5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Hi folks,

The only answer I could find to this question was 2.5 years old, so I thought I'd ask again to see if there's any new insight:

We were just married and are planning for file for AOS in the next week or so; however we are planning to move in the next week or so, also. The place we're moving to is a small "mother in law" flat on another property, so it does not receive its own mail, and we need to get a PO Box to have mail delivered to us "securely" (i.e. not into the hands of the owner of the property). We will still have a physical address to put on forms, but can I explain in the cover letter or something that we would like to have mail sent to the PO Box listed? Any thoughts or experiences with this?

Thanks everyone!

Megan

I-129F

6 Nov 2009: NOA1

2 March 2010: NOA2 (116 days)

14 April 2010: Interview (159 days) Approved!!

30 April 2010: Married!

AoS

18 May 2010: NOA1 for AoS, EAD and AP

8 June 2010: Case transferred to CSC

10 June 2010: Biometrics completed

31 July 2010: EAD and AP received!

9 Sept. 2010: RFE email for AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

18 January 2010: Interview - passed! Card production ordered!

Timeline

Anybody?

If no one has any "yeas" or "nays" to say to putting a PO Box, I suppose we'll just include both, ask them to correspond with us using the PO Box, and then report back on how that goes.... But I would appreciate a reply if anyone knows ANYTHING about this...

I-129F

AoS

(RFE for medical. We replied with letter stating that it's not required since done overseas within one year)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I could not remember if there were two sections for address, but I just checked and there isn't. Bit silly, really. I did not use a PO Box, so I can't give you a straight answer....but if you want your address to be the PO box, then put that as your address. The worst that can happen is you get an RFE for not putting a street address.

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Timeline

I could not remember if there were two sections for address, but I just checked and there isn't. Bit silly, really. I did not use a PO Box, so I can't give you a straight answer....but if you want your address to be the PO box, then put that as your address. The worst that can happen is you get an RFE for not putting a street address.

Right on! Thanks for your reply!

I-129F

AoS

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

For what it's worth to anyone:

We hand-wrote both the physical address and PO Box on all our forms (a bit difficult, since they have different zip codes) and then noted in the cover letter that we wish all correspondence to be sent to the PO Box. We received three NOA1s (for AOS, EAD, and AP) in our PO Box last week.

However, the folks at the SSA will NOT send the SS card to a PO Box (and they misspelled both the name of our street and our city *facepalm*).

I hope this info is helpful to somebody!

I-129F

AoS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.