ceresa

Had AOS interview and biometrics - D.O.R.A.

4 posts in this topic

Hey all

Ive had my AOS interview, and had my biometrics, so whats next - do we just sit and wait for my greencard to come through? Is there anything else I need to do? (Ive seen something about getting a stamp in my passport?

Has anyone who has gone through DORA in Dallas had their greencard yet, im just wondering how long it took after their biometrics.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

It looks like it is taking more than 90 days..... check out the dora thread... http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...owtopic=374&hl=

Edited by geordieluvr

05/25/05 Mailed I-129F to TSC

06/08/05 CSC Recv's I-129F per USCIS website (Day14)

06/13/05 Recvd' NOA1 from CSC (Day19)

06/22/05 Petition Approved, NOA2 by email! (Day28)

06/25/05 Peter posts Police Cert Request (Day 31)

06/27/05 Recv'd NOA2 snail mail (Day 33)

06/30/05 NVC Recv'd Petition from CSC (Day 36)

07/06/05 NVC Forwards petition to London (Day 42)

07/09/05 Snail mail from NVC stating they recv'd petition/being forwarded to London (Day 45)

07/15/05 Peter recv's Police Report (Day 51)

07/18/05 Peter recv's packet 3 and schedules medical (Day 54)

07/25/05 Mail Packet 3!!! (Day 61)

08/04/05 Medical in Endinburgh (Day 71)

08/06/05 Received Packet 4 (Day 73)

08/10/05 Received medical in post (Day 77)

08/15/05 INTERVIEW IN LONDON APPROVED!!!!! (DAY 82)

11/08/05 He's Home

11/18/05 Wedding Day

D.O.R.A. Time Line

01/05/06 AOS Appointment

02/10/06 Bio metrics letter #1

02/14/06 Boimetrics letter #2

07/03/06 Email Update - Welcome letter is on it's way (5 months and 29 days)

07/05/06 Email Update - GC is ordered and on its way

07/10/06 Email Update - Case was aproved on July 10

07/11/06 2 Greencards arrived in post!!!

02/07/07 Final Greencard arrives...England here we come!

Most places won't give out stamps anymore. They just send you your green cards since it seems that the actal green cards arrive much faster than they did in the "old days". Te stamps used to hold you over until you receive the card.

It seems like there's no real standard time for DORA approvals...I got my approval after 83 days and the actual green card showed up in the mail after 91, and I believe that Smoochies was approved very fast, too.

Unfortunately though, it took a lot of people a long time to get the approval (sometimes longer than 160-170 days), so I can't give you an answer as far as how long it's going to take for sure.

The cool thing about DORA is that if USCIS realizes they can't complete your case within 90 days, they will send you a letter on the 70th day or so, with an appointment to go and apply for EAD and AP, and receive them on the spot. Until you receive that letter though (if you receive it) you just have to sit back and wait (I know it's SOOO hard!!! :whistle: ).

Anyway, as geordieluvr said, check out our DORA thread, it's pretty interesting...DORA rocks! :thumbs:

GOOD LUCK! (F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.