bubblesnow

Parents Marriage ... no records at NSO

5 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbee here at VJ and I'm so glad I found this site. I'm a USC and I want to petition my parents from the Philippines. I just find out that there's a problem on my parents marriage certificate. It's so complicated... here's the case. On my birth certificate the info on my parents marriage date was 1956 (parents got married at church) but no records found at NSO. And my parents doesn't have a copy on hand either. So, on 1989 my parents got married again (civil wedding) because for some important reason they need their marriage certificate. If I'm going to send the 1989 married certificate with my I-130. The info would not match on my birth certificate.

Can somebody help me please...!

I'll appreciate all your input...

Kind regards,

bubblesnow

Edited by bubblesnow

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Bubblesnow.

Do you have a hard copy of your parents MC in 1956?

You can go to the local civil registrar on where your parents was married.

Request a copy and tell them that you want to make an NSO copy of the said MC.

They will help you with the procedure on how to obtain one.

If your parents are really married at that time, it should be there.

BTW, did they registered their wedding in 1956?

My Journey

Oct 21,1997: Priority Date F2B

May 25,2009: POE LAX

Aug 29,2009: Wedding in PI

F2A for Wife and Daughter

I-130 Track

Feb 04,2010: I-130 Sent

Feb 07,2010: I-130 Received by USCIS

Feb 12,2010: NOA1

Aug 13,2010: Case Touched

Aug 14,2010: Case Touched

Aug 19,2010: Case Touched

Aug 30,2010: Case Approved

Sept 2,2010: NOA2 Received

Sept 15,2010:NVC assigned Case No.

Sept 22,2010:Received AOS Fee Bill and DS-3032. Paid AOS fee online.

Oct 05, 2010:Paid IV Fee Bill online.

Oct 25, 2010:Send package IV to NVC

Oct 27, 2010:NVC Received Package IV

Oct 28, 2010:Send AOS to NVC

Nov 01, 2010:NVC received AOS

Nov 22, 2010:Case Complete

Interview Date : July 17,2012. Passed Interview.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

my parents had two weddings too, one civil (1973) and one church (1974). On my birth cert. it says 1974, the NSO marriage cert. that my mom got says 1973. I called NVC about this and the operator told me to just write a note about it when I submit the docs for IV package. Im still waiting for the results. :)

but if you can get an NSO certificate for the 1956 wedding then its better.

Edited by andresbonifacio

11/05/09 - Sent I-130 for mother via snail mail

11/13/09 - Received NOA1

03/05/10 - Received NOA2

03/11/10 - Case entered into NVC system, MNL case # assigned

03/18/10 - Sent DS3032 via E-mail

03/24/10 - DS3032 entered into NVC system

03/25/10 - Received IV Fee bill by E-mail, PAID both IV and AOS Fees on-line

03/26/10 - AOS Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for 2009 Tax Transcript from IRS)

03/29/10 - IV Bill showed as PAID (still waiting for mother's documents from the Philippines)

04/09/10 - Sent AOS Package by snail mail

04/12/10 - NVC received AOS package

04/19/10 - Sent IV Package by snail mail

04/21/10 - NVC received IV package

04/28/10 - AOS accepted (received checklist re:IV package even if NVC received it already)

05/03/10 - Sign In FAILED!!!!!!!!!!!

05/05/10 - AVR message: "CASE COMPLETED ON 05/04/10"

05/12/10 - Received interview letter via e-mail

05/17-18/10 - Medical Exam

06/16/10 - Interview Appointment @ the Embassy (Canceled because of sputum and culture test, 2 months waiting)

08/05/10 - New Interview Appointment

08/07/10 - Visa delivered 2 days after interview

08/27/10 - LAX P.O.E.

Hi Bubblesnow.

Do you have a hard copy of your parents MC in 1956?

You can go to the local civil registrar on where your parents was married.

Request a copy and tell them that you want to make an NSO copy of the said MC.

They will help you with the procedure on how to obtain one.

If your parents are really married at that time, it should be there.

BTW, did they registered their wedding in 1956?

Thanks ekto for your reply!

No, I don't have a hard copy of my parents MC in 1956. My sister already went to the NSO and find no records of the said MC. My parents had a church wedding. The procedure before was different. The church Pastor was the one to submit at the church registrar then the registrar was the one to submit it at NSO. My parents recall that there was a typhoon just few days after they got married. So probably my parents MC got lost or damaged the church Pastor didn't informed my parents and he already passed away long time ago. Meaning their wedding in 1956 never got registered.

my parents had two weddings too, one civil (1973) and one church (1974). On my birth cert. it says 1974, the NSO marriage cert. that my mom got says 1973. I called NVC about this and the operator told me to just write a note about it when I submit the docs for IV package. Im still waiting for the results. :)

but if you can get an NSO certificate for the 1956 wedding then its better.

Hi andresbonifacio,

Thanks for your reply!

My sister told me that only the 1989 of our parents wedding had a record at the NSO. And the info on my BC was my parents wedding in 1956. The NSO officer told my sister that if we want to registered the 1956 wedding we have to hired a lawyer and the cost is 20-30 thousands pesos or more.

I was wondering if an affidavit of marriage will work on my case. Any idea?

Good luck you are almost at the finish line!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.