amanda114

time running out for vaccinations

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Hey

So I went to a County Public Health Center to get my vaccinations completed. I decided to get all since it would be extremely time consuming to get a record from my country.

I took in the suggested vaccination form (MMWR Adult Immunization Schedule) to show the nurses what I needed. Basically I got the first dose of the Tentanus, Dipththeria and Pertussis vacine and one dose of the MMR vacine. The nurse told me I didn't need the Varicella because I had already had the chicken pox. I was told to come in 4 weeks time and have another dose of both vacines and then I had to wait another 6-12 months for another dose of the Tentanus, Dipththeria and Pertussis vacine.

My question is how can I wait 6-12 months when I have to get my paper work sent in after I am married?!!! What did other people do? Did you just go to the CS and plea a case with them?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Amanda

If you have to wait, you have to wait. A civil surgeon here in the US can denote that you are in the midst of your course of vaccinations and thus are complying with what is required in order to adjust status once you arrive. At least I think that is what you're asking. I'm not completely following you to be honest.

SA4userbar.jpg

All shots in a vaccine series are not required to be completed prior to AOS.

As long as you have received the age appropriate vaccinations prior to AOS and the minimum time interval between shots has not passed you will be fine.

If the minimum time interval passes prior to AOS then you need to get the next vaccine, otherwise you just get it when it comes due.

If your going back for your 4 week 2nd series you should be good, as long as you have all the age appropriate vacccines covered.

My wife only had the Td vaccine prior to entering the US. She had a series of vaccinations last month at the local health department and is going this week to get the remaining ones.

We will then take the vaccination records to the Civil Surgeon.

Am I making sense?

6/15/2009 Filed I-129F

12/15/2009 Interview (HCMC, VN)

1/16/2010 POE Detroit

3/31/2010 MARRIED !!!

11/20/2010 Filed I-485

12/23/2010 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

12/31/2010 I-485 Transfered to CSC

2/4/2011 Green Card received

1/7/2013 Mailed I-751 package

1/14/2013 I-751 NOA (VSC)

2/07/2013 Biometrics (Buffalo, NY)

Timeline

As long as you have received the age appropriate vaccinations prior to AOS and the minimum time interval between shots has not passed you will be fine.

If the minimum time interval passes prior to AOS then you need to get the next vaccine, otherwise you just get it when it comes due.

If your going back for your 4 week 2nd series you should be good, as long as you have all the age appropriate vacccines covered.

My wife only had the Td vaccine prior to entering the US. She had a series of vaccinations last month at the local health department and is going this week to get the remaining ones.

Am I making sense?

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Timeline

Am I making sense?

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.