rising spring

anyone else filed with CIS Ombudsman?

5 posts in this topic

some of you may have read my previous posts about my struggles with my removal of conditions, which i filed in the fall of 2008. most of the information is in my signature.

i contacted my Congresswoman's office about my case and they sent a request to USCIS on my behalf in early March; haven't heard back. i also filed a complaint with CIS Ombudsman around the same time, aka Homeland Security, and finally got a response a few days ago. it isn't much of a response, just a token letter saying their offices have initiated a formal inquiry into my case and that i will be receiving an answer from USCIS within 45 days. sounds unlikely after everything i have been through, i've already received several letters telling me i would get an answer and never got one.

anyhow, i was wondering if anyone else has filed with CIS Ombudsman due to a delay in their removal of conditions? anyone know if this will help or if it is a lost cause?

K1 visa

K1 Visa process took about 1 year, got married on January 13, 2006.

Got my green card on October 5, 2006.

Removal of Conditions

September 15, 2008: I-751 package sent

November 1, 2008: Received NOA

Januar 13, 2009: Biometrics appointment in Buffalo

May 2009: Notice of case transfered to California

August 3, 2009: received RFE letter; sent in evidence 2 weeks later, USCIS confirmed reception

March 03, 2010: Filed form DHS-7001 with CIS Ombudsman, and contacted my local Congresswoman to try to get my case pushed through.

June 5, 2010: Letter from CIS Ombudsman telling me USCIS is not ready for a decision yet. They didn't give me a timeline for when to expect a decision... this is getting worst...

August 2, 2010: Infopass appointment for I-155 stamp in my passport. Agent who helped me is going to get my file from California and process it himself!

August 10, 2010: Email from my Congresswoman's office, USCIS still not ready for a decision, told to wait another 90 days. And email from agent at local office telling me that his request to get my file was denied by California...

I've read of others doing it but got nothing from them. Search the forum as was suggested and see what you can find.

And if you're planning to apply for citizenship when you're eligible, that will 'force' adjudication of the I 751. I'd do that and not sweat the I 751, though perhaps you don't want citizenship.

SA4userbar.jpg

thanks, i did search the forums and it seemed everyone who mentioned it said it was useless, but few people seemed to have actual first hand experience, it was all hearsay.

i do not want to apply for citizenship, so that is not an option for me at this point.

K1 visa

Removal of Conditions

August 3, 2009: received RFE letter; sent in evidence 2 weeks later, USCIS confirmed reception

March 03, 2010: Filed form DHS-7001 with CIS Ombudsman, and contacted my local Congresswoman to try to get my case pushed through.

June 5, 2010: Letter from CIS Ombudsman telling me USCIS is not ready for a decision yet. They didn't give me a timeline for when to expect a decision... this is getting worst...

August 2, 2010: Infopass appointment for I-155 stamp in my passport. Agent who helped me is going to get my file from California and process it himself!

August 10, 2010: Email from my Congresswoman's office, USCIS still not ready for a decision, told to wait another 90 days. And email from agent at local office telling me that his request to get my file was denied by California...

bump...

no one else has input on filing with CIS Ombudsman for a ROC that has already taken more than a year and a half??

K1 visa

Removal of Conditions

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.