J and O

Medical and Interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am a little confused...and want to know if these steps are correct.

1. I can call NVC to find out if packet has been forwarded by DHL to Manila.

2. This takes about 3 days...and do I or Olive call Manila to find out if it has arrived?

3. About 3 days after we know Manila has received packet does she call to make medical and interview appt or do I call?

4. CFO meeting, how is that scheduled. Is it before interview or after interview. I have read somewhere that they stamp the passport and I thought I had read somewhere that the passport is keep after the interview. If so how does she get the passport back?

Thank you.

9/11/09 Met online

2/6/10 Met in Philippines

2/6/10 through 2/17/10 Together in Angeles and Manila

2/17/10 Returned back to states

2/22/10 Mailed in K1F VISA

3/1/10 VISA Packet Received California Service Center

3/3/10 Check cashed

3/3/10 Touched

3/6/10 NOA1 received

4/21/10 NOA2 mailed (54 days)

4/27/10 NAO2 copy received

4/29/10 Petition send to U.S. Embassy Manila

5/3/10 NVC (Hardcopy) letter received dated April 29, 2010

5/7/10 Olive received letter from Embassy

6/15 & 16/10 Medical Exam at St. Lukes Manila

6/15 Completed day 1 of medical will return in July for day 2

7/1 Appointment for passport renewal Expedited passport

7/16 Passport at DFA

7/19 2nd day of Medical PASSED

7/23 Interview Needs NBI Clearance & CENOMAR with misspelling of her name and then will be approved

7/29 NBI return to Embassy

8/2 CENMAR done should be picked up by Embassy at Pasay on Friday 8/6

8/4 PRISM & CFO completed

8/10 VISA Approved

8/12 VISA Received

8/16 CFO Stamp on Passport

8/18 Arrive PDX Via Tokyo

9/4 Married

1/11 Biometrics

3/10 AOS Interview Portland, OR

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

2. This takes about 3 days...and do I or Olive call Manila to find out if it has arrived?

3. About 3 days after we know Manila has received packet does she call to make medical and interview appt or do I call?

4. CFO meeting, how is that scheduled. Is it before interview or after interview. I have read somewhere that they stamp the passport and I thought I had read somewhere that the passport is keep after the interview. If so how does she get the passport back?

Thank you.

Hi. I'm not Phil, but me and my fiancee have been through most of this.

1. I (USC) called the NVC and found they had sent my packet to Manila.

2. I think I waited a week before calling the USEM. I purchased a pin number and I scheduled fiancee's interview. They sent her an email notification of her interview, which she took to St. Lukes.

3. No appointment necessary for St. Lukes. Takes two days. (search for St. Lukes Walk through or experience).

4. CFO no appointment necessary. Some say you can go before interview, but we will wait until she receives her visa.

You can search the forums for any of these topics and find loads of info. Good luck. :D

I-129f
11-03-2009 I-129F Sent out to VSC via USPS.
11-17-09 Check Cashed.
11-23-2009 NOA-1 Hard copy received.
2-26-2010 NOA-2 on USCIS Dashboard.
03-02-2010 NVC recieved our petition.
03-08-2010 NOA-2 hard copy received
03-08-2010 Snail mail notice from NVC
03-14-2010 Called Manila Embassy and scheduled interview.
03-15-2010 Fiancee going to apply for JP police certificate(race to get before interview).
4-6-2010 Fiancee went for first day at St. Lukes medical (please no sputum test).
4-7-2010 Medical complete all was successful. :D
4-20-2010 Police certificate received.
04-29-2010 Approved!!!
05-5-2010 Visa delivered.
05-7-2010 Cfo seminar complete/sticker received.
05-24-2010 POE Detroit. :D
06-08-2010 Married. :D

AOS
07-27-2010 Packet sent USPS.
08-08-2010 NOA1 I-485,I-765 arrive via usps.
09-?-? Forget the date but EAD and Interview notice received.
10-19-2010 Interview scheduled.
10-19-2010 AOS approved. :D
10-28-2010 Green Card received. :D (nothing to do but live for 2 years :D)

I-751
10-01-2012 Packet sent USPS.

Citizenship oath taken:. 2014-07-18

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can call the NVC to verify they sent your petition to Manila, as well as call the embassy in Manila to verify they received it. The embassy in Manila is supposed to send a notice out the beneficiary, but it is hit and miss. We never even received ours.

Either of you can call.

Once you have a copy of your NOA2, you can call the NVC and get your MNL case number -- if you (the USC) haven't received a letter from the NVC yet. With that in hand (scanned and emailed copy of NOA2 and MNL case number just written down is fine) Olive can simply show up at St. Lukes for her medical. I suggest going very early. My fiancée and I walked over there at 0430 to get in line. Early bird gets the worm. Once the medical was completed, we immediately made our interview appointment for around a week later. Again, don't expect a whole lot of instruction from Manila. Not sure if you've seen this PDF, but it is very helpful -- http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfk1en.pdf

No appointment needed. What happens is she attends the immigration briefing, receives a certificate, and then goes to a separate CFO building to have her passport stamped. For us, we did it in Manila in one day after our visa was granted. Some folks choose to go before their interview, sit through the briefing, and then go back to the CFO after they receive their visa for the stamp. Seems like a waste of a trip to me when you can do it all at once after the fact. One more thing, be sure to have photo copies of both her visa and passport I.D. page. Almost everyone had to run around the corner to make them, so if she does not have them no problem.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes, you can call NVC if they have already forwarded your approved petition to USEM. You should have on hand your fiancee birthdate and your receipt number (something with WAC XXXX...)when you call. You should also when they sent it, if they did and ask for your MNL case #.

Give 1-2 weeks for the approved petition to arrive from NVC to USEM. Then when it arrived at USEM, give it 2-3 days before calling USEM to schedule your interview.

Your fiancee can have her medical even without interview schedule yet as long as she has the MNL case #, which is written on NVC letter. She should bring with her copy of NOA2 and NVC letter along with her passport. It is mostly advised that medical and interview have one week gap. Medical first then interview.

CFO seminar at PRISM can be done before interview, but all she'll get is the yellow certificate, which is the requirement to get the sticker, because she doesn't have the visa yet (assuming this is done before interview). Only photocopies of IDs and NSO birth certificate or passport are needed in CFO seminar. If she has already the visa, she will have to get the sticker and stamping at another place in Quirino.

Thank you.

I hope these help. But others may have more inputs on your queries...

Timeline

January 15, 2010 ---- Sent I-129F to USCIS

January 19, 2010 ---- I-129F received by USCIS

January 20, 2010 ---- Check cashed

January 20, 2010 ---- NOA1

January 26, 2010 ---- Received NOA1 hard copy

February 26, 2010 ---- NOA2

March 1, 2010 ---- Received email from USCIS about the NOA2

March 6, 2010 ---- Received NOA2 hard copy

March 11, 2010 ---- Received NVC letter (hard copy) dated March 6, 2010 in the mail

April 6, 2010 ---- Received USEM letter (hard copy) dated March 18, 2010 in the mail

April 12 & 13, 2010 --- Medical (passed physical exams and given immunizations too)

April 13, 2010 (AM) --- Attended CFO (given the certificate. Will get the Sticker when visa on hand)

April 14, 2010 --- Psyche Evaluation (I was told to call 2-3 days after for the results)

April 19, 2010 --- Called St. Luke's for the results (I passed the evaluation. No more tests)

April 22, 2010 --- Went back to Manila to get my medical results from SLEC (took almost 6 hours just waiting for the release!)

April 26, 2010 (7:00 A.M.)---- Interview Schedule (I got not pink nor blue slip, but a Reverification Form for NSO to send directly to USEM my CENOMAR and Annotated Marriage Certificate, although I have submitted and given these to the Consul during the interview, so why? I don't know! And told me that as soon as NSO forwarded the requested documents, visa will be delivered. Oh well...)

April 27, 2010 ---- Went home

April 28, 2010 ---- Ordered online the documents USEM requested

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I missed your last question --

Her passport will be kept by St. Lukes following a successful medical exam, after which they deliver it to the embassy for the interview. When the visa is granted, the embassy will ship her passport and immigration packet to her home of record.

If you read about scheduling your interview appointment (and doing medical, for that matter) you might get confused. The instructions are a little baffling, and contradict themselves. Don't over-think it.

As I said, once you have your NOA2 in hand and can get your MNL case number from the NVC, Olive is good to go to knock out her medical. Once that is complete, you guys can schedule your interview appointment using the number in the PDF I linked for you. Once you guys are hopefully approved for the visa, she'll receive her passport (with the visa in it) at home and then she can take care of the final CFO step. It worked like a charm for us.

Some people try to schedule the interview right behind the medical with their fingers crossed that they'll be cleared by St. Lukes and can go straight into the interview during the same trip. That might work, and if not you can just reschedule. I guess it depends how far Olive is from Manila, and how difficult it is to travel. For us it was a 2-hour bus trip and the LRT. Not a big deal.

Good luck. If you need any more specifics PM me. More than willing to share what we learned.

17-Jan-10 - Filed K-1

26-Apr-10 - Approved

06-May-10 - Entered POE

24-May-10 - Married

22-Jul-10 - Filed AOS

24-Sep-10 - Biometrics Appointment

18-Nov-10 - Approved

29-Nov-10 - Received Green Card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.