Kevin and

Trespassing on public property

37 posts in this topic

What am I defending? You brought race into this thread, the article has nothing to do with it or crime rates in Baltimore. Why do you want to talk about something that has nothing to do with the actual topic?

The city is a crime cesspool so naturally someone asking for directions are the least of the police officers concerns.

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

The city is a crime cesspool so naturally someone asking for directions are the least of the police officers concerns.

So you're OK with police officers treating people like garbage because they have better things to do?

So you're OK with police officers treating people like garbage because they have better things to do?

Pleeeease. People like you (yes you) provide them with little rights or tools to do their job and you defend those scumbags that plague such cities. Then in a typical Pike fashion, get worked up about a cop misbehaving.

Edited by Booyah!

According to the Internal Revenue Service, the 400 richest American households earned a total of $US138 billion, up from $US105 billion a year earlier. That's an average of $US345 million each, on which they paid a tax rate of just 16.6 per cent.

I'm suspicious about this because of the way the story starts out trying to suggest the only reason these people were arrested was because they got lost, when in reality this arrest is connected to a traffic stop for running a stop sign. Who knows how calm they really were, and how soon into the altercation the fact of their being lost came in. It may well be that there was some inappropriate behaviour from the police, but that they were stopped simply for being in the wrong place is very misleading.

Edited by Madame Cleo

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Pleeeease. People like you (yes you) provide them with little rights or tools to do their job, you defend those scumbags that plague such cities and in a typical Pike fashion, get worked up about a cop misbehaving.

I haven't defended anyone. I just asked you why you seem to think the alleged treatment the people in the article received is somehow justifiable.

I'm suspicious about this because of the way the story starts out trying to suggest the only reason these people were arrested was because they got lost, when in reality this arrest is connected to a traffic stop for running a stop sign. Who knows how calm they really were, and how soon into the altercation the fact of their being lost came in. It may well be that there was some inappropriate behaviour from the police, but that they were stopped simply for being in the wrong place is very misleading.

Then again you may be on to something there. Cops in ghettos do seem to focus on outsiders missing stop signs or speeding; most likely to get out with their lives. No point in doing actual first world grade police work as you will simply be accused of stereotyping, profiling, police state, racist etc etc etc.

These guys were like Irish white. Definitely hate those type up there.

16EMSarrest3.jpg

Edited by Booyah!

Then again you may be on to something there. Cops in ghettos do seem to focus on outsiders missing stop signs or speeding; most likely to get out with their lives. No point in doing actual first world grade police work as you will simply be accused of stereotyping, profiling, police state, racist etc etc etc.

These guys were like Irish white. Definitely hate those type up there.

16EMSarrest3.jpg

What are you talking about? Everyone is capable of responding inappropriately to a traffic stop, many believe these are simply money making ventures.

As to whether 'proper' policing goes on, excuse me? You are sounding a little unhinged BY.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

What are you talking about? Everyone is capable of responding inappropriately to a traffic stop, many believe these are simply money making ventures.

As to whether 'proper' policing goes on, excuse me? You are sounding a little unhinged BY.

You mean like my disingenuous fine in the ghetto. Funny how the police have time to pull radar but not patrol the area.

Policing doesn't occur in those areas because lawyers and ACLU are ready to sue. Hence, these cities having crime levels similar to third world countries. These two people are white - pale white - so no ACLU or NAACP will come to the rescue. Though had they been a minority, this would have made the national news. RACISM! PROFILING!

Go, I know you are itching to report this too as racism and bigotry.

Edited by Booyah!

Timeline

Policing doesn't occur in those areas because lawyers and ACLU are ready to sue. Hence, these cities having crime levels similar to third world countries. These two people are white - pale white - so no ACLU or NAACP will come to the rescue. Though had they been a minority, this would have made the national news. RACISM! PROFILING!

Here you go, BY:

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

You mean like my disingenuous fine in the ghetto. Funny how the police have time to pull radar but not patrol the area.

Go, I know you are itching to report this too as racism and bigotry.

I don't report anything period. I do however expect a moderated forum to be moderated according to the TOS. Racism is specifically targeted. I am not sure about bigotry, it's probably more loosely interpreted but I am glad that there are now more visible signs that those expressing blatantly racist views are subject to the same rigor as those who choose to name call. That is appropriate.

If they were lost in a ghetto, the cops hassled them most likely thinking that they were trolling for drugs.

Would they have stopped them without the traffic violation though?

Edited by Madame Cleo

Here you go, BY:

Funny because you seem to resemble this:

enviromental-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Mate, what country do you live in? Anyone with half a brain that watches 10 minutes of news a night knows if these two had been a minority, the first thing out of their mouth would have been racism allegations. I lost count during the first month I moved here of how many times I read about such accusation. My loathing didn't come out of the blue, it came from people's attitude and direct actions or lack of; like picking up a paint brush, a hammer and nails every now and then.

Edited by Booyah!

They could certainly manufacture a reason.

Too bad. Drug crime is a ####### but I feel sorry for these guys if they are as innocent as they portray themselves to be.

Timeline

Funny because you seem to resemble this:

enviromental-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Mate, what country do you live in? Anyone with half a brain that watches 10 minutes of news a night knows if these two had been a minority, the first thing out of their mouth would have been racism allegations. I lost count during the first month I moved here of how many times I read about such accusation. My loathing didn't come out of the blue, it came from people's attitude and direct actions or lack of; like picking up a paint brush, a hammer and nails every now and then.

You're assuming a great deal about the incident based on limited information. Your desire to believe that doesn't make it true outside of your own preconceived opinion that it is the case.