martinbr

Coming down the last stretch

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I just recieved notice from NVC about my wife and step child's visa appointment at the Embassy on June 4, 2010. I am getting nervous, since this is only a little over a month away. The weird part is that they sent out the cover notice for my step daughter first. When I called the NVC they said that my wife's visa application is still under review since I had to resend at back on 04/15 because of something that I forgot to fill out.

Now this is making me nervous since the appointment is not that far off. What if they don't get the reviewing process done on my wife's app or even worse, what if they schedule for another day at the embassy than what her daughter is scheduled for? What is the best way to contact the embassy if I have to re-schedule her for another appointment.

Also, I am still out of work. I have been collecting unemployment but still do not have a job. I have a couple interviews coming up but nothing guaranteed. Will they ask for current pay stubs? I just sent in my 2009 taxes which I qualifed easily for the last three years.

Man, I tell you this has been a major strain on myself and my wife. It's going on three years for this journey to get her and my step child over here. I just want this thing to be done.

Also, most likely will not be able to be with her at the interview. I just don't have the funds to fly to Manila. Honestly, I think something is going to get fouled up here. It will be a miracle if this all comes in to place. I pray each day. I just want to be with my wife. I had some major set backs along the way, divorce, recession, jobs, ect.. in which was totaly out of my control. Well, most of it anyway. So I pray....

martinbr

If they arent done with the review and you want to have the interviews on the same day, just call the embassy in manila. I used the $18 pin number, (check out the packet 3 info on the embassy's website) but you can try to get through on the other numbers. I am sure they will accommodate you with same day interviews.

Did the NVC approve your affidavit of support? I am assuming you had a co-sponsor or did you lose your job after the affidavit of support (I-864)? If you dont already have a co-sponsor, you might want to get one lined up and send an updated AOS to your wife before the interview just in case. They didnt ask for my 2009 taxes when my wife did her interview on 15 april, but I did send the 1040 to her (I filled out the AOS in feb so 2009 taxes werent applicable).

It wont matter that you arent able to go to the interview with your wife. Just make sure she has plenty of evidence of an ongoing relationship. they do ask for it. My wife gave them like 5 cards and a small photo album during the interview. I had our skype call log printed along with my phone bills and the past 2 months of bank statements where she was withdrawing money out of an ATM in the PI.

Best of luck you and your wife! Keep the faith, everything will fall into place.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

If they arent done with the review and you want to have the interviews on the same day, just call the embassy in manila. I used the $18 pin number, (check out the packet 3 info on the embassy's website) but you can try to get through on the other numbers. I am sure they will accommodate you with same day interviews.

Did the NVC approve your affidavit of support? I am assuming you had a co-sponsor or did you lose your job after the affidavit of support (I-864)? If you dont already have a co-sponsor, you might want to get one lined up and send an updated AOS to your wife before the interview just in case. They didnt ask for my 2009 taxes when my wife did her interview on 15 april, but I did send the 1040 to her (I filled out the AOS in feb so 2009 taxes werent applicable).

Yes, I was working at the time I sent the I-864 in with a letter from employer. I reall don't know if the letter made any difference, but I sent it in anyway. My 2009 taxes were well over the poverty level. I really don't have anyone that I can use as a joint sponsor. I really don't want to go down that road if I can help it. So from what I understand is that my wife on the day of the interview along with all the supporting documents should bring a copy of my current tax forms for 2009 and hopefully they won't ask for bank accounts since I don't put much money in them because of my ex-wife.

It wont matter that you arent able to go to the interview with your wife. Just make sure she has plenty of evidence of an ongoing relationship. they do ask for it. My wife gave them like 5 cards and a small photo album during the interview. I had our skype call log printed along with my phone bills and the past 2 months of bank statements where she was withdrawing money out of an ATM in the PI.

I have a ton of phone bills to show all the calls I have made. And proof that I was there last August for a month. Lots of photos, ect..

I am just worried about my wifes' visa application review right now. I hope they get this done by May.

Best of luck you and your wife! Keep the faith, everything will fall into place.

Thank you for your support. It's been a long haul...

martinbr

Well the fact that your step child's appointment was scheduled is a good thing I think. I am pretty sure they will try to do both interviews at the same time. It only takes like 3 days for the packages to get to manila from the NVC. As far as the AOS....well, if they dont find problems with it at this point, you should be good. Of course hopefully by the time everything gets approved you will have a steady income. In most cases (unless the medical was done really early on) the visa will be good for 6 months. My wife's is only good for 4 months though since she did the medical 2 months before her interview. I guess all you can do is wait and see what happens. I know it sucks to wait like this...I am going nuts waiting the last few days until my wife is with me. I know the whole visa journey thing is really stressful and draining. Hopefully the end of your guy's journey is near.

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.