sent to local office for interview schedule"

7/27/2010 - Received interview letter for 8/23/2010

8/23/2010 - Passed interview, was informed that next oath date is 9/22/2010 and oath letter will come in the mail

9/3/2010 - Received oath letter in the mail for 9/22/2010

Disclaimer: All comments, advice and information are given out by my kind intention, please use them at your own risk and do not hold me liable or responsible for any inaccuracy.

Thnx Long Ng. He briefly touched on my relationship and wanted to know if all is well which of course I answered yes. I told him my wife(in crutches, broke left-toe), mother and father in-laws were all sitting outside in the car waiting. He was particular about my tax transcript for 2009. This is because when applying for N-400 in February, my 2009 taxes were not ready. I gave him 2007-2009 but gave 2008 and 2007 back to me cos he already had those on file. He surprisingly asked if I lived in an apartment or a house. Well, I told him we live in a house and asked me to repeat the address which I did. He again asked about the number of people living in the house. I told him myself and wife and probed abt the number of bedrooms which I did answer. Upon a reflection, I remembered including a copy of our rental agreement with the application. So perhaps that is why he was quizzing to see if I knew wht am talking abt. Besides, he looked at my wife's passport and original birth certificate plus our marriage certificate. He also asked if I had had any previous marriage and kids from a previous marriage, which again the answer is no. He asked same about my wife which was also no.He kept my conditional green card since it expired and gave the current one back to me. He looked at my state ID card as well and gave that also back to me. He looked at my passport and asked if I had travelled outside the US which was also no. He made me sign the two passport pictures I sent with application earlier, and gave me a form to verify if to correct anything in connection to my name, date of birth, address and phone number. This information according to him will be same on my certificate.

Now to the question of documents sent with application. The following were the docs I sent;

1. Personal cheque for US $675.00

2. Completed, signed and dated N-400 application form

3. Photocopy of both sides of permanent resident card

4. Two identical color passport size photographs

5. Copy of spouse’s birth certificate

6. Copy of spouse’s current passport(inside of front cover and signature page)

7. Copy of current marriage certificate

8. Copy of spouse’s vital records

9. Copy of applicant’s vital records

10. Copy of IRS tax transcripts (2007-2009)

11. Form G-1145( E-Notification of Application/petition Acceptance

I hope this information helps. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.