Mag&Kelvin

Question about I-134 for the K1

4 posts in this topic

Hi everyone!!

I finally got my NOA2 yayyyy and I am starting to gather all the documents we will need for our interview. Looking in the internet I read in the USCIS website that for the K1 visa the I-134 affidavit of support, you don't need to meet the 125% of the poverty guidelines only the 100%, that the 125% is only needed for the I-864. Does anybody have any information regarding this. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated. :whistle::help:

Thanks,

Mag

K1

04-18-2008 Started dating my Moii

06-06-2009 Got engaged yaaay

02-05-2010 Sent I-129F to VSC

02-18-2010 NOA1 in the mail and check cashed

05-05-2010 NOA2 woohoo

08-04-2010 Interview -- Denied -- :(

CR1

12/27/2010 Got Married to the love of my life!

02/01/2011 Sent I-130 to Lockbox

02/04/2011 I-130 Received

02/10/2011 NOA1 and Check Cashed

event.png

au5yh68uuu5z.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

The petitioner need to meet the 125%, 100% of poverty guidelines for sponsor on active duty in the US, armed forces who are petitioning for their spouse or child.

Poverty Guidelines

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Thanks for the fast response :)

That is what I had originally thought but then I read on the website that for the I-134 only the 100% was needed and I got confused.

Thanks again,

Mag

K1

04-18-2008 Started dating my Moii

06-06-2009 Got engaged yaaay

02-05-2010 Sent I-129F to VSC

02-18-2010 NOA1 in the mail and check cashed

05-05-2010 NOA2 woohoo

08-04-2010 Interview -- Denied -- :(

CR1

12/27/2010 Got Married to the love of my life!

02/01/2011 Sent I-130 to Lockbox

02/04/2011 I-130 Received

02/10/2011 NOA1 and Check Cashed

event.png

au5yh68uuu5z.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Thanks,

Mag

Hi Mag, actually someone has posted a link to the DoS (Department of State) web site FAQ where it states the 100% number you are talking about. It is an interesting and technical/legal discussion that ends up confusing people very quickly. I will post the link to one of the two threads I know where it is debated.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/255172-need-co-sponsor-i-134-im-jobless-right-now/

Your question is one of the many questions that has NO CORRECT answer because the laws are unclear for the I-134 and the Instruction form states nothing.

The BEST answer is the one you have already received, please use 125% of the Poverty Line for your household size based on the 2009 I-864P form unless the USCIS releases an update. Absolutely no word on any updates.

EDITED to Add: Mag, I-134 and Embassy/Consulate Interview questions should be placed in the Forum named US Embassy and Consulate Discussion. Also by going there to post your question, you will find many other interesting topics that answer or raise other questions for you about the interview process.

Good luck.

Edited by Audy_Rob

Naturalization N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.