Sasha_Cool

Updated Packet 3 from Embassy in Jamaica

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

you have to do ds156 ds156k and 157 all can be found on the us embassy of kingston website. One of the forms has to be done as it will generate a bar code print all forms filed out in duplicate..

Timeline

Thanks sugarapple, because the ds-160 was throwing me off. I am goig to get started on two of the forms ad prit them at work ad sit down with fiance and go over ds-156 with a fine comb.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

In addition to that, don't forget your non-impediment and police record. You will need these as well and I believe about 6 or 8 passport photos. Good luck on your journey! star_smile.gif

Timeline

Thanks MRSTee, I told my fiance about those. He is going to look about his son's passport at the RGD and do the no-imped same time. Police record I think he needs to wait until he gets the letter from the embassy.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks MRSTee, I told my fiance about those. He is going to look about his son's passport at the RGD and do the no-imped same time. Police record I think he needs to wait until he gets the letter from the embassy.

The police record and non-impediment forms are good for one year and I suggest you get them ASAP!!

The RDG is no joke (took 5 months to get ours) and you want to know that you have a clean police report right away...

Lawny used to always tell people to get the police report before they file a thing.

Probably good advice!

Timeline

The police record and non-impediment forms are good for one year and I suggest you get them ASAP!!

The RDG is no joke (took 5 months to get ours) and you want to know that you have a clean police report right away...

Lawny used to always tell people to get the police report before they file a thing.

Probably good advice!

I think it depends on which office you go to. He will be going to the office in St Ann's Bay. For the police record, dont they have to have documentation from the embassy to say why they need it or is it only when they go for their medical they need that from the embassy. If he doesn't need it, I will have him go look about it early next week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I bumped a topic for you that has Packet 3 info/forms.

JaP, I didn't think about the police record before filing. I thought about health! I had the paperwork all ready to file, but waited for the blood test results before I mailed it off. :lol:

November 19, 2007 - Met

November 25, 2008 - Engaged

November 25, 2009 - Married

November 24, 2011 - Baby due!

Daily earning Amazon gift cards by searching the web with SwagBucks!

Timeline

I think it depends on which office you go to. He will be going to the office in St Ann's Bay. For the police record, dont they have to have documentation from the embassy to say why they need it or is it only when they go for their medical they need that from the embassy. If he doesn't need it, I will have him go look about it early next week.

No, hit's only the medical he needs the embassy letter for :thumbs:

Timeline

Right he only needs his trn number and his passport for the police report. and his case number they put the case number on the police report.

Oh JAP I think the imped and the police report is only good for six months..

Timeline

Oh JAP I think the imped and the police report is only good for six months..

I received this in an e-mail from the Embassy on May 11th this year:

REMEMBER:

The medical report and police certificate expire after 1 year.

The visa fee payment is good for 1 year after the initial interview.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Hi all, I'm very new to this process and I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. Does anyone know if the fiance' (petitioner) has to be present at the interview in Jamaica or is this optional?

2. Should the paperwork requested in Packet 3 be submitted to /dropped of at the Embassy prior to the interview?

I've read and heard different stories and am just trying to prepare my fiance' as much as possible. I've heard that they will give you a receipt for the documents if you take them in... and you get them back upon completion of the interview.

3. Since some Jamaican residents don't have physical addresses... is this a problem with the delivery of Packets 3 and 4 or is it just very time-consuming?

Thanks in advance!! :thumbs:

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi all, I'm very new to this process and I have a few questions that I'm hoping someone can answer.

1. Does anyone know if the fiance' (petitioner) has to be present at the interview in Jamaica or is this optional?

2. Should the paperwork requested in Packet 3 be submitted to /dropped of at the Embassy prior to the interview?

I've read and heard different stories and am just trying to prepare my fiance' as much as possible. I've heard that they will give you a receipt for the documents if you take them in... and you get them back upon completion of the interview.

3. Since some Jamaican residents don't have physical addresses... is this a problem with the delivery of Packets 3 and 4 or is it just very time-consuming?

Thanks in advance!! :thumbs:

Hi i filed for my husband and I don't think u have to go but it looks good if u do. They don't give u back your documents once he comes yoy have to fill out a G-884 and request them back. If you guys have an email and you provided it on the form they will email it to you cause I got the emails and my husband actually got the forms almost a month later so provide them with an email it will help. Good luck

CR-1 Visa

California Service Center

Consulate : Jamaica

Marriage (if applicable):

2010-11-03

I-130 NOA1 : 2010-11-09

I-130 RFE :

I-130 RFE Sent :

I-130 Approved : 2011-03-30

NVC Received : 2011-04-08

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2011-04-18

Pay I-864 Bill 2011-04-18

Receive I-864 Package : 2011-04-19

Return Completed I-864 : 2011-04-20

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2011-04-19

Receive IV Bill : 2011-04-29

Pay IV Bill : 2011-05-02

Receive Instruction Package : 2011-06-03

Case Completed at NVC : 2011-04-22

NVC Left : 2011-04-22

Consulate Received : 2011-04-25

Packet 3 Received : 2011-04-29

Packet 3 Sent : 2011-05-04

Packet 4 Received : 2011-05-05

Interview Date : 2011-06-03

Interview Result :

Second Interview

(If Required): 2011-06-21

Second Interview Result: Approved

Visa Received : 2011-06-22

US Entry : 2011-07-04

Timeline

Hi i filed for my husband and I don't think u have to go but it looks good if u do. They don't give u back your documents once he comes yoy have to fill out a G-884 and request them back. If you guys have an email and you provided it on the form they will email it to you cause I got the emails and my husband actually got the forms almost a month later so provide them with an email it will help. Good luck

Thanks Bajankutie... I did provide an email and hopefully they will use it for the forms. Thanks for information.

[08-06-10] - Mailed petition to California Service Center

[08-09-10] - Packet received and signed for at service center

[08-16-10] - Check cashed in Lewisville, Texas

[08-19-10] - Received NOA1 by mail (notice date August 13th)

[01-05-11] - Received email notification of NOA2 approval

[01-10-11] - NOA2 Hardcopy received - (Approval date January 4th)

[01-10-11} - NVC Case# Received

[01-13-11] - Case left NVC for the Embassy

[02-08-11] - Scanned and emailed DS-230 to Embassy; no Packet 3 received

[02-16-11] - Packet 4 mailed to fiance'

[03-18-11] - Interview date

[03-18-11] - Case Pending AP

[05-04-11] - Petition expired (no extension granted by embassy in JA)

[05-17-11] - Petition returned to USCIS

[08-01-11] - 2nd I-129 petition filed

[08-10-11] - NOA1 notice received

[01-17-12] - RFE (IMBRA limitations on #of petitions)

[01-19-12] - Sent request for IMBRA -I-129F waiver

[01-31-12] - NOA2 approved

[02-27-12] - Packet 3 Received (DS-230 Scanned and emailed)

[03-05-12] - Packet 4 Received w/interview date

[03-23-12] - Interview in JA - Approved!!! [/font]

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.