wilgrace

Original documents on interview in USEM manila

11 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,

I have my interview on June 2, in US embassy Manila, on my letter of appointment there is Document Name and Document status and on my understanding i don't need to bring things that i already sent to the NVC....but i just want to ask to make sure if they still ask the original like birth certificate on the interview ....thanks.

hi

YES THEY WILL NEED TO SEE ORIGINALS

I would take a second set of original or certified copies OF your documents as well as a copy of them if you want your original one back.This is just in case the documents get misplaced or you did not send them.

Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate (if your Married)

CENOMAR Certificate (CEMAR if your Married)

NBI Police Certificate

Good Luck

Always and Forever

Ronald & Elvira Williams and Ronny Jr.

That's what we did. We got 2 or more copies of everything! CENOMAR, CEMAR, NBI, everything! I sent the originals + a photocopy of everything to NVC of course, but she had all the same documents in her folder for the interview. You'll need an NBI at the embassy if you don't have a valid photo ID. Merlaine used her NBI and appointment letter to get in :thumbs: (she has an old student ID but it's in her maiden name).

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Do i need to bring the original divorce decree of my husband too...thanks

If you submitted this during USCIS/NVC process you shouldn't "need" it but as with other documentation it may be wise to have it.

FYI...many at here VJ have said that CFO will ask to see spouse divorce decree.

If you have not visited the Regional Discussion Boards...it has much additional info on Manila Embassy, etc.

VJ Philippines Discussion Board

Edited by garysworld

If you submitted this during USCIS/NVC process you shouldn't "need" it but as with other documentation it may be wise to have it.

FYI...many at here VJ have said that CFO will ask to see spouse divorce decree.

If you have not visited the Regional Discussion Boards...it has much additional info on Manila Embassy, etc.

VJ Philippines Discussion Board

Bring everything you sent to NVC (Original BC, MC, CENOMAR, NBI Clearance), yes... including the divorce decree (bring this to your CFO appointment). Also, if you changed your name to your married name... make sure you have TWO NBI certificate. One with your maiden name, the other with your married name (with alias of your maiden name). Not exactly an SOP but you never know... in case you meet a very ####### CO.

If you are below 21 (or 25 not really sure; check with CFO), bring an affidavit/parental consent to your CFO appointment too. There was one in our group who had to go all the way back to province and back to Manila to get her CFO just because she forgot or didn't know that they need it.

Good luck to you!

Bring everything you sent to NVC (Original BC, MC, CENOMAR, NBI Clearance), yes... including the divorce decree (bring this to your CFO appointment). Also, if you changed your name to your married name... make sure you have TWO NBI certificate. One with your maiden name, the other with your married name (with alias of your maiden name). Not exactly an SOP but you never know... in case you meet a very ####### CO.

If you are below 21 (or 25 not really sure; check with CFO), bring an affidavit/parental consent to your CFO appointment too. There was one in our group who had to go all the way back to province and back to Manila to get her CFO just because she forgot or didn't know that they need it.

Good luck to you!

about the NBI clearance, can i just show the personal copy at USEM? or do i need to get a new set of NBI clearance?

IR-1 / CR-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

Marriage :

I-130 Sent : 2009-11-23

I-130 NOA1 : 2009-11-27

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2010-04-28

NVC Received : 2010-05-03

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-05-04

Pay I-864 Bill 2010-05-04

Receive I-864 Package : 2010-05-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2010-05-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-05-04

Receive IV Bill : 2010-05-18

Pay IV Bill : 2010-05-18

Receive Instruction Package :

Case Completed at NVC :

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required):

Second Interview Result:

Visa Received :

US Entry :

Comments : on our 5th year of being married. blessed with one son...

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 152 days from your NOA1 date.

about the NBI clearance, can i just show the personal copy at USEM? or do i need to get a new set of NBI clearance?

I have a personal copy of the NBI...for i sent the half of that...i dont think we will still have to get another set of that for its an original too....I hope not....

• 8 months later...

I have a personal copy of the NBI...for i sent the half of that...i dont think we will still have to get another set of that for its an original too....I hope not....

hi, this is one of my question, is it okay to Show to USEM manila the Personal copy of my NBI? because like all of us we sent the other half to NVC.

anyone please answer my question...

Interview requiements for Manila Immigrant Visa Interview This should clear the air.......please read it as it is loaded with good info from the horses mouth!!!! :thumbs: When you get to a Bureau that issues very important documents......please get 3-5 of them IE birth certs, marriage contracts........because they will be needed later on in your journey.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob

Edited by calibob
  • Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.