feshusband

Can't read the birth certificate

23 posts in this topic

My wife sent me her birth certificate with the NSO stamp. I can't read it at all. All the words are blurred :angry: Why would they even give this to someone :bonk: I understand screw ups are very common at NSO. I would like to know if my wife has the original from the city where she was born, and we get a statement from NSO saying that this is the best copy (it says that on the document) will that be acceptable? Does anyone have experience with this?

NOA Mailed 12/24/09

NOA 1 received 1/04/10

NOA 2 received e-mail notification 3/2/10

My wife sent me her birth certificate with the NSO stamp. I can't read it at all. All the words are blurred :angry: Why would they even give this to someone :bonk: I understand screw ups are very common at NSO. I would like to know if my wife has the original from the city where she was born, and we get a statement from NSO saying that this is the best copy (it says that on the document) will that be acceptable? Does anyone have experience with this?

hehehe our NSO certificates were all like that but never was a problem w/NVC :yes:

USCIS

09/24/2009: I-30 sent for both parents via USPS EXPRESS

09/28/2009: I-130 RCVD BY USCIS

02/18/2010: Approved

NVC

02/26/2010: Got case #s from NVC via operator

03/05/2010: Registered email addresses & sent DS-3032 via email

03/06/2010: Rcvd DS-3032 confirmation

03/09/2010: Rcvd AOS & IV Fee Bill via email

03/10/2010: Paid AOS Fee Bill online

03/11/2010: AOS Fee Bill shows PAID

03/12/2010: Paid IV Fee Bill online

03/15/2010: IV Fee Bill shows PAID & Sent I-864 via ExpressMail

03/16/2010: Sent DS-230 via ExpressMail

03/17/2010: NVC rcvd I-864

03/18/2010: NVC rcvd DS-230

03/22/2010: NVC has I-864 & DS-230 on file per AVR

03/30/2010: Sign in failed!

03/31/2010: Case Completed per AVR

04/13/2010: Got interview date via NVC operator & Rcvd appointment letter via email

04/19/2010: Case forwarded to USEM Manila per AVR

04/22/2010: Case rcvd by embassy

05/21/2010: Interview - USEM Manila@8:30am MOVED UP TO MAY 4TH@7AM!!!<--APPROVED!

05/18/2010: Visa in hand(delivered by Air21@8:05am)

05/19/2010: Obtained CFO stickers w/o apperance or seminar

05/22/2010: POE Honolulu, Hawaii =)

f3bc892a3fc877a78c24e70ffd1873c2.jpg

So the BC is on the special NSO security paper? I know our marriage certificate is a little hard to read, but you can still make everything out.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

My wife sent me her birth certificate with the NSO stamp. I can't read it at all. All the words are blurred mad.gif Why would they even give this to someone headbonk.gif I understand screw ups are very common at NSO. I would like to know if my wife has the original from the city where she was born, and we get a statement from NSO saying that this is the best copy (it says that on the document) will that be acceptable? Does anyone have experience with this?

It’s not a screw up my wife’s NSO certificate was hard to read. This happens it’s from the original photocopy and can not be corrected by NSO ask your wife for her baptismal cert. And use both the statement , from NSO, NSO birth cert. and baptismal, or any other documents that can prove and or back-up her birth.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

So the BC is on the special NSO security paper? I know our marriage certificate is a little hard to read, but you can still make everything out.

yeah it is on NSO security paper. But it could be anyone certificate. Not one word is clear :help:

NOA Mailed 12/24/09

NOA 1 received 1/04/10

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello!

In the case when the NSO birth certificate is blurred and not readable, just ask your fiancee to go to the local civil registrar's office of the place/city she was born and ask for a certified true copy (with the dry seal and stamps), and attach it to the NSO birth certificate. Just tell her to ask for 2 to 3 copies, if in case she'll need them in the future.

When I applied for my nursing license, I was told to do this since my NSO birth certificate was not perfectly readable. This also happened to my brother's case. When he applied for a work abroad, he was also told to attach a certified true copy that from the local civil registrar's office.

I hope this helps.

Thank you,

SoPinay

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

my BC was like your wife's BC too. I could hardly read my name and date of birth. I requested for best copy from our City Civil Registrar. And then they forwarded the best copy to NSO.My NSO BC copy now is very very clear. The processing took almost a month. I was given a certified true copy of the best copy from the City Civil Registrar, the same copy sent to NSO. I paid less then 200 pesos at our City Civil Registrar, and delivery fee of 140 pesos (LBC).

Edited by Jimfibi

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

It’s not a screw up my wife’s NSO certificate was hard to read. This happens it’s from the original photocopy and can not be corrected by NSO ask your wife for her baptismal cert. And use both the statement , from NSO, NSO birth cert. and baptismal, or any other documents that can prove and or back-up her birth.

It can actually be corrected, not at NSO though. I had mine corrected. Request for best copy at your wife's local civil registrar.

I learned something in this topic ,so there is " best copy of birth certificate" from local registrar ...VJ pips are the best! :thumbs:

Edited by cherish_berries

We were approved

Love life and life will love you back. Love people and they will love you back.

My wife went to NSO headquarters in Quezon city and paid extra and got a more readable one. I ordered 2 online that came a bit more readable also.

If she's late registered backup the BC with a LOT more.

K1 denied, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption, US citizenship and dual citizenship

!! ALL PAU!

It can actually be corrected, not at NSO though. I had mine corrected. Request for best copy at your wife's local civil registrar.

Is that the any local civil registrar? Or his/her place of birth?

Is that the any local civil registrar? Or his/her place of birth?

Yes they have a local registrar and her home town is not that far. She went to NSO today they told her to get a copy from the local registrar and bring it in.

NOA Mailed 12/24/09

NOA 1 received 1/04/10

"Not at NSO"or not by NSO same thing right?

My wife's BC was also very blurred and for the most part unreadable. You can read parts of it but not much. So we got a a certified letter from the Office of the Municipal Civil Registrar in her province as well just in case. It is called "Form LCR Form No 1A". It is typed, signed by the civil registrar and has an official seal on it as well. It does not replace the NSO BC but it is official. My case has not been approved yet but I don't think there will be any problems. It seems like a lot of old documents are in poor condition.

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Forgot to mention in case you are wondering, the cost was 100 php (about $2)

* Aug 2008...........Initial meeting

* July 2009...........Proposed

* Nov 24, 2009.....Married in Philippines

USCIS PROCESS

* April 11, 2010...I-130 mailed to Chicago LockBox

* April 14, 2010...I-130 package received at CSC

* April 21, 2010...Checks cashed

* April 21, 2010...NOA1

* July 15, 2010....NOA2

NVC PROCESS

* July 26, 2010...Cases received

* July 29, 2010...Received DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill

* July 29, 2010...Returned DS-3032s by Email

* July 29, 2010...Paid AOS Fee Bill online

* Aug 03, 2010...Mailed AOS Package

* Aug 03, 2010...Case complete, forwarded to Embassy

CONSULATE PROCESS

* Aug 09, 2010...Our Nightmare with USEM begins

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM received Package from NVC (verified delivered by DHL tracking number)

* Aug 09, 2010...USEM losses Package.

* Aug 16, 2010...USEM claims case not received from NVC

* Aug 16 through Sept 16...Many phone calls and faxes to try to get embassy straightened out

* Sep 16, 2010...Finally received Interview Appts. (Oct 12, 7:00 am)

* Oct 04-07, 2010...Medical Exams - Passed

* Oct 12, 2010, 07:00 ...Interview --- Approved!

POE and more

* Oct 26, 2010...POE Houston, Texas - Very quick and easy immigration process. No problems.

SSN Received 2 weeks after POE.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.