ally and moh

HELP!

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

Really need some advice from the MENAs here!

I just spoke with an NVC operator about our CR1.

Seems we need a Sharia marriage certificate along with the one I sent from the civil dept and the copy of our marriage contract.

We married at our apartment with only the judge and a couple of friends there to witness.

She said this missing certificate has to do with the religious ceremony... and I am TOTALLY lost!

Van anyone advise?

Timeline

Ally,

I am sorry that you are having a hard time. When I go home this evening, I will check my papers and send you a message back.

Edited by illnevergetthis

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Timeline

OK Ally,

I ran home to pick up the papers.

I have my marriage contract from from the West Amman Sharia'ah Court and my Certificate of Marriage from the Ministry of Interior Civil Status & Passports Department. It has the place of marriage listed.

If these are the same two documents that you have, I would call NVC back and talk to someone else. Maybe they can explain better. I don't know what else it could be.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can do to try to help.

Waiting.....Waiting....waiting....waiting....and more waiting..........

Have him take the certificate to the court. In the court, have him tell them that he needs the certificate signed and stamped. Then he should go have it translated. Then go back to the court to have it stamped again (like notarized). After that, they (in the court) will tell him what to do.

Hope this helps

rose.gif amal rose.gif

ps. these were the words from my husband. it's what he had to do when we got ours.

Edited by amal

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Timeline

They want the marriage CONTRACT. The one that has witnesses and dowry information.

Was it a Muslim ceremony? If so...then during the ceremony at the house you should have signed some doucments. They were in triplicate. Those state the dowry and are signed by witnesses. They need that one. In Arabic atleast and if also available translated. The need the original one. A few days after the ceremony at the house, you husband should have gone to the local Sharia Court or if by wasta judge's house to pick up two of the three originals you signed. One of those was for you and one for your husband. Those are the ones they need. The judge is from the Sharia Court.

The one for the interior ministry was not accepted by NVC for us. They wanted the one I described above. If you send the computer/printed one you will 99.9% get an RFE from the NVC.

oops...just saw you get RFE for the interior ministry one. Sorry. But its' the hand written one they are looking for.

Edited by LRA

"Haters are confused admirers, they can’t be or figure you out so negativity comes out [their] mouth.”

-Chad Ochocinco "85" - WR Cincinnati Bengals

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.