fiffjtw24

Police Certificate(Pasado Judicial)??? COLOMBIA

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello to all,

I am sending the DS-230 package to NVC tomorrow, but I want to make 100% sure I have the correct Pasado Judicial. My wife and I went to DAS in Ctgena and all they did was print out a copy of the Certificado Judicial from the computer. It has Codigo de Verificacion and says No Registra Antecedentes. It is just 1 page copy and it not Notarized or have a certified/official stamp on it. I just want to make sure that this is the correct one that I am suppose to have and nothing more.???

Also, I applied for the DAS Certificate(certificado de movimientos migratorios) that shows your entry/exit to/from Colombia. Do we need to send this to NVC or can we just take this to the interview in Bogota with us.

Thanks to all for your help!! Muchas Gracias...

11-10-09

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello there! That is the correct Pasado Judicial, turns out all they are giving now is that printed copy; so that means you guys are good to go. By the way you DO NOT need to send it with the DS230 neither the Certificado de Movimientos Migratorios.

Best luck with all the process. You take care :)

Fey :star:

We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find.

Timeline

Wow,, thanks so much Fey.. that makes us both feel better.

By the way, we did not get any of our documents from Colombia (marriage, birth, etc.) translated into English because since the interview will be in Bogota then no need. But, do you know if we need to translate these documents to English for NVC. Just want to make sure...

Thank you so much for your help and take care!!

11-10-09

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

By the way, we did not get any of our documents from Colombia (marriage, birth, etc.) translated into English because since the interview will be in Bogota then no need. But, do you know if we need to translate these documents to English for NVC. Just want to make sure...

Hola, somos nuevos en la paguina y no hemos encontrado muchas parejas que esten haciendo este proceso y nos gustaria mucho poder intercambiar informacion con ustedes, ya que estan muy adelantados, de antemano felicidades, ya estan muy cerca, nostros aun estamos en uscis, en evaluacion inicial, con mucha fe, de que pronto buenas noticias nos alegraran.

Mike y Angelica

Hola, somos nuevos en la paguina y no hemos encontrado muchas parejas que esten haciendo este proceso y nos gustaria mucho poder intercambiar informacion con ustedes, ya que estan muy adelantados, de antemano felicidades, ya estan muy cerca, nostros aun estamos en uscis, en evaluacion inicial, con mucha fe, de que pronto buenas noticias nos alegraran.

Mike y Angelica

Hola Mike y Angelica les recomiendo irse al foro de colombianos con visa k1 , alli encontraran toda la informcacion que estan buncando

Bendiciones :thumbs::thumbs:

Irjas! sanrio80.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

No, they won't need to be translated when you send them to the NVC.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3195.html

According to the DOS web site (link above), these are the only requirements:

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made, must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that states that the:

* Translation is accurate, and

* Translator is competent to translate.

Diana

Edited by Mononoke28

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Mike y Angelica

OK. no problem. we can help you as much as we can.. Good Luck!!

11-10-09

Timeline

Hello to all,

I am sending the DS-230 package to NVC tomorrow, but I want to make 100% sure I have the correct Pasado Judicial. My wife and I went to DAS in Ctgena and all they did was print out a copy of the Certificado Judicial from the computer. It has Codigo de Verificacion and says No Registra Antecedentes. It is just 1 page copy and it not Notarized or have a certified/official stamp on it. I just want to make sure that this is the correct one that I am suppose to have and nothing more.???

Also, I applied for the DAS Certificate(certificado de movimientos migratorios) that shows your entry/exit to/from Colombia. Do we need to send this to NVC or can we just take this to the interview in Bogota with us.

Thanks to all for your help!! Muchas Gracias...

My fiancee also has a printed document, however it has the stamp and signature of the DAS officer that provided it for her. She got hers in Barranquilla

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Timeline
:thumbs: Edited by MIKE AND FEY

We were given: Two hands to hold. Two legs to walk. Two eyes to see. Two ears to listen. But why only one heart? Because the other was given to someone else. For us to find.

Timeline

Have other people turned their Police Certificate into NVC WITHOUT it being stamped and signed by DAS - and had no RFE.. I got the certificate from DAS but they did not stamp or sign and they told my wife that it was not needed. Thanks..

11-10-09

Timeline

Have other people turned their Police Certificate into NVC WITHOUT it being stamped and signed by DAS - and had no RFE.. I got the certificate from DAS but they did not stamp or sign and they told my wife that it was not needed. Thanks..

11-10-09

• 2 years later...
Timeline

Hello, I just read your post... I was wondering if everything went well for you? Now is Jan 2013 and the only way to get the police certificate is Online. Would you say it will work, Does the NVC accept this document?

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello, I just read your post... I was wondering if everything went well for you? Now is Jan 2013 and the only way to get the police certificate is Online. Would you say it will work, Does the NVC accept this document?

Thank you.

Yes, the NVC will accept it.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

Timeline

Yes, the NVC will accept it.

Diana

Gracias, pero mira que buscando en internet me di cuenta que el ministerio de relaciones exteriores de Colombia ofrece en su website la posibilidad de imprimir un certificado judicial apostillado y se paga directamente online y se recibe por email. No es muy costoso y no seria mucho problema pagar por el pero aun asi el certificado que se saca por el website de la policia es gratis asi que ustedes que me recomiendan?

Gracias nuevamente,

Este es el link de el certificado que emite el ministerio de relaciones exteriores:

https://tramites.cancilleria.gov.co/Ciudadano/certificadoAntecedentes/solicitud.aspx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.