Peter Miami

Colombia Club

4,917 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, as far as I know, an MD can ask you to disrobe as long as its to actually check something. I can't answer for the ladies nor the gentlemen since my wife went to Dra Gonzalez. But I have read here that some people have OK experiences with the doctor, especially if the US Citizen is in the waiting room or close by (your girl can mention this if you are not allowed in... but try going in like me... speaking Spanish only). Leidy can always question the motives, and gauge his reaction... but its a fine line to be walked since they have a small amount of power over the immigration process and they know it.

The price is fixed in the current packet information, so you may want to take that along and make sure they don't try pulling a fast one on you. Just point to the pertinent list of prices in any occurrence of overcharging.

What you'll get in terms of vaccines from the medical exam is a list of shots taken/immune to, and if any series are incomplete then it will say so- this will be the chance for a public health department or your local Civil Surgeon here in the States to "offer" the next series of dose(s). Most likely it will also be required to fill out the I-693A when about to send in the AOS packet.

My 2 cents is to have her do the shots she needs within the week before the Dr's appt at a place of her choosing and taking the results with her to see him.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

NOTE TO ALL:

Do not lose your EAD card. Wendy misplaced her EAD card. So I called USCIS to report this problem. USCIS employee tells me that we would have to reapply for EAD. In other words go thru the process all over again. No replacement cards are issued by them. This is pure B.S. I even asked her what would happen if her purse was stolen, same deal "reapply and pay the entire fee again"

Lucky for us we have the EAD approval letter which should be suffice for employers.

;)

K1

1/22/07: I-129F sent to CSC

1/23/07: I-129F packet received and signed for at 9:45A.M.!!

1/29/07: NOA1

4/27/07: NOA2

5/01/07: NOA2 Hardcopy received

5/10/07: Approval arrives at NVC

5/14/07: Leaves NVC

5/17/07: Arrives at Bogota, Colombia

5/18/07: Packet 3 faxed to Embassy

5/22/07: Packet 3 sent via courier

5/30/07: Wendy receives packet 3 (Good thing we used the shortcut)

6/04/07: Packet 4 received

7/03/07: Medical appt. scheduled

7/05/07: Interview!!!! VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!

7/09/07: Visa in hand!!!

7/11/07: Point of Entry at LAX, complete success!!!!!!!!!!

7/24/07: Married!!!

AOS & EAD

07/27/07: Filed for AOS & EAD

08/02/07: Arrives at Chicago

09/10/07: NOA1

09/11/07: Social Security card in hand

10/12/07: Biometrics appointment

10/25/07: EAD Approved

01/23/08: Interview = APPROVED

02/02/08: Green Card received...10 day turn around, not bad!!!

Removing Conditions

11/12/09: Mailed to CSC!

11/13/09: Arrives at CSC!

11/16/09: NOA1

11/18/09: Check Cashed!

12/14/09: Biometrics

01/07/10: Card Production Ordered (APPROVED)

I am still confused by something on the vaccines.

Until we can get the attention of the embasy on this matter, it appears that all vaccines must be "fresh" i.e. received no more than a week (is that right?) before the interview.

Now people are saying to get the vaccines the week prior to the medical appointment from someone other than the embassy doctor. But unless the beneficiary goes to a clinic or other doctor and receives all the vaccines whether they need them or not they will still not have proof of fresh vaccines. So isn't the embassy doctor still going to require more vaccines?

So what is the advantage to getting the vaccines from someone other than the embassy doctor? Is the cost lower?

And has anyone discovered a way to avoid receiving duplicate vaccines? I really don't want to vaccinate the baby again. It makes her sick for a couple of days and I think it is a little dangerous for a baby.

Byron, please ask about the vaccines when you make the appointment. I am curious to hear what the doctors are saying this week.

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey everybody. Just got Paola's interview date......January 16, 2008 @ 7 a.m. Everything goes by really fast once your papers leave NVC!

Bundy

05/11/2007: I-129F petition received Texas Service Center (11:09 am)

05/14/2007: Received Date on NOA-1 (petition sent to CSC)

05/24/2007: Recevied NOA1 via Snail Mail

10/05/2007: TOUCHED---FINALLY

10/09/2007: RFE notice received via email

10/10/2007: Touch, Touch again 10/17 due to phone call

10/18/2007: Received RFE Hard Copy via snail mail

10/19/2007: Touch

10/20/2007: Resent RFE information to CSC

10/22/2007: RFE info received CSC (6:29 am-signed for by V. Semegi)

10/22/2007: Touch. Touched again 10/30, 10/31, 11/01, 11/02

11/02/2007: NOA-2 APPROVED-USCIS Website

11/08/2007: Received NOA-2 via snail mail

11/19/2007: NVC Receives petition

11/21/2007: NVC forwards petition to consulate in Bogota, Colombia

11/26/2007: Petition received by consulate in Bogota

12/04/2007: Received packet 3

12/05/2007: Interview Date issued - January 16, 2008

01/16/2008: Visa Approved

04/21/2008: Wedding Day

05/02/2008: K1 Visa Expires

Timeline
ARRRRRGGHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry::angry::angry:

I just called Dra. Gonzalez and the secretary told me that are no longer taking appointments for the medical for the dates close to my date!

Now i have to go to the other A$$ hole that from what i have read does things in a rude manner!!!

I really need help on this one...I want to know what he is ALLOWED to do and what he is NOT ALLOWED to do......I have read that he over charges , that he makes girls disrobe more than they are supposed to etc.....

Can someone help me out here, hopefully someone that has gone through him also!

Byron,

Unfortunately Yenifer and I will be at Roa's office on Monday...we called Dra. Gonzalez and they had nothing available for us...not looking forward to seeing him because of Diana's fiasco with him but what can you do?

Yenifer will try today or tomorrow to get her vaccines up to date so we won't have to deal with him about that...

Lucho...####### there's always something with the USCIS that makes us all say HUHHHHHHHH???...just makes absolutely no sense.

Thanks for the heads up.

Congrats Bundy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Scott n Yenifer

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hey so should we go ahead and start getting the appointments even though we haven't received Packet 4?

Also, do both lab and physical exams have to be done within 1 week before the interview? Or is it just the vaccines? Are the vaccines at the lab or at the physical appointment?

Kind of confused.

Naturalization Timeline:

Jan. 03, 2020 - N-400 filed online

Jan. 23, 2020 - Biometrics appointment

Apr. 08, 2020 - Interview scheduled

I lift up my eyes to the hills—

where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth.

Timeline
I am still confused by something on the vaccines.

Until we can get the attention of the embasy on this matter, it appears that all vaccines must be "fresh" i.e. received no more than a week (is that right?) before the interview.

Now people are saying to get the vaccines the week prior to the medical appointment from someone other than the embassy doctor. But unless the beneficiary goes to a clinic or other doctor and receives all the vaccines whether they need them or not they will still not have proof of fresh vaccines. So isn't the embassy doctor still going to require more vaccines?

So what is the advantage to getting the vaccines from someone other than the embassy doctor? Is the cost lower?

And has anyone discovered a way to avoid receiving duplicate vaccines? I really don't want to vaccinate the baby again. It makes her sick for a couple of days and I think it is a little dangerous for a baby.

Byron, please ask about the vaccines when you make the appointment. I am curious to hear what the doctors are saying this week.

I bolded above part of my logic for only vaccinating a human being ONCE when the vaccine is to be given ONCE.

That is where the medical ethics ballgame comes into play.

I can recommend the vaccine the week prior to the appointment since the MDs wanted, according to the BS they were telling some applicants here, the vaccines to be fresh, e.g. within 2 weeks of the interview. What they were in fact trying to do in our opinion, was refer "unvaccinated" (yes, they are also helping you in this case) and vaccinated applicants (that had the CDC-recommended immunity via their own proof of immunity) to vaccine labs in their immediate circle of knowledge... or as could be understood: in their circle of business affiliates or even more directly- in their own offices.

Demanding the vaccine be done in their office only is not only unethical but should be reported to the US Embassy for review.

Choosing your own vaccine provider, then, is an exercise in depriving the opportunity for a doctor that is already getting way overpaid to take a look at an applicant and sign a secretary-filled vaccination document and medical exam sheet to make more money. Granted, if you need the vaccine then you need the vaccine... But the primary reason for the need for clarity in this matter comes from people being unethically obligated to get repeat vaccines when they were not necessary, AND having to pay for this unethical behavior.

That is what irks me and in bold above is concrete evidence of one possible side effect from a vaccine reaction.

Lets hope this question gets addressed and specifically taken care of for benefit of those still in the visa process.

Timeline

I just called Dra. Gonzalez and the secretary told me that are no longer taking appointments for the medical for the dates close to my date!

Now i have to go to the other A$$ hole that from what i have read does things in a rude manner!!!

I really need help on this one...I want to know what he is ALLOWED to do and what he is NOT ALLOWED to do......I have read that he over charges , that he makes girls disrobe more than they are supposed to etc.....

Byron,

Unfortunately Yenifer and I will be at Roa's office on Monday...we called Dra. Gonzalez and they had nothing available for us...not looking forward to seeing him because of Diana's fiasco with him but what can you do?

Yenifer will try today or tomorrow to get her vaccines up to date so we won't have to deal with him about that...

Lucho...####### there's always something with the USCIS that makes us all say HUHHHHHHHH???...just makes absolutely no sense.

Thanks for the heads up.

Scott PLEASE let me know how it goes with him!!! try to go in with Yenifer and see what happens!! I sure will be trying!!

By the way , Leidy called today and the secretary at Roa's office said that they have to do the vaccines in the office and that they dont want them done somewhere else!!! This kind of ####### pisses me off...you can get the exact same vaccines somewhere else but they feel the power to be able to say that they musyt be done there!!!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Timeline

Ok my last question was just answered by Byron.

Byron, did you guys schedule an appointment already?

Naturalization Timeline:

Jan. 03, 2020 - N-400 filed online

Jan. 23, 2020 - Biometrics appointment

Apr. 08, 2020 - Interview scheduled

I lift up my eyes to the hills—

where does my help come from?

My help comes from the LORD,

the Maker of heaven and earth.

Timeline

We just scheduled it for the 27th of December when I CAN DEFINATELY BE THERE!!

2/17/07-Met in Bogota

4/20/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/18/07-sent out I129f

5/19/07-returned to Bogota to see her

5/21/07-received at VCS

5/28/07-Received NOA1

5/30/07-touch

7/4/07-returned to see her

10/17/07-Met Leidy in Panama for 5 days

10/26/07-RFE

10/27/07-Sent back RFE

10/29/07-Touch due to RFE arriving

10/30/07-Touch

10/31/07-Touch

11/15/07-NOA2 Sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/16/07-Touch

11/19/07-NVC Received

11/21/07-Left NVC for Consulate

11/22/07-Returned to see Leidy after her stay in the hospital..

11/23/07-Consualte received

11/26/07-Packet 3 sent to Leidy

12/04/07-Packet 3 received

12/04/07-Packet 3 sent

12/31/07-Interview date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!

1/9/08- Leidy's overnight flight will arrive to JFK airport!!!!!!

Timeline

If anyone has any questions regarding the biology of a vaccine PM me. Or check out the CDC website: www.cdc.gov

I strongly believe in vaccination as a proper disease-control method, as long as the vaccination is appropriately handled and dosed.

In some cases I also think that repeating a vaccine is a good thing (sort of like a booster shot), for example, when traveling to a region where a particular disease for which a vaccine is available is incident.

The fact of the matter is that a vaccine dose should never be used as a condition to obtain a "passing score" on a medical exam you already paid for if you already had a lifetime vaccine dose and you have the evidence for it. In fact, if the doctors were really concerned about an applicant's immunity to a vaccine-available disease, then they would include a BLOOD TITER (tells you how much of a vaccine/antibody response is circulating after a vaccine develops immunity) test in the bloodwork the Embassy already requires for consideration for the Visa process.

Timeline

Byron,

Thanks for the heads up.

Scott PLEASE let me know how it goes with him!!! try to go in with Yenifer and see what happens!! I sure will be trying!!

By the way , Leidy called today and the secretary at Roa's office said that they have to do the vaccines in the office and that they dont want them done somewhere else!!! This kind of ####### pisses me off...you can get the exact same vaccines somewhere else but they feel the power to be able to say that they musyt be done there!!!!

Scott and Byron, please try to evidence this for us... this goes for anyone else here. They need to prove that their own vaccine is now superior, safe, and not monopolized. This needs to be presented to the Embassy because this is a potential case of medical malpractice and all applicants are potentially looking at an obligation to receive unneeded shots. There is no guarantee that folks with prior immunity will be exempt from this ludicrous demand.

They must not be allowed to get away with this.

Timeline

By the way , Leidy called today and the secretary at Roa's office said that they have to do the vaccines in the office and that they dont want them done somewhere else!!!?????? This kind of ####### pisses me off...you can get the exact same vaccines somewhere else but they feel the power to be able to say that they musyt be done there!!!!

Byron...

"THIS IS JUST PURE ####### AND IT STINKS BADLY!!!!!!!"

If Yenifer can get her vaccines done now or tomorrow...that's the way it's gonna be and I cannot imagine any kind of an arguement...

Scott

K1 TIMELINE

04/31/07-Sent out I-129F

05/03/07-NOA1"priority date"

08/20/07-Received hard copy of NOA1...HOORAAY!

09/21/07-NOA2 "APPROVED"

09/26/07-NOA2 Hardcopy

10/31/07-NVC mailed I-129F to Bogota via DHL

11/09/07-Called Dept. of State and interview is set for 12/12/07

12/07/07-Yenifer and I arrive in Bogota

12/12/07-VISA "APPROVED"

12/19/07-Point Of Entry: Miami

01/23/08-Married

AOS, EAD + AP TIMELINE

02/25/08-Mailed AOS, EAD + AP

02/26/08-Packet arrived in Chicago

03/06/08-NOAs received

03/25/08-Biometrics appointment

05/05/08-EAD received

05/09/08-AP received

06/30/08-Card production ordered

07/15/08-Received card today!!!

LIFT CONDITIONS (I-751)

03/15/10-File to lift conditions

03/19/10-NOA1 I-751 receipt notice

03/26/10-NOA2 biometrics scheduled

04/22/10-Biometrics appointment

06/14/10-Card production ordered

Timeline

Congratulations on the newly approved couples!!! Wohoo!

Byron - New Year's Eve interview? Wow!

K1 Timeline

3-26-2007 - I-129F Filed at CSC

3-30-2007 - NOA1

4-05-2007 / 6-19-2007 / 6-20-2007- Touched

6-26-2007 - NOA2 - Notice Date

7-17-2007 - NVC Case Received BGTxxxxxxxxxx

7-20-2007 - NVC Case sent to Bogota

7-30-2007 - Packet 3 Faxed and by Servientrega

7-31-2007 - Packet 4 Sent by Embassy to Fiancee

9-06-2007 - INTERVIEW! - APPROVED

9-16-2007 - Arrived via IAH - Houston

10-12-2007 - Married

11-27-2007 - AOS Packet sent

11-29-2007 - Packet Received in Chicago

12-03-2007 - Check cleared - NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

12-27-2007 - Biometrics Completed

01-24-2008 - EAD and AP Approved

02-05-2008 - EAD and AP Received in the mail

05-19-2008 - INTERVIEW in SFO - Approved

05-20-2008 - Green Card Production Ordered

05-31-2008 - Green Card Received

03-01-2010 - Removal of Conditions I-751 sent - sent back

03-24-2010 - 2nd Submission

03-26-2010 - NOA

04-01-2010 - Check Cashed $625

05-05-2010 - Biometrics Appt

07-06-2010 - Card Production Ordered - No Interview

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.