shakermaker

removing conditions general questions

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, my greencard expires on the 11th Feburary 2011, just want to confirm what i need to send in and when i should send it.

I know i have to send in a check for $545 which includes $80 Biometrics fee, and the form of course.

But im a bit confused about what evidence i need to send in? Im still currently happily married, working, and lived at the same address since i gained my greencard 2 years ago.

Also im going back to the UK with my wife to visit my parents for xmas this year, will this effect the process in anyway? We get back on the 4th of January and my card expires on the 11th of February. Should i send the form and evidence in when i get back from the UK or just before i leave? Im afraid of missing a letter or phone call etc if i send it in too early, also afraid of sending it too late.

Thanks guys.

Hi, my greencard expires on the 11th Feburary 2011, just want to confirm what i need to send in and when i should send it.

I know i have to send in a check for $545 which includes $80 Biometrics fee, and the form of course.

But im a bit confused about what evidence i need to send in? Im still currently happily married, working, and lived at the same address since i gained my greencard 2 years ago.

Also im going back to the UK with my wife to visit my parents for xmas this year, will this effect the process in anyway? We get back on the 4th of January and my card expires on the 11th of February. Should i send the form and evidence in when i get back from the UK or just before i leave? Im afraid of missing a letter or phone call etc if i send it in too early, also afraid of sending it too late.

Thanks guys.

Count back 90 days from FEB 11th and that will be the earliest that you can send it in. As far as the evidences, the guide is very through about what you need to send in. You will most likely get your Biometrics appointment 30 or days after your NOA, so you might want to plan around that..

Hi,

Your GC expires Feb 11, 2011 so your 90 day window opens Nov 13, 2010. We were in a similar situation when we were ready to apply for ROC and we decided to apply after we returned from our trip just to play it safe. However, if you do decided to apply before you leave, make sure there is someone very reliable who can check your mail and notify you immediately when you receive any mail from USCIS. Whatever you do, make sure USCIS doesn't receive it before Nov 13, 2010 because USCIS will consider you ineligible to apply yet and make sure you don't send it after Feb 11, 2011 since they will consider your GC abandoned.

Now, to start with... you can read the I-751 instruction, they have a summary of list of evidence to include.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-751instr.pdf

Also, check this thread, very helpful.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220440-i-751-evidence/

I also recommend you send in a personal check, since when they receive and verify the application, they will deposit it and it will clear in your bank account before you receive your NOA... this will indicate that your application was accepted and your status has been extended for 1 more year.

hope this helps

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.