Flames9_RN

2010 NHL playoffs

115 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yeah, my husband and I probably spend way to much money going to games. We're thinking about just buying season tickets next year, it would probably be worth it... but I still can't get over the price tag.

But we're totally on the same page with the Sens!! No way!

Ok now your my new best friend lol. Nothing wrong with spending money doing something you both like to do, unfortunately the closest arena for me is 3 hours away for the Capitals, so not any chance on that for us.

Edited by Leafgal

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I can't even get my wife to agree to go to one game..... Could she be a U.S. secret agent or something? She loves basketball, and doesn't like hockey. :lol:

I think it's official that I'm hooked again on hockey. I refused to watch it after the lockout/strike. I went to a couple of games when they first came back, and watched some on t.v. and absolutely hated the rules changes. The games that I saw, they seemed like they were trying to eliminate the physical nature of the game and focus on the style and skill. I can appreciate the artful skill of the game, but I prefer the physical play. I think what I saw was really just the transition from the old style to the new one and the learning curve associated with that. I started watching a bit more around new years, and then the olympics sunk the hook in. I started watching a whole lot more since then. I'm still not at the rapid pitch i was at 5 years ago, but there is still time.

I gave my wife my hockey sweaters when we first met. She wanted something of mine to sleep in during the months that we were apart, so I gave her my kings, blackhawks, and canadiens sweaters. She left them in Ontario. :bonk: Good thing she's going back in two weeks. :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/accused%20murdering%20wife%20over%20Penguins%20Senators%20playoff%20game/2944689/story.html

For the safety and lives of Pennsylvania residents perhaps the Ottawa Senators should just consider stop being awesome...

Its crazy sh!t... pretty unbelievable.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

I'm not sure I'd ever put "awesome" and "Ottawa Senators" in the same sentence :hehe:

(sorry, lifelong leafs fan here... you know how it goes :lol:)

So, the Avs played like complete crapola Thursday night and I'm mad at them. We went to the two home games on Sunday and Tuesday, but I'm debating on weather or not I want to go tonight. They could be eliminated, and I'm not sure If I want to be there to witness that. Then again, they could win and force a game 7... they just have no momentum, plus 3 injured players we could really use. I wish I was feeling more optimistic.

I have a flash seats bid out right now for some really good seats, but it's pretty low. So far nobody has outbid me... so maybe everyone has the same feeling about tonight I do... :lol:

Hopefully they prove me wrong!

I'm watching the Nashville/Chicago game right now. This is a pretty good series!

Timeline

I just came inside and watched the OT in that game. Who would have thought Nashville would be giving Chicago such a head ache!!

As a leafs fan, we all know when it comes to Leafs vocabulary, it isn't used in a positive manner,lol

Had a gal at work fork over $300 for the last caps game!! She is a new hockey fan, and was sooo excited to go, too bad they lost

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I find it hard to just pick a team and cheer for them. I much prefer to watch great hockey! Think I stated that statement last in last yrs play offs,lol but if ur team wins 10-0, sure its nice, but its boring hockey. Pens/Sens game soon tonight and caps/Mtl on monday, ya just never know, not a huge deal to win 2 in a row!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

doesn't seem like they're struggling to me. i mean the only way you guys can get the lead is if we score it for you. sharks needed that. they will go undeafted and win the cup, it is their time. sharks vs caps, sharks win in four. (though i do heart ovechkin)

Timeline

Well, we won two games, and you only scored on yourselves in one of them. Although I'd agree that you probably should have won that one.

We're an 8 seed and have 3 of our best players out with an injury. Half of the team is NHL rookies and sophomores. Nobody thought they'd even make the playoffs and we forced a game 6 on the best team in the conference. I think that's a pretty impressive run.

If the Sharks win the cup, I'll be the first one to say I was wrong. But, I'd be very, very surprised if they did. I'm not seeing Stanley Cup material- too many silly mistakes, and the goal tending is rather inconsistent.

Timeline

I'm happy the Pens beat the Sens. I hate the Sens.. and yes leafs fan here too so you'd never catch me cheering on Ottawa.

I'm in Flyers territory, it really sucks. I hate the Flyers. All the fans here are like rabid dogs... its insane.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

I'm happy the Pens beat the Sens. I hate the Sens.. and yes leafs fan here too so you'd never catch me cheering on Ottawa.

I'm in Flyers territory, it really sucks. I hate the Flyers. All the fans here are like rabid dogs... its insane.

Noooooooooooooooooooo! Crying crying. It was a good last couple games while it lasted. They were so close to winning last night but messed up too much in the 3rd and lost the lead.

and I totally agree with you about Phily, been there. Seen that. I think Flyers and Habs fans are the only ones to trash their own cities after a win or loss.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Couldn't have said it better myself. Although at this point I am still hoping for Montreal if not I may have to jump to the Caps (like that is hard considering they finished 1st overall lol)

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

LOL Random... but for any Glee fans in this thread (amusingly enough, Glee and NHL playoffs don't go together in my head, but apparently in real life they do), in the main pic of this article is Cory Monteith (aka 'Finn' on Glee) in the left of the pic.

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Canucks+eliminate+Kings+look+clear+Round+hurdle/2950447/story.html

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.