BinhJerome

visa fees increased

26 posts in this topic

didnt you get the wedding license a couple of weeks ago?

If you are talking to me, no. I had heard that I could file a DCF with a K1 visa, and have found out that this info was not true. I am simply engaged. I will be starting the paperwork for the Vietnamese marriage license next week

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
good.gif

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow.. If that were true, Linda wouldn't have gone through everything she did to bring Dung to the US... and why are all of the VN women marrying Viet Kieu and VN men instead of finding foreigners @ Saigonsingles.com like others...whistling.gif

I would not have a problem living in Vietnam if that was his preference. Although my entire family, mom/dad and brothers/sisters live here in the states, but I would have been pretty flexible. It would have been a little difficult giving up my job and selling my house, but life happens, and I'm sure I could change my life, if necessary, at the drop of a dime.

There are many reasons I chose my husband, but top of the list include...

1. He's Vietnamese. The first Vietnamese I dated surprisingly... :P:) But my family LOVES him almost as much as I do! :)

2. We share the same religion. This was important to both of us since we were born and raised and came from very religious families.

3. We can talk about anything and everything...

4. He's very traditional and family oriented, but open to change...

5. He's respectful and thoughtful and has old-fashioned manners.

6. He honestly loves me and makes sure I know that! :)

Of course there are other things. We learn more and more about one another everyday still, but we're probably more in love now than before and our love will probably only grow stronger! :)

I do understand the main point Jake was trying to get at (that not everyone's in it for the visa...) and that what he had type was obviously a problem with sentence structure, not necessarily thought process, so give him a break... :);)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

It was worded wrong, I meant that they like foreign men and Viet Kieu because they will treat them better than Vietnamese men. But for the first post to tell someone that his wife will leave once she realizes his plan is not the same as hers, is completely wrong. My statement was made because in my field of work I actually work alongside many Vietnamese women, not friends of friends, and when I talk to them this is what I get from them. Not some old myth that all Vietnamese women JUST want to come to America, and that if their man can not give them that then they will leave. I think that statement should anger many people that have been denied, and those that are risking Denial. Since you chimed in Scott, what do you think? If you are denied, do you think your fiancee will simply find another man? I don't think that would happen in the least, and when someone would insinuate something of that nature I bet you would get extremely irritated extremely quickly. I will also admit that the statement is true in some cases, and that my statement is also not true in all cases, but all of you that have your wives, ask them why would they want to marry YOU, when you lived so far away in the first place? Would the answer be "because I wanted to come to America" or would it be "I thought you would treat me better than most men" I am sure there are many other reasons that they might say. Now back to topic, I have read that it is about 985$ from start to finish for a DCF so I guess that I will be going to Chao Ray Monday and getting ready for our wedding license, are there any other suggestions you all might make pertaining to do's and dont's prior to me filing for a visa?

I still ask this all the time... hehehe.... he just tells me because I'm "special" (amongst other things...) ;)

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Filed: Timeline

I think you are selling her short, and him as well. I talked with my woman, and she did not even really care if we filed for her to come to America, and I had to even talk her into it. Granted my job brings me to Vietnam 6 months a year, but then the other 6 I am stuck in America alone, and it really sucks. Also on another note, I have seen many expats that live full time in Vietnam and they have never filed for a Visa for their wives since their plans have always been to live and work in Vietnam. If this is your point of view that is fine, but there are many women that do not want to go to America at all costs, I have even actually found that for the most part, they like foreigners mainly because they feel they will be treated better than by Vietnamese men and Viet Kieu men

That is like the US government stick it to us anyway we can. I just read the other day it was still $131 ohh well, the price of love goes up like everything else I guess

My previous reply started with JeromeBinh's quote. That means I replied to his previous response in the same thread and it's intended for Jerome only. Let me clarify my point so there won't be any misunderstanding. IMHO Jerome's opinion about the US (such it isn't that much of a heaven/paradise like most people dream about because of crimes, poverty, blah blah) really isn't that much relevant in his relationship with his current wife/SO because what really matters is HER wanting. Does she want to immigrate to the US or not? She's the one who will make the decision to stay in the relationship or not. If her wish for whatever reason can't be fulfilled (coming to America for better life, education, family reunion, whatever), his opinion about America is mute.

A woman doesn't get online to seek someone who doesn't even speak her language so they can become a family living where she currently lives (VN).

Now I respond to the bold part of your response that I quote. True, very true. It's deeply built in the tradition/cultural custom of each race. Asian men tend to treat their women less than their "equal" partner. Most Asian women born and raised here in the States tend to seek interracial marriages as well, especially those with college education and in the upper/higher income social class. But then why can't you date these Asian women here? Right, you're NOT even at the bottom of their waiting list. The truth hurts doesn't it?

If you're able to find a well-educated/mannered, family-oriented woman in VN, I'm happy for you (and a little jealous as well). Just make sure she's not 20-plus years away from you and/or hasn't even finished her high school education (Trung hoc, lop 12). Sure, she will treat you a KING now because she knows what she wants and you're her important catalyst. Only time will prove who's living in fallacy and refuses that dreams seem real, but they're not

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

My previous reply started with JeromeBinh's quote. That means I replied to his previous response in the same thread and it's intended for Jerome only. Let me clarify my point so there won't be any misunderstanding. IMHO Jerome's opinion about the US (such it isn't that much of a heaven/paradise like most people dream about because of crimes, poverty, blah blah) really isn't that much relevant in his relationship with his current wife/SO because what really matters is HER wanting. Does she want to immigrate to the US or not? She's the one who will make the decision to stay in the relationship or not. If her wish for whatever reason can't be fulfilled (coming to America for better life, education, family reunion, whatever), his opinion about America is mute.

A woman doesn't get online to seek someone who doesn't even speak her language so they can become a family living where she currently lives (VN).

Now I respond to the bold part of your response that I quote. True, very true. It's deeply built in the tradition/cultural custom of each race. Asian men tend to treat their women less than their "equal" partner. Most Asian women born and raised here in the States tend to seek interracial marriages as well, especially those with college education and in the upper/higher income social class. But then why can't you date these Asian women here? Right, you're NOT even at the bottom of their waiting list. The truth hurts doesn't it?

If you're able to find a well-educated/mannered, family-oriented woman in VN, I'm happy for you (and a little jealous as well). Just make sure she's not 20-plus years away from you and/or hasn't even finished her high school education (Trung hoc, lop 12). Sure, she will treat you a KING now because she knows what she wants and you're her important catalyst. Only time will prove who's living in fallacy and refuses that dreams seem real, but they're not

First of all, before you make any assumption about a persons fiancee/wife shouldn't YOU know them???? Secondly, about you saying that I cant date an Asian girl in America, I laugh at that, and at you. Do you know me? Do you know my dating history? You make generalized assumptions, and I wonder if it is because you think your wife/fiancee would leave YOU, or that YOU can not date Asian women in America, maybe it is you calling the kettle black??? I have dated many Asian women, while in America, I was in a relationship for over 2 years with a Korean woman, and then another one for 3 with a Vietnamese woman, and neither of these women wanted me to help bring any of their family members to the US so they were not using me as I am sure you would like to suggest. I am also not a millionaire, I do have an education, and a very good career, but when people make stereotype remarks and try to generalize any persons relationship I tend to take offense as most people would, even if it is not pointed in my direction simply because it is the right thing to do. Quite frankly I am surprised that Jerome has not replied to your post, and I am also surprised that other people in similar situations have not chimed in on your remarks as well. I noticed quite a few people on this site have been denied, and if your assumption is true, then every one of them that has been denied under your assumption should be looking for a new man to take them to America. Because obviously they did not get it done, so now they must move on to get what they really want meaning only the green card (not the love of a man, or commitment of the man they fell in love with), and also with your assumption we now should warn Scott, and all the others in AP to be prepared for their fiancees to end their relationships when/if they get denied because once again now that their plan is not the same as their own plan they need to move on and find a new sucker to take them all the way to America. Am I getting this right???? That is how I read your statement to Jerome, is that because they failed their visa, and for what ever reasons they have he just moved to Vietnam, and then they did in fact get married, but his wife only married him because she still hopes he will file for a CR1 visa (and you know this because you know her?) that if in 3 months, 6 month, or who knows how long that she will now divorce him after just marrying him because she never really loved him, only loved the thought of America, and that ALL Vietnamese women are like this. She is now going to marry another man from the United States, and have the red flag of a previous marriage, and start this process all over again? That is what I see in your words, so with that being said, I replied because the way you generalized all relationships that do not end in a Visa. This means that Clay should now be worried, I should be worried because I also don't have a Visa for my fiancee yet, and people like Scott that are in AP not knowing anything should also take this into account. Your post might not be intended for me, or for Clay, or Scott, or anyone else in this forum other than Jerome, but your assumptions on a persons relationship being a sham are unwarranted, and if I were to say that your wife or fiancee is going to leave you once she is in America because she never loved you and only used you to get there, so now that she is there, she is going to leave you for another man with more money, more power, and maybe better looking, or a "better lover" as you hinted to Jerome wouldn't that be out of line? I think so, so please feel free to sleep well tonight knowing that if what you say is true, you are also living on borrowed time

Edited by JakeinVietnam

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

If you are talking to me, no. I had heard that I could file a DCF with a K1 visa, and have found out that this info was not true. I am simply engaged. I will be starting the paperwork for the Vietnamese marriage license next week

Jake, you sound like a great guy. We should meet for coffee some time.

Jake, you sound like a great guy. We should meet for coffee some time.

It would have to be in the evening some time, I usually work 6 days a week and then on Sunday, I try to relax before I start preparing next weeks work. Busy life working for Samsung the only nice thing is that I work both here and in the States.

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

It would have to be in the evening some time, I usually work 6 days a week and then on Sunday, I try to relax before I start preparing next weeks work. Busy life working for Samsung the only nice thing is that I work both here and in the States.

Sounds good. Maybe we can give Ralph some business over at The Big Grill. I'll send you a PM.

Hey my company is close to samsung In the same industrial estates area. In fact my brother inlaw use to own some of samsung's land and then the government took it away from him. What area are you living in? The traffic is crazy coming from certain sides of the town. There are so many workers in the area they clog up the streets with bicycle riders, motorbikes, and 18 wheelers.

mrc2pmh1445.gif

Hey my company is close to samsung In the same industrial estates area. In fact my brother inlaw use to own some of samsung's land and then the government took it away from him. What area are you living in? The traffic is crazy coming from certain sides of the town. There are so many workers in the area they clog up the streets with bicycle riders, motorbikes, and 18 wheelers.

District 7 in the Panorama apartment, it is a bit far out, but I love the swimming pool and all the western shops. It is really hectic sometimes, especially around lunch. I dont work in the industrial area, I have an office job in district 1

Edited by JakeinVietnam

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.