RoseAndDaniel

Voting in the Philippines

27 posts in this topic

She might be going to meet someone in Cebu...

threemonths09.jpg?t=1272087150Princess-Threemonthsold007-2.jpg?t=1271837591threemonths01-1.jpg?t=1272086957

Our Princess have her first tooth at five months of age.

fEdIm5.png?J2iWLNZY

I-130 (IR-5) Petitions for my Mom and Dad

*06-08-2010---Petition will send on this date???

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Time to ask her to fess up the truth.............. if she is lying to you this early then who knows what other lies she can bring upon you, are you sure her dad is critically ill ?

Hire a PNP Officer and have him do a background search on her, and also have her investigated.

It is suggested to have her investigated a couple of months and make sure everything is on the up and up

Time to ask her to fess up the truth.............. if she is lying to you this early then who knows what other lies she can bring upon you, are you sure her dad is critically ill ?

Word

"IF" she is lying then drop her like a bad habit, But make sure she is.

The country is full of young woman and you can have your pick, don't settle for anyone girl.....

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Hire a PNP Officer and have him do a background search on her, and also have her investigated.

It is suggested to have her investigated a couple of months and make sure everything is on the up and up

Word

"IF" she is lying then drop her like a bad habit, But make sure she is.

The country is full of young woman and you can have your pick, don't settle for anyone girl.....

I agree and what kind of a stupid excuse is that ? that excuse is a winner right there, I've had stupid excuses given to me by my ex Gf's and thats why I call them my EX. She must of been high on something to think of that excuse of having to go to Cebu to vote because thats where she is registered and the Nurses and Doctors really emphasized on this matter. Obviously she will probably have you buy the plane ticket, hotel accommodations and have you send her pocket money, at the end of the day this will set you back a few hundred bucks. For all you know her BF over there told her to tell you this so they can have a good time at your expense.

I agree and what kind of a stupid excuse is that ? that excuse is a winner right there, I've had stupid excuses given to me by my ex Gf's and thats why I call them my EX. She must of been high on something to think of that excuse of having to go to Cebu to vote because thats where she is registered and the Nurses and Doctors really emphasized on this matter. Obviously she will probably have you buy the plane ticket, hotel accommodations and have you send her pocket money, at the end of the day this will set you back a few hundred bucks. For all you know her BF over there told her to tell you this so they can have a good time at your expense.

Proceed with caution....... :whistle:

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Timeline

Well, I appreciate the responses and they definitely answered my question...though some were rather disturbing. And I thought I was a little paranoid...LOL. I appreciate the concern. I entered into a long distance relationship in the Philippines with caution because of some of the things I have read and heard.

Now, I feel it necessary to defend my fiancee since my question didn't include the "rest of the story".

Rose has been caring for her father since he started seeing doctors last August about a large tumor on his neck. The whole family has been through so many ups and downs with this illness. A biopsy in November showed the tumor to be malignant and stage 3 cancer. The doctors refused to operate because of his age and other health issues. I'm already all too familiar with what happens when a biopsy is performed on a malignant tumor and no action is taken.

I was able to visit with her family in October and again this January. My mother and aunt joined me in January and Rose's parents, myself, my mother and my aunt had a wonderful 9 day vacation together visiting Bohol and Cebu. It was the first time her parents had ever left Mindanao and the first time they had ever ridden on an airplane. Her father had a few days that he had to stay at the hotel, but he really showed his true strength by keeping up with all of us when we visited the Chocolate Hills. Never underestimate a lifetime farmer in his seventies...even when he is ill.

Rose has gone out of her way to make me feel comfortable in trusting her. She never touches the money in "our" bank account without asking permission even though she has been told repeatedly that she can access it as needed. She always tries to let me know where she is and she is actually the one who insisted on webcams when we first met. These are only a few of the many things she does to earn my trust. I recognize that it works both ways too. My job keeps me out of communication at times and she has to trust that I am where I say I am.

I asked the question because I try to get my facts straight before I get too upset at hearing something so ridiculous. During my last two visits, I have seen and heard some outrageous things...some factual and some not. That's why I wanted to ask the VJ community first...I figured there were people on here who knew for sure. Rose said some of the nurses had relatives that were married to "white men" and told her it was necessary and important for her to vote if she wanted a Visa. Who knows why they would tell her this. A doctor once told her to stop dressing her father's wound because she was menstruating. I went ballistic over that one...she wouldn't let me talk to the doctor.

Rose just wants everything to go smoothly with the Visa process and I'm sure she is worried about something messing up the process.

Sadly, her father passed away on Saturday at 7pm their time. Because of my work, I wasn't able to find out about it or call her until almost 1:30pm the next day. She will be travelling back to their farm for the burial and she will be there for 9 days. Unfortunately, I will probably have no communication with her there because the cell signal comes and goes and they have no electricity. One of their neighbors has a generator and will allow them to charge their phone for a fee. I have only been able to sometimes get a text through when she visits the farm. It will be a long 9 days. I know it's easy to let your mind run away and draw some wild conclusions...but I find it a little easier knowing the history leading up to all of this.

As a side note, I will arrive in the Philippines on May 20th. They bury her father on May 19th. We will meet up on May 21st. It's going to be an interesting trip because I was supposed to stay with the family and help her take care of her father during this visit. Now I'm not sure what we will be doing or where we will go.

Thanks.

Timeline

Well, I appreciate the responses and they definitely answered my question...though some were rather disturbing. And I thought I was a little paranoid...LOL. I appreciate the concern. I entered into a long distance relationship in the Philippines with caution because of some of the things I have read and heard.

Now, I feel it necessary to defend my fiancee since my question didn't include the "rest of the story".

Rose has been caring for her father since he started seeing doctors last August about a large tumor on his neck. The whole family has been through so many ups and downs with this illness. A biopsy in November showed the tumor to be malignant and stage 3 cancer. The doctors refused to operate because of his age and other health issues. I'm already all too familiar with what happens when a biopsy is performed on a malignant tumor and no action is taken.

I was able to visit with her family in October and again this January. My mother and aunt joined me in January and Rose's parents, myself, my mother and my aunt had a wonderful 9 day vacation together visiting Bohol and Cebu. It was the first time her parents had ever left Mindanao and the first time they had ever ridden on an airplane. Her father had a few days that he had to stay at the hotel, but he really showed his true strength by keeping up with all of us when we visited the Chocolate Hills. Never underestimate a lifetime farmer in his seventies...even when he is ill.

Rose has gone out of her way to make me feel comfortable in trusting her. She never touches the money in "our" bank account without asking permission even though she has been told repeatedly that she can access it as needed. She always tries to let me know where she is and she is actually the one who insisted on webcams when we first met. These are only a few of the many things she does to earn my trust. I recognize that it works both ways too. My job keeps me out of communication at times and she has to trust that I am where I say I am.

I asked the question because I try to get my facts straight before I get too upset at hearing something so ridiculous. During my last two visits, I have seen and heard some outrageous things...some factual and some not. That's why I wanted to ask the VJ community first...I figured there were people on here who knew for sure. Rose said some of the nurses had relatives that were married to "white men" and told her it was necessary and important for her to vote if she wanted a Visa. Who knows why they would tell her this. A doctor once told her to stop dressing her father's wound because she was menstruating. I went ballistic over that one...she wouldn't let me talk to the doctor.

Rose just wants everything to go smoothly with the Visa process and I'm sure she is worried about something messing up the process.

Sadly, her father passed away on Saturday at 7pm their time. Because of my work, I wasn't able to find out about it or call her until almost 1:30pm the next day. She will be travelling back to their farm for the burial and she will be there for 9 days. Unfortunately, I will probably have no communication with her there because the cell signal comes and goes and they have no electricity. One of their neighbors has a generator and will allow them to charge their phone for a fee. I have only been able to sometimes get a text through when she visits the farm. It will be a long 9 days. I know it's easy to let your mind run away and draw some wild conclusions...but I find it a little easier knowing the history leading up to all of this.

As a side note, I will arrive in the Philippines on May 20th. They bury her father on May 19th. We will meet up on May 21st. It's going to be an interesting trip because I was supposed to stay with the family and help her take care of her father during this visit. Now I'm not sure what we will be doing or where we will go.

Thanks.

I meant to offense to you if I offended you, I was just giving my 2 cents. Sorry to see the father passed away, my condolences.

Timeline

hello guys,!! some of us were rigth. voting is not a requirements of k1 visa. in my case before, i only need the voters affidavet or voters id... that is why i go in comelec and reactivated my name in their. there are 4 elections i missed up..but the US embassy manila never ask about voting matter...

It is always best to not jump into conclusion if the information provided is limited.

There are four things you cannot recover:

The stone after the throw.

The word after it's said.

The occasion after it's lost.

The time after it's gone.

May your fiancee's father rest in peace, Daniel rose.gifrose.gifrose.gif

Edited by Pinay Wife

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee is very worried about the upcoming election. She is in the Mindanao province taking care of her father who is critically ill. She must travel to Cebu to vote because that is where she is registered. She does not want to leave her father (he might not make it through the weekend) but the nurses at the hospital told her that it is very important for her to vote if she wants to get her K-1 Visa later. They have stressed this so much to her that she is adamant in leaving on Sunday to travel to Cebu just so she can vote on Monday.

I told her not to go. I told her I am sure that the government agencies issuing the K-1 Visa will understand her need to care for her father instead of voting.

Am I wrong? I cannot understand why voting would be that important towards her getting her K-1 Visa.

Can someone please tell me something that I can pass on to her soon?

Thank you.

Daniel

i didn't vote during the 2004 Elections and I got my K1 visa in January 2005

11/05/09 - Sent I-130 for mother via snail mail

11/13/09 - Received NOA1

03/05/10 - Received NOA2

03/11/10 - Case entered into NVC system, MNL case # assigned

03/18/10 - Sent DS3032 via E-mail

03/24/10 - DS3032 entered into NVC system

03/25/10 - Received IV Fee bill by E-mail, PAID both IV and AOS Fees on-line

03/26/10 - AOS Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for 2009 Tax Transcript from IRS)

03/29/10 - IV Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for mother's documents from the Philippines)

04/09/10 - Sent AOS Package by snail mail

04/12/10 - NVC received AOS package

04/19/10 - Sent IV Package by snail mail

04/21/10 - NVC received IV package

04/28/10 - AOS accepted (received checklist re:IV package even if NVC received it already)

05/03/10 - Sign In FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

05/05/10 - AVR message: "CASE COMPLETED ON 05/04/10"

05/12/10 - Received interview letter via e-mail

05/17-18/10 - Medical Exam

06/16/10 - Interview Appointment @ the Embassy (Canceled because of sputum and culture test, 2 months waiting)

08/05/10 - New Interview Appointment

08/07/10 - Visa delivered 2 days after interview

08/27/10 - LAX P.O.E.

Timeline

Hi,

Even once I never vote in the Philippines because of personal circumstances during elections including presidential..It didn't raised any problems on my process,in fact I am now here in the US for almost a year next month..

She will be fine!! :thumbs:

September whole month of conversation

October 04,2008 - Went to see me in person in the Phils.

October 12,2008 - He proposed to me :D

October 15,2008 - My baby went back to US :(

November 15,2008- Sent K-1 petition

November 24,20008 -NO1

December 17,2008 - Second visit of my baby to Phils.

Jan.02,2009 - Baby went home to US again :(

February 25,2009 - NO2

March 13,2009 - Early medical (failed) :(

March 25-27,2009 - Sputum test

March 31,2009 -Smear negative (thanks God) :D

May 27,2009 - Culture results NEGATIVE :D

May 28,2009 - Interview (PASSED)

May 30,2009 - My baby arrived in the Phils. to bring me back with him to US :D

June 10,2009 - Flight to US, POE Chicago

July 08,2009 - Happily married :D

July 31,2009 -Sent AOS

August 06,2009 - NO1

September 14,2009 - Biometrics taken

September 21,2009 - EAD Production Ordered :)

September 28,2009 - EAD Card Received

October 14,2009 - Green Card (touched)

December 22,2009 - Mailed RFE

January 4,2010 - NO RFE YET :(

January 11,2010 - Received RFE mail from USCIS

January 23,2010 - RFE response mailed

January 27,2010 - USCIS resumed processing

January 28,2010 - Touched

February 02,2010 - Card Production Ordered

February 08,2010 - Green Card received!! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.