iTuan

I130 after I129F Return to USCIS

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

He got denied in Sept after getting a second interview...

On the day of the second interview. She waited until 5 PM and send home. They said the office required additional processing time.

I came back again and met with the officer who did the 1st interview. he said he will take my case home over the labor day weekend and review it.

10 day after that, they sent my wife the leeter said the case is now close and return to USCIS.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Thanks everyone for replying in here. At least my wife and I don't feel like we are againts the whole world any more. In preparing for dis-proved the reasons of denial, here are the reasons:

When asking for my manager name, my wife does not recall.

Where do I play soccer at? She does not know

Who are do I play with? She did know neither

Any thought? How do I prepare to dis-proved?

You need to be honest with the answers, and tell them she just did not know. I am really and I do mean REALLY bad with names. Tell the truth, those are things that you did not talk about on a regular basis. If her English is not the greatest, then it should be presumable that many things you tell her do not actually soak in. Binh’s English is great, and I can still tell her things and she can’t remember simply because it was spoken in English. I know this sounds strange, but they have to first hear what you say, if English is not their first language then they have to understand what it is you said, and by now they might have forgotten things that you said because she was concentrating on what the meaning of the words were instead of what the words actually were. I would just make sure she knows such things, what you need is a copy of your original timeline, and then one for the new one, if it is in that then you need to make sure she can answer any questions about it. Preparation is the key; the CO would not know about your soccer if it was not in something she brought to the interview, the same with your work, I do not recommend to lie about anything that is asked, but to simply make sure she knows names, places and numbers. Meaning friends, salary numbers, street addresses, employer (supervisor/close working friends), there is no way they will know if she is telling the truth or a lie, so if she does not know make sure she says that she doesn’t know because if she says different things for the same question it is really bad. This is where detail can sink a ship, too much detail gives the CO many more questions to ask, but too little information can also have a undesired affect, it can make your relationship look weak because there is not much to it. Just be prepared this time, and go over your timeline with a fine toothed comb, she should be able to all but recite it to the CO if they asked her to, after all your relationship is real, and this is the story of your love, who would not know such details? Good Luck Jerome and BInh

小學教師 胡志明市,越南

Thanks everyone for replying in here. At least my wife and I don't feel like we are againts the whole world any more. In preparing for dis-proved the reasons of denial, here are the reasons:

When asking for my manager name, my wife does not recall.

Where do I play soccer at? She does not know

Who are do I play with? She did know neither

Any thought? How do I prepare to dis-proved?

Wow, talking about random questions. A team of soccer players consist of at least 11 players (not counting the benchers). If Tuan would of tell his fiancee, I don't think she remember them all. Well plus, we play soccer and why the heck do we tell our wife what's our team-mate names are. It just weird that they expect so much when we live half a globe apart. I wish I can just ask the C.0 a question (WHAT ARE THE NAMES OF YOUR WIFE'S CO-WORKER?). That's consider them living with each other day in/day out.

Well, I would just tell them that you guys never talk about your soccer team. We seldom talk about it so she wouldn't know the names of my teammate. Talk to them how often you played and whether it's a entertainment soccer or that's what you do for a living. That's my $.02.

event.png

Timeline

Also add to that,

She was told before the interview that 'if you don't know then say you don't know and do not guess'

Even I myself do not know the name of the soccer field. I just know how to get there and I often talk to her while driving to the place.

Oh well, that's in the past but for everyone who is going through this, please remember to hire a service. They prepare you for all of these questions. We should had done that but I thought we are for real and those services are not needed.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Also add to that,

She was told before the interview that 'if you don't know then say you don't know and do not guess'

Even I myself do not know the name of the soccer field. I just know how to get there and I often talk to her while driving to the place.

Oh well, that's in the past but for everyone who is going through this, please remember to hire a service. They prepare you for all of these questions. We should had done that but I thought we are for real and those services are not needed.

It's really a hit or miss regarding what questions are asked so even if you hire a service to help you go overnpotential questions the co could always throw you a question you didn't cover...

It's kinda messed up that they asked you about that stuff and tell the beneficiary to say idk instead of guessing and then go and use that against you. How would the co know who is on the team in the first place?! It's ludicris!

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

GENERAL INFO

[*]12-xx-2007 - 1st Trip (6wks) & Met him halfway around the world

[*]03-xx-2008 - Got engaged - two people on opposite sides of the world

[*]05-xx-2008 - 2nd Trip (2wks) - Engagement/Marriage/Consummation

[*]06-12-2008 - Filed I-130 (CR-1) with Vermont Service Center

[*]12-xx-2008 - 3rd Trip (4wks)

[*]06-05-2009 - Interview at 9:00am at HCMC Consulate (result: blue)

[*]07-08-2009 - Submitted RFE: Beneficiary's Relatives & Evidence of Relationship

[*]08-xx-2009 - 4th Trip (4wks)

[*]10-07-2009 - AP 91 days - Result: APPROVED!!

[*]10-31-2009 - POE: Detroit, MI

[*]11-18-2009 - Social Security Card

[*]11-20-2009 - Green Card

[*]01-21-2010 - Driver's License

THE NEXT STEPS...

[*]02/07/2011 - Renew Vietnam Passport

[*]07/30/2011 - Process of Removing Conditions Begins

[*]09/25/2011 - Date of I-751

[*]09/28/2011 - NOA1

[*]10/19/2011 - Biometrics

Timeline

I've heard advice go both ways when it comes to answering questions you don't know. Some people say to just admit you don't know. Others say to make up an answer, since the CO won't know if it's correct.

I remember reading a post about a year ago. I think the interview was in Manila, but I'm not sure. Apparently, the petitioner was at the interview. He wasn't permitted to go to the window during the interview, but he was sitting close enough that he heard everything. His fiancee was cool as a cucumber, and never flinched. She had an answer for every question. When she didn't know, she threw out the first thing that came to her mind. At one point, the CO asked who her fiance's favorite singer was. She blurted out "Elvis Presley". Her fiance couldn't help himself, and started laughing loud enough for the CO to hear. Apparently, he HATES Elvis Presley. She got the visa. The CO never caught on that she was lying about many of the questions, and was just impressed that she seemed to know so much about her fiance.

Phuong and I discussed how she should handle questions she didn't know the answer to. I was of the opinion (and still am) that it's better to give any answer than to say "I don't know". We practiced on this basis. The first time I asked her the name of my supervisor she said "I don't remember his name, but he's younger than you, and you don't see him often because you work at home". To me, an answer like that says a lot more about how much she knows about me than simply saying "I don't know". :blush:

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

iTuan, you have to realize that they are GOD and enjoy f*****g up peoples lives. They have a quota and need to cull the numbers. Soccer whereabouts and players' names are not why she failed. This is so they can justify when they say you do not have valid relationship. Honestly on the next interview they won't ask about players' names it will be something else if they want to fail you. I met another guy in Saigon whose fiance failed because she couldn't describe San Jose, CA very well and the man didn't have any of his family members at the Dam Hoi in their pictures. This is a numbers game and I would advise you to write to each other once a week this is the best proof of contact and save the envelopes also write to your senator and congressman often and save any correspondence they send you. Their goal is to wait you out hoping you will quit and they can wipe their hands clean. This is a simple luck of the draw to get a CO who is in a good mood and liked his coffee.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

iTuan, you have to realize that they are GOD and enjoy f*****g up peoples lives. They have a quota and need to cull the numbers. Soccer whereabouts and players' names are not why she failed. This is so they can justify when they say you do not have valid relationship. Honestly on the next interview they won't ask about players' names it will be something else if they want to fail you. I met another guy in Saigon whose fiance failed because she couldn't describe San Jose, CA very well and the man didn't have any of his family members at the Dam Hoi in their pictures. This is a numbers game and I would advise you to write to each other once a week this is the best proof of contact and save the envelopes also write to your senator and congressman often and save any correspondence they send you. Their goal is to wait you out hoping you will quit and they can wipe their hands clean. This is a simple luck of the draw to get a CO who is in a good mood and liked his coffee.

Agreed 100% Clay!good.gif

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Hello yall,

Thanks for the advise. Just an Update - They got my I-130 on 5-17-2010 and I now waiting for they to approve it.

Also, I just got back from VietNam and it is hot over there. My wife and I took a tour together to Da namg, Hoi An, Hue, and Dong phong nha. It was very nice.

We are planning to have the wedding reception in this coming Sep. Any advise????

Thank you all.

Timeline

Hello yall,

Thanks for the advise. Just an Update - They got my I-130 on 5-17-2010 and I now waiting for they to approve it.

Also, I just got back from VietNam and it is hot over there. My wife and I took a tour together to Da namg, Hoi An, Hue, and Dong phong nha. It was very nice.

We are planning to have the wedding reception in this coming Sep. Any advise????

Thank you all.

That's my wife's neck of the woods! :D

She was talking to her oldest daughter last week. She said that it's about 105 degrees during the day. They were cutting the electricity at 5:00am and not turning it back on until 6:00pm. The 4-star hotels had power, but they have their own generators.

Hoi An is very cool. Nice beaches. They close the streets to motorbikes in the evening, and everyone strolls down the middle of the street to shop. A lot of shops there will make custom clothes for you overnight, and deliver them to your hotel the next day.

I think it was Justin who said that there's nothing to do in Hue except see old tombs and forts. I guess he's not far from wrong. Once you've seen the Citadel, Truong Tien bridge, and the three "ancient" Nguyen dynasty tombs (if you can call 200 years old "ancient" :whistle: ) then you've pretty much seen the entire town. Stay away from Thien Mu pagoda - everyone says it's bad luck for newly engaged or married couples.

Are you planning your reception somewhere in central Vietnam? I know a really nice place in Hue. Five restaurants on the same campus, all designed specifically for dam hoi and wedding receptions. The largest hall will hold 1000 people! There are places all around the grounds designed specifically for photo opportunities. Let me know if you're interested.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

power outages in HaNoi two days running now due to the heat...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

power outages in HaNoi two days running now due to the heat...

Last week there were power outages in Saigon as well, and I did not notice any in Hanoi when I was there Monday through Wednesday this time,(not saying there were none), but for the two years I have been here, every summer and rainy season all across Vietnam they seem to have random power outages due to the heat and rain they even go around trimming all the trees before ever rainy season, and even during other seasons, it is common practice for them to shut off entire districts for a few hours a day, hence all the generators for sale in all the bigger shopping centers

Timeline

We are going to do the reception in home town Saigon. We are doing it on one of the boat from Bach Dang river. I like the boat better then other places that specialize for wedding is that they just too many wedding on the same day and it looks crazy.

The nice thing in VN about the power outages is that people still go on with their everyday business. In fact, more people are out on the street.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.