amaian

Transferred from CSC to USCIS office?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello again,

So, I just received notice that my I485 is being sent back to a USCIS office. The website stated just now:

"The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283.

During this step, USCIS initiates the background checks of the applicant/petitioner and identifies issues that may need to be addressed either during an interview or by asking the applicant/petitioner to submit additional information or documentation. USCIS reviews applicant's/petitioner's criminal history, determines if there are national security concerns that need to be addressed, and reviews the application/petition for fraud indicators.

If you have filed an I-485, I-589, I-751, N-400, I-90, I-821, I-131, I-130 or I-765, you can expect to receive an appointment notice to appear at an Application Support Center to have your fingerprints and/or biometrics taken. The timing of your appointment is determined by the number of applicants ahead of you that also need a biometric appointment. We try to schedule biometric appointments as quickly as possible and in most cases you will receive your appointment notice within 30 days of submitting your application. We will send your appointment notice approximately 14 days ahead of your scheduled appointment. It is important that you keep this appointment. If absolutely necessary, you can request that your appointment be rescheduled however, please be aware that rescheduling may delay the processing of your application. Please follow the instructions on your appointment notice if you need to reschedule."

Not just a week and a half ago I was notified that my application was being forwarded to the California Service Center for "faster processing" according to the letter and now it appears that it's coming back my way???

Is this normal procedure and possibly just getting worked up about something not worth getting worked up about? I just did my Biometric interview on April 4, 2010, and it stated it was for both my EAD and GC...

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Generally when an application is transferred to the local USCIS office it usually means you are probably going to be scheduled for an interview. There really isn't too much cause for concern, just make sure you have your evidence (originals of what you submitted) and whatever else you will have available by the interview date that shows how you two are co-mingling your financial and personal assets the way many married couples do. Be prepared for an interview by knowing the personal details about each other - birth dates, family member names, things like this - normal things that you know through being involved with someone and your home. There is also a chance that the local office will transfer it again back to California and if that happens, you would likely be approved without an interview.

Anyway, that is my take on this situation.

Out of curiousity, what type of evidence did you include with your application?

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Generally when an application is transferred to the local USCIS office it usually means you are probably going to be scheduled for an interview. There really isn't too much cause for concern, just make sure you have your evidence (originals of what you submitted) and whatever else you will have available by the interview date that shows how you two are co-mingling your financial and personal assets the way many married couples do. Be prepared for an interview by knowing the personal details about each other - birth dates, family member names, things like this - normal things that you know through being involved with someone and your home. There is also a chance that the local office will transfer it again back to California and if that happens, you would likely be approved without an interview.

Anyway, that is my take on this situation.

Out of curiousity, what type of evidence did you include with your application?

The only evidence I included was recommended through the AOS guide pinned to the top of this forum, including: Passport, I94, Visa, entry stamps (all copied), both sides of my birth certificate, a certified copy of our marriage license, and copies of tax returns and other supporting documentation for the Affidavit of Support, and my vaccination record which I was given from my medical back in December in Canada (RFE was received and dealt with for that). Any other evidence, such as pictures of the wedding or what not, were not included.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I disagree. I don't think your case was sent back. Did you get the original transfer notice about a week before this one? Figure it takes about 5-7 for California to get you AOS package then they scan it in on their end and it generates the email posted above. Also, check where it says status on the newest email, does it say: Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred. Your case is now pending to the office that it was transferred to (California).

I have got the same emails as you and mine is still in CA.

Don't worry!

=================

K1 Section

=================

Sent I-129F - 03/25/2009

Visa in Hand -11/23/2009

US Entry - 11/26/2009

Wedding - 12/26/2009

=================

AOS Section

=================

AOS, EAD, AP Forms Sent - 01/06/2010

Biometrics - 02/11/2010

EAD/AP Approved - 02/23/2010

--------------------------------

Ceremonial Wedding - 06/17/2010

• 3 months later...
Filed: Timeline

Hello again,

Is this normal procedure and possibly just getting worked up about something not worth getting worked up about? I just did my Biometric interview on April 4, 2010, and it stated it was for both my EAD and GC...

Thanks!

Hello,

I've just received the same update on my case as you did...Is there any news on yours? Just wondering.

Also I've noticed that in my case status USCIS page there are only these circles-steps above the text:

Acceptance - Initial Review - Decision - Post Decision Activity -Card/ Document Production

..do you have the same? There is no "testing and interview" step. hmm..

Edited by timandmasha

You'll receive that notice around 1-2 weeks of your case being transfered, because they have resumed processing. It wasn't transfered back.

692186zjad3k7xja.gif

05/20/10 | Married!

AOS Timeline

06.16.10 | Package received at Chicago Lockbox

06.24.10 | NOA-1 Hard Copies received in the mail

06.28.10 | Biometrics letter received; scheduled for 07/15

07.10.10 | Request for Evidence letter in mail

07.16.10 | Touched: I-485 (RFE accepted, case resumed)

07.22.10 | EAD (I-765) Approved! - day 36

08.05.10 | EAD received!

09.01.10 | AOS Interview in Orlando, FL - Rescheduled

09.22.10 | Rescheduled AOS Interview - day 97 - APPROVED!!

10.02.10 | Green Card received!!

(View my timeline for the complete list)

Miscellaneous Timeline

08.19.10 | Applied for a Social Security Card

08.26.10 | Received Social Security Card in the mail

10.08.10 | Applied for unrestricted SS Card in married name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.