slim

Financial Info (prior to interview)

51 posts in this topic

Hey all, like Nick said..... Old forums just too much hassle. Plus, I wanted to get a fresh one going here.

OK, time to prove to good ol' Uncle $am that I make enough money to support my little honey. What should I send, and more specifically, what should I put down on the forms?

I'm broke, paycheck-to-paycheck, and what I love about this Russia forum is that everyone here is a realist and not one of those General Discussion/Off Topic forum dweebs that says "How can you have a good marriage and support an alien fiancee when you can't support yourself?" Well, it's quite simple dweeb.... she's from Russia and has no problem making it on $150 a month, so my piddly little $1500 American paycheck is going to seem like the lottery to her! Shut your mouth!" So, back to topic.

I know I must send the I-134. I don't own any property, have any savings or retirement, or any other assets really. (Maybe a computer and some other household goods (and 2nd Amendment stocks) .... couple grand I suppose) so what should I put on that? Should I put down that I have a couple grand in savings? I could (in theory) have a couple grand (my job has overtime seasonally that when I'm working it, those $1500 paychecks turn into $3500 paychecks, so the money is there sometimes, just not now) So maybe $2000 in savings and $5000 in assets? Something like that?

I'm planning on sending in my 2005 W-2 which confirms that I made over $35,000 last year (lucky I worked that OT... and lucky I got out of the Air Force!) and the letter from my employer. Other than that, what else should I do? I remember Satellite and OKFlyboy saying the bank statement with DEPOSITS ONLY was a good thing to send that way they don't have to see the balance, only that I do make enough money.

So that's:

1. I-134 (stating I have $2000 in savings and $5000 in assets?)

2. 2005 W-2

3. Letter from Employer

4. Bank Statement (past 6-12 months, deposits only?)

Is that enough? What else, and is the I-134 OK? Thanks in advance for any help.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm behind you in the process, but if I were you I would just use the income from the job and screw the rest. Why bother to try and prove the assests/stocks/savings when your job provides more then enough income for them to approve you?

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Is the I-134 even required?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
if I were you I would just use the income from the job and screw the rest. Why bother to try and prove the assests/stocks/savings when your job provides more then enough income for them to approve you?
I concur 100%. Go with the W2, Tax return, employment letter, and I-134. We did just fine based on those things only.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Is the I-134 even required?

I pulled this from the American Embassy Moscow webite on interview requirements......

This is number 10.

Financial documentation from the petitioner may include but is not limited to employment letter for the petitioner with salary information and/or a copy of tax returns (Form 1040) for the last year, bank statement, W-2s. I-134 Affidavit of Support is not required but may be requested by a consular officer.

I provided I-134, 2004 Form 1040 tax return, last 3 years of W-2's, bank statement of last 12 months on bank letterhead, and my salary on employer letterhead.

Natalia said they did take it but it was not discussed.

I know it seems every Embassy does it different but this is straight from Moscow's website. You can always call or e-mail the Embassy too.

Warren

Met in Finland Dec 2001

29 Apr 2005 Met in Dominican Republic 9 days

10 Aug 2005 Mailed I-295F to TSC (case transferred to CSC because of TSC case load)

19 Aug 2005 Met again St Petersburg Russia 10 days

30 Aug 2005 Received NOA 1 from CSC (Dated 17 August)

26 Oct 2005 Received NOA 2 approval via website

09 Nov 2005 Received MOS # from NVC

22 Nov 2005 Application in U.S. Embassy Moscow

22 Dec 2005 Visited Moscow for 12 days

27 Dec 2005 Medical Exam Moscow

28 Dec 2005 Received Medical Results

16 Feb 2006 Interview Scheduled

24 Feb 2006 Received K-1 Visa at DHL Moscow

25 Feb 2006 Arrive in America (Atlanta)

07 Mar 2006 Married!!!!

10 Mar 2006 Applied for Social Security Card

17 Mar 2006 Received SS Card

16 May 2006 Mailed AOS and AP documents to Chicago

05 Jul 2006 Completed Biometrics in New Orleans

22 Aug 2006 She received Driver's License

05 Sep 2006 AOS Interview (Green Card) Scheduled

15 Dec 2006 Sent letter to USCIS requesting status of AOS

02 April 2007 Received Green Card in mail

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Slim, i provided the I-134,bank statements, 2yrs tax returns,letter from employer...everything that was requested...be sure to have telephone records, e-mails, and photo's to prove the relationship is legit. the CO's are different, so it is best IMHO to cover all bases. in my wife's interview, the photo's seemed to be the most important of all...remember, you have 1 shot...IMHO leave nothing to chance...you do not want to waste time gathering additional info after the interview...all will be okay....good luck....Larry

If I submit the I-134, what should I enter for:

Savings, Stocks, Assets, etc.?

Русский форум член.

Timeline
If I submit the I-134, what should I enter for:

Savings, Stocks, Assets, etc.?

You can leave that part blank. For the I-134 in Moscow, I only had 1 tax return (wasn't a problem). You only need 1 tax return for the AOS (I 864) now as well. (you can submit more if you want.)

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Cool! Thanks for the help guys. I'll probably be getting all this together and sent out this week. Only one month away, and with the good reputation of the Russian postal system.... I'd better not delay any more.

Русский форум член.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes Slim you better get on it quick. I have sent a few cards over using regular mail and some took a month while others took a few weeks. I have sent two DHL envelopes and even those took more than a week. Funny thing is that DHL guaranteed 3 or 4 day delivery on their website. When I called them and complained and asked what good was the guarantee the did send me a refund of the entire amount....for both envelopes.

Edited by Neonred

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

It's been hit or miss for us as well.

Sometimes a letter takes a month, and a package takes two weeks. Sometimes the package takes two months, and the letter takes a week. It's a crapshoot at best.

She's still waiting on her packet 3 anyway, (sent to mom's house, instead of her current address.) but with only about a month to go before the interview, I pretty much know what I need to send, so I'm going to go ahead and get it to her now.

These interview dates sure are coming up fast!

Русский форум член.

Timeline

I was able to send a package to Russia with someone who was visiting through some contacts I made in Russia. Maybe you can send it with someone travelling over there soon? *cough*castawaysailer*cough*

K1 Visa Process long ago and far away...

02/09/06 - NOA1 date

12/17/06 - Married!

AOS Process a fading memory...

01/31/07 - Mailed AOS/EAD package for Olga and Anya

06/01/07 - Green card arrived in mail

Removing Conditions

03/02/09 - Mailed I-751 package (CSC)

03/06/09 - Check cashed

03/10/09 - Recieved Olga's NOA1

03/28/09 - Olga did biometrics

05/11/09 - Anya recieved NOA1 (took a call to USCIS to take care of it, oddly, they were helpful)

Timeline
Sometimes a letter takes a month, and a package takes two weeks. Sometimes the package takes two months, and the letter takes a week. It's a crapshoot at best.

I wouldn't trust the regular mail for this. Too much of a pain if there is a problem. While FedEx is a bit pricier, my discount is still pretty good with them. Took 2 business days, the last package I sent. Letters have been running about 2 weeks or more.

2004-08-23: Met in Chicago

2005-10-19: K-1 Interview, Moscow (approved)

2007-02-23: Biometrics

2007-04-11: AOS Interview (Approved)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi Russ......are you sure you only need 1 tax return for AOS.....i thought it was 3 tax returns....just curious as i will soon be ready to send all of the docs for AOS....thanks, Larry

Yep, going to use FedEx for the K-1 docs. Hopefully they'll get there soon.

Thanks again guys.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.