Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

How to get hold of a copy of DS-2053 (Medical form)

3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts


I have had the K1 medical, and have had the interview at the US embassy in London. I was approved for the visa, and now have it in my passport. My question is when changing conditions after I get married I do not want to have to have another medical in the US. I have heard this can be avoided if you have a copy of your DS-2053 medical form. Is this true and if so how do I go about getting hold of it?

I would really appreciate any help.

Many thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Try contacting the panel physician who performed the medical exam and request a copy. I have heard some people have been successful in obtaining a copy from some physicians.

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom

You should not have to have another medical exam when applying for your AOS.

Since you are K-1 and your medical examination was completed in London, your DS-2053 should have been included with your package that you handed over at POE. However, there have been reported cases where the DS-2053 has gone missing. In which case you will get an RFE unless you have submitted your I-693 with your AOS package.

So, from what I can gather, you would be well advised to include the I-693 with your AOS application.

If you have the DS-3025 immunization record that the Knightsbridge Doctors should have given you a copy of, you should be able to have them transcribed into an I-693 locally in the US by a Civil Surgeon. There is usually a small admin fee of $50-$75. In my case, it cost $100. You may have to be prepared to convince the CS that you do not require an additional medical.

Good luck with your Visa Journey!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...