HalfnHalf

Packet recieved from Montreal Consulate... checklist? Medical?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone, i've got a question for those of you well into your process.

We've recieved our NOA2, and the consulate in Montreal now has our information. We got a packet from them, listing forms I need to download, fill out and return, as well as a checklist of material I should have "obtained". This includes the "Medical".

I was under the impression that this would be done closer to the interview, after we were given the date. Infact, on additional attached pages they state to let the medical clinic know our interview date when I schedule my examination.

So does anyone on here know? Do I need to do this medical BEFORE I send back the forms and checklist?? I want to get this stuff sent in ASAP, so we can go ahead and get our interview date and start a real countdown. They only have ONE physician listed that can do this physical so i'm worried i'll have to wait a while to do it. About to call so we'll see.

Thanks everyone!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mail the checklist back with the appropriate checks next to the documents you will provide even though you haven't gotten your medical exam done yet. Think of the list as more of the things you must have with you when you go to the interview. Until Montreal has the packet 3 checklist and documents returned, you aren't in the queue for an interview date.

You can schedule your medical exam for a K-1 visa if you have the packet 3 letter. It takes a little while to schedule it in Canada so making the appointment now won't hurt you. Come on over to the Regional Canada forum and you will find all sorts of helpful things.

Edited by lilacvioletiris

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Great, thanks for your response.

I was worried about the wait time for the examination if I indeed need it done before I could send the forms back in and get our interview date. I just called infact and all I got was a recording saying they couldn't get to my call because of the mass volume of callers. I figured being Toronto and only one physician to do all these exams there would probably be quite a wait time.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What lila said is correct. Depending on where you go for the medical it can be a month or more wait. I got my p3 in december and i called the medical in toronto and only got an appointment for a month later. and it was the only day otherwise i'd have to wait 2 months for the next appointment. Most of the items can be checked off and gotten once you mail it back. As long as you have all those documents for the interview your fine.

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.