MrStrain14

USC Birth Certificate

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi all,

Just getting together all relevant documentation in readiness for my eventual K-1 Interview at the London Embassy.

The Embassy website lists birth certificate for the beneficiary as being required, but I can't see any reference to requiring the USC's birth certificate.

In terms of what Simone is sending me from her end, we have Simone's I-134, tax returns, pay stubs, employer letter, copy of passport pages, plus co-sponsor's I-134, tax returns, pay stubs and copy of passport biometrics page. I have double copies of packet 3, copies of the I-129f packet just in case, police certificate + copy, birth certificate + copy, plus various evidence (boarding passes, photos, emails etc). Sorting US Passport photos this week, and of course will take my own passport with me.

Can anyone clarify the BC query for me please, and just confirm if anything else is needed/recommended?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by MrStrain14

See Profile for full K-1 timeline...summary:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

17 Jun 2010 - Interview...APPROVED!

17 Jul 2010 - LHR to ATL. POE: JFK

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

23 Oct 2010 - Filed for AOS, EAD & AP

29 Mar 2011 - APPROVED!!! (2 NOAs for medical info)

04 Apr 2011 - GC In Hand.

Timeline

I'll just get her to send it to me. Better safe than sorry...

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yes, you need her Original Birth Certificate in case the consulate asks to see it. They may not, but they definitely can.

Also you need a NEW letter of intent from the USC Petitioner with original signature. Not faxed or scanned.

Naturalization N-400

Timeline

Ah yes, updated letter. I'm sure she has this but will triple check!

Many thanks, for both bits of info. Much appreciated :thumbs:

11 Jan 10 - I-129f Sent

10 Sep 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.