precious.thing

Pre-interview document package problem

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

So I mailed to Turkey my final pre-interview package containing all necessary forms and documents (DS 156, I-134 etc etc etc) last TUESDAY. It was supposed to arrive Last FRIDAY, to its destination ... and now i find that it's still in Tennessee, being held due to cancelled flights cause of the volcanic ashes. Friday they told me that it would be flying today, arriving tomorrow. Today they've told me today flights are still cancelled, so my package is still stuck in Tennessee. Does anybody else know how could I get that package to Turkey, or if there is an alternative way, like faxing all documents to the Ankara embassy. I am afraid this volcanic thing will take forever :wacko: . TALK ABOUT BAD BAD BAD TIMING.

Edited by precious.thing

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Oh, I'm there with you. I just mailed mine today... I am PRAYING with everything in me that mine gets there on time. There are rumors that they are gonna start letting some flights through tomorrow... I sure hope so!

I married my British Husband strictly for financial purposes. My heart wrote a check and I cashed it. (L)

Timeline

I REALLY REALLY HOPE SO ... mine have been stuck for a week now, and im really freaking out :help: . If you really think about it, you havent really seen a problem like this before, where all flights going that way or coming this way are just CANCELLED. This volcanic ashy thing is just on such a massive proportion, it is actually kind of scary, and im beginning to wonder if it wont take weeks or more to clear out.

Timeline

yikes...i'm also sending my packet over this week.

QUESTION: Does anyone know if proof of relationship items go in the packet 3 to Ankara along with the d-156, police report etc??? Or does my fiance bring these items to the interview? or should he have copies of both???

I'd appreciate any advice

thanks!

Timeline

yikes...i'm also sending my packet over this week.

QUESTION: Does anyone know if proof of relationship items go in the packet 3 to Ankara along with the d-156, police report etc??? Or does my fiance bring these items to the interview? or should he have copies of both???

I'd appreciate any advice

thanks!

Hi :) well on the package with the instructions they sent me it said to send everything except his original passport, so I sent the proof of relationship to Ankara. What I did ... I made a copy of the EXACT package I sent to Ankara for my fiance to take with him on his interview day, just to be safe. By the way, I'm still waiting for that package to get to Turkey, one week and a half already ... and it is barely in Paris ... oooooffffff :s

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.