Weatherman

Great and Helpful Forum

1 post in this topic

Thanks to all who provide the information to help those that are following in your footsteps. VJ has been a true friend all along our journey...

I just wanted to share the evidence and the cover letter that I have modified from the generic draft that was posted here. We can file our petition in early June and I have been preparing in advance so we won't have to prepare in a panic, LOL. We are adding in the school stuff to provide some secondary evidence for my step daughter's portion of the petition. I do not intend to attach months and months of banking statements... I'm only going to submit one month's worth. I'm also not including any pictures or affidavits from friends, etc. I don't intend to add in any utility bills (cel fon, cable/internet, electricity), as they are all in my name. I don't want to overwhelm the IO, and I'm actually quite confident that our submission will be good to go. I have failed to update our new address with USCIS and plan to just submit the I-175 without having done so and allowing the petition to serve as address update. I would appreciate any concurring or counter opinions or comments. Thanks again to all for all the great stuff.

Dear USCIS Examiner:

Enclosed please find a JOINT I-751 petition for removal of conditions of permanent resident status regarding my wife, (wife full name), and her daughter, (daughter full name). Please also find a check for $465 + $80 + $80 = $625, the fee for this form and biometrics for both (Wife) and (Daughter). My wife and daughter entered the US on a CR-1 and CR-2 visa on September 6, 2008. We are all happily living together as a loving family and request that this petition be approved for removal of conditions on the residence of my wife (full name) and her daughter, (full name). Upon arrival in the US, we lived in Base Housing aboard (base and address). In March of 2009, (wife) and I Jointly purchased and we moved into our Condominium home at our current address (address).

Enclosed also please find copies of the following documents to verify the status of our bonafide marriage and ongoing family relationship:

• Permanent resident cards of (wife and daughter)

• Passports with stamped entry Visas of (wife and daughter)

• SSN cards for (wife and daughter) (includes the entire original mailed full form with address and actual SSN cards; added primarily as shared address verification)

• Hawaii Driver licenses (two) for (wife) indicating old and current address

• (husband's) Hawaii Driver license indicating current address

• Joint Federal Tax return for 2008 and 2009 Tax transcripts

• Closing documents for our Joint condominium purchase (shows both names)

• Joint claim for Hawaii Tax exemption for our condominium (shows both names)

• Deed for condominium (shows both names)

• (name of condo) condo maintenance fee cleared check from Joint (bank) account (one month only)

• Lease for (base housing address)

• Joint purchase contract for our 2010 (new car) (shows both names)

• (company) Auto insurance policy for our vehicles (shows both names)

• (company) Auto insurance card for our 2010 (new car) (shows both names)

• (husband's) and (wife's) Joint (bank) Banking statement (shows both names) (one month only)

• (Wife's) (company) credit card addressed to (husband) at our condominium (we got her added to the account and a card)

• (husband and wife's) Joint Ameritrade stock brokerage account (shows both names)

• Documents regarding (wife's) Stafford Fed student loan for (name) College

• (wife's) FilAm Phone club account statement

• (wife's) pay statements from her job at (employer) indicating direct deposit to our Joint NFCU account (three including one from each of our two addresses)

• (husband's) (work document) indicating (wife and daughter) as dependents and beneficiaries

• Documents regarding dental insurance and care (wife) received through (husband's) medical/dental insurance

• (company) receipt indicating (wife) as an authorized receiver of home delivery (1)

• (company) receipt indicating (wife) as an authorized receiver of home delivery (2)

• (bank) Share Savings account for (daughter)

• “Kama’aina Kids” afterschool care receipts for (daughter) and cleared check from Joint (bank) account

• DOE (Hawaii) school lunch payment canceled check from Joint (bank) account for (daughter's) lunch

• (name) Elementary PTA membership cards for (husband and wife)

• Easter card for (daughter) from her step grandmother (husband's mom)

You may feel free to inquire at any of the sources of enclosed documentation for validity of their statements, and you are always welcome to visit our home should you ever desire to do so. Please advise me if you have any further questions related to this petition. Thank You!

Sincerely,

signature

Husband full name

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.