BlueTrap

Mumbai K-1 Visa Approval Rate -- 95%

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

All,

For those of us stuck in the same boat -- all-consuming paranoia and nervousness from the K-1 visa process -- statistics are on our side! While no one can guarantee a successful interview with immediate visa approval, I did a search for visa approval statistics. I posted the official Department of State statistics in the K-1 Visa forum: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/253246-k-1-visa-approval-rate-95/

I also did a VisaJourney search (which I understand is not a representative sample), and it made me feel better: http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/filterlist.php?cfl=

If you search Mumbai K-1 interviews between 1/1/2008 and the present, you will get 40 hits. Of those, you can see 30 visas issued. Of the remaining 10, a few got approved and did not post (but posted their success elsewhere on the site). Others stopped coming to the website (which I assume means they got approved and no longer need VJ support). Only 2 are stuck in 4+ months of AP.

That equates to a 95% approval rate! (Taking out my assumptions, it is still a 85 - 90% approval rating.) The statistics are on our side! Yes, I am an engineer -- can you tell?

While this does not quiet the butterflies in my stomach and heart, it does give my logical brain some relief.

Hope this helps you guys, too!

Blue

Edited by BlueTrap

7/10/2009 -- Proposed!

10/23/2009 -- Mailed I-129F to VSC

10/26/2009 -- VSC Received

10/27/2009 -- NOA1

10/29/2009 -- Check Cashed

03/04/2010 -- NOA2

03/11/2010 -- Left NVC

03/15/2010 -- Mumbai Consulate Received and Mailed Packet 3 (never received)

04/14/2010 -- Returned Packet 3 to Mumbai

04/22/2010 -- Mumbai Mailed Packet 4

05/01/2010 -- Received Packet 4 from Mumbai (why is it so outdated?!)

06/14/2010 -- Interview -- ***APPROVED!!!***

07/22/2010 -- POE @ Washington, DC

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Star's approval bumps our Mumbai approval rate to 97.5% since Jan 2008 -- yes, an optimistic view, but helps the mind relax!

For all of you going to your interviews in India in May and June -- GOOD LUCK! And, please, after your undoubtedly successful interviews and subsequent celebrations, please come back and share details for those of us waiting. Since my fiance will be going to the interview alone, I will try my best to get as many details out of him as possible (but, you know men and details ... hehe ... :yes: )

7/10/2009 -- Proposed!

10/23/2009 -- Mailed I-129F to VSC

10/26/2009 -- VSC Received

10/27/2009 -- NOA1

10/29/2009 -- Check Cashed

03/04/2010 -- NOA2

03/11/2010 -- Left NVC

03/15/2010 -- Mumbai Consulate Received and Mailed Packet 3 (never received)

04/14/2010 -- Returned Packet 3 to Mumbai

04/22/2010 -- Mumbai Mailed Packet 4

05/01/2010 -- Received Packet 4 from Mumbai (why is it so outdated?!)

06/14/2010 -- Interview -- ***APPROVED!!!***

07/22/2010 -- POE @ Washington, DC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.