276 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

understand, I am really starting to get frustrated. I will call again later today. Yes, I realize I do call them a lot, but it just seems odd that I get so many different answers. As you previously said a lot of these people are not fimilar with the electronic processing. I am going to stay "on them" to ensure that I am fully aware of the entire situation. So what you are saying is "final review" then "case complete" Correct?

Dazed and Confused for sure now.... I think USCIS and NVC got together on "how to confuse a petitioner" and also on the different words used to describe the stage of a petition.

Me ....... Again and again and again.....................

We'll it's Tuesday. I called the NVC at 0710 and was told that the documents are still in "final review". These two words are starting to get to me.. Any help if I ask to talk with a supervisor? Can they get these documents moving faster? or is it a waste of breath...

We'll with all of that being said, I just called. Now I was told that both cases are Completed and we are now awaiting in line for an interview date.. Does this sound correct? Gosh.. this process can drive a person insane.. At least the NVC has more information than USCIS..

But Really... I am glade I called because the operator told me that one case is waiting on another case and then the other case waiting on the other case.. make sense?? we'll It didn't to me either, but then.... So they are going to get another supervisor to ensure all things are done..

Yes, I am going to call again in about one hour and bug the living ####### out of these people.... Let's go folks. Pull your head out of your @$$ !!!

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

If it was really 'case complete' today , then expect 'appointment date set' by this Friday.

errata - suggest you get any supervisor, from this point on, and be adamant about:

1. casefiles married / bound to each other

2. pregnant wife bits

3. appointment date for same day, for the two casefiles.

IMO, that 'line' yer waiting in, is a small one - as GUZ-bound EP cases get special queue for 'appointment date set'.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

If it was really 'case complete' today , then expect 'appointment date set' by this Friday.

errata - suggest you get any supervisor, from this point on, and be adamant about:

1. casefiles married / bound to each other

2. pregnant wife bits

3. appointment date for same day, for the two casefiles.

IMO, that 'line' yer waiting in, is a small one - as GUZ-bound EP cases get special queue for 'appointment date set'.

We'll I called again and this time I spoke with a supervisor, as suggested and it did shed a lot of light on what is happening. It appears that some of the operators where not "reading" the screen and the case notes properly. When I spoke with the supervisor, she told me the stepdaughter name check was completed yesterday and the wife's name check completed today. NOW, the case is set to be sent through the final checks to ensure that everything is done and that there are no missing documents. Once this is completed, NVC will assign a interview date. Now, According to the NVC Supervisor I spoke with, June interviews are set this week and if everything is done this week we will get a interview for June. If not they will get us an interview as soon as possible because US Citizen cases "DO" (as you mentioned) get priority when it comes to interview dates. As a beneficiary of a US Citizen Visa Numbers are always "immediately" avaliable to the beneficiary. Unlike those of permanent residence, which in case there are only limited amount of visa numbers available. Why? Who knows, yet another political decision of the US Government.

So with all of that said, it appears that the normal operator was unable to properly read the notes on the screen. The supervisor told me that there are no issues with the name checks, so as I said previously, cases will be done today, tomorrow at latest.. As you prediciated (close to it) case done 100% this week.

Sure takes a lot to get the right answer. All of this because people are too dam lazy to look at each case note carefully before opening mouth and inserting foot.

Additionally I was told that "Everything" you email to the National visa center gets forwarded to Guangzhou, or any other electronic processing Consulate. She told me that for me to send in all that i did was good because GUZ will see it and she says our case has no issues. So a note for others out there.. DO Front Load !! Even when Electronic Processing... Send more proof, it will be seen at the consulate level.

Thanks for reading..

Dan

Timeline

no, I am speaking specifically of Guangzhou-bound casefiles, using NVC Electronic Processing, to 'get an appointment date'.

Is different queue, different priority, is incomparable to any other country, any other casefile.

Within 4 to 5 days of 'case complete' - appointment date is set.

----

Now, According to the NVC Supervisor I spoke with, June interviews are set this week and if everything is done this week we will get a interview for June is officially the 2nd week of the Month - and NVC sets appointments for MOST of the Consular Posts, during the 2nd week of the month. Since 'this is happening now', IMO, that's what's on the Supervisor's mind, and has no bearing, whatsoever, on your two casefiles - as NVC-EP for Guangzhou absolutely has different queue than 'the rest' who are being handled during 2nd week of the month.

-----

If not they will get us an interview as soon as possible because US Citizen cases "DO" (as you mentioned) get priority when it comes to interview dates. I did not mention this. What I did mention, however, is that Guangzhou-bound NVC-EP casefiles have different priority, different queue. This queue is unlike any other queue at NVC, has nothing to do with 'US Citizen cases' but has everything to do with 'Guanghzou-bound NVC-EP casefile'. Words are important here - so be sure to wade through exactly what yer hearing from the Supervisor.

----

As a beneficiary of a US Citizen Visa Numbers are always "immediately" avaliable to the beneficiary - this is a feature of filing an I-130 for a spouse, with priority date assigned as 'immediate' when the I-130 casefile is received at USCIS.

----

Unlike those of permanent residence, which in case there are only limited amount of visa numbers available. Why? Who knows, yet another political decision of the US Government. Why? It's in the regs, that's why. Nothing Political about it. Permanent Residents who file for family members have lower priority dates, per the regs. Lower Priority Date? You Must Wait until yer priority date becomes 'available'.

----

So with all of that said, it appears that the normal operator was unable to properly read the notes on the screen. I mentioned this, early on. A Normal Operator has 2 issues - a) not very well trained and b) can't see all, minimal level of access on that computer screen.

----

Additionally I was told that "Everything" you email to the National visa center gets forwarded to Guangzhou, or any other electronic processing Consulate. She told me that for me to send in all that i did was good because GUZ will see it and she says our case has no issues. So a note for others out there.. DO Front Load !! Even when Electronic Processing... Send more proof, it will be seen at the consulate level. - I dunno - this is some grey area - I am fan of front-loading on initial I-130 submittal, but, IMO, 'bonafide marriage evidence' gets tossed at NVC, when the casefile is converted to EP case. I'm easily swayed, though, if indeed that's NOT the case.

----

When I spoke with the supervisor, she told me the stepdaughter name check was completed yesterday and the wife's name check completed today - Ah - still with the namechecks. Alrighty then - it ain't over till it's over.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

no, I am speaking specifically of Guangzhou-bound casefiles, using NVC Electronic Processing, to 'get an appointment date'.

Is different queue, different priority, is incomparable to any other country, any other casefile.

Within 4 to 5 days of 'case complete' - appointment date is set.

----

Now, According to the NVC Supervisor I spoke with, June interviews are set this week and if everything is done this week we will get a interview for June is officially the 2nd week of the Month - and NVC sets appointments for MOST of the Consular Posts, during the 2nd week of the month. Since 'this is happening now', IMO, that's what's on the Supervisor's mind, and has no bearing, whatsoever, on your two casefiles - as NVC-EP for Guangzhou absolutely has different queue than 'the rest' who are being handled during 2nd week of the month.

-----

If not they will get us an interview as soon as possible because US Citizen cases "DO" (as you mentioned) get priority when it comes to interview dates. I did not mention this. What I did mention, however, is that Guangzhou-bound NVC-EP casefiles have different priority, different queue. This queue is unlike any other queue at NVC, has nothing to do with 'US Citizen cases' but has everything to do with 'Guanghzou-bound NVC-EP casefile'. Words are important here - so be sure to wade through exactly what yer hearing from the Supervisor.

----

As a beneficiary of a US Citizen Visa Numbers are always "immediately" avaliable to the beneficiary - this is a feature of filing an I-130 for a spouse, with priority date assigned as 'immediate' when the I-130 casefile is received at USCIS.

----

Unlike those of permanent residence, which in case there are only limited amount of visa numbers available. Why? Who knows, yet another political decision of the US Government. Why? It's in the regs, that's why. Nothing Political about it. Permanent Residents who file for family members have lower priority dates, per the regs. Lower Priority Date? You Must Wait until yer priority date becomes 'available'.

----

So with all of that said, it appears that the normal operator was unable to properly read the notes on the screen. I mentioned this, early on. A Normal Operator has 2 issues - a) not very well trained and b) can't see all, minimal level of access on that computer screen.

----

Additionally I was told that "Everything" you email to the National visa center gets forwarded to Guangzhou, or any other electronic processing Consulate. She told me that for me to send in all that i did was good because GUZ will see it and she says our case has no issues. So a note for others out there.. DO Front Load !! Even when Electronic Processing... Send more proof, it will be seen at the consulate level. - I dunno - this is some grey area - I am fan of front-loading on initial I-130 submittal, but, IMO, 'bonafide marriage evidence' gets tossed at NVC, when the casefile is converted to EP case. I'm easily swayed, though, if indeed that's NOT the case.

----

When I spoke with the supervisor, she told me the stepdaughter name check was completed yesterday and the wife's name check completed today - Ah - still with the namechecks. Alrighty then - it ain't over till it's over.

So what I am understand is that regardless of what time of month it is, within 4 - 5 days of our case completion we will get an interview date, correct? So, once all of the name checks are done, (I hope today) we will finally be offically Completed.

As far as the "other" documents that I sent in and she said are forwarded, she told me that they only can see the documents necessary for their part of the processing. But ALL documents received are forwarded to Guangzhou electronically. No Mail here......

Last tidbit, I was told that NVC acutally has two shifts working on cases, unlike USCIS has only one shift. Yet another reason they could be faster.. But I am just babling on.

What an experience. Once I get done I was thinking of writing an entire thread about my entire experience from day I sent in the I-130 to Interview.. Maybe, just maybe it can help others doing this.

Dan

Timeline

So what I am understand is that regardless of what time of month it is, within 4 - 5 days of our case completion we will get an interview date, correct? - Correct - solely because of Guangzhou-bound NVC-EP. Different queue, never mixed in with that '2nd week of the month' crowd. Ever.

Timeline

So what I am understand is that regardless of what time of month it is, within 4 - 5 days of our case completion we will get an interview date, correct? - Correct - solely because of Guangzhou-bound NVC-EP. Different queue, never mixed in with that '2nd week of the month' crowd. Ever.

Thanks as always.. BTW,, You think it would be helpful for me to write up my experience from I-130 submission to this point? Would like to help others also..

I'll call again this afternoon to see what the next person has to say about our case.

Dan

Timeline

Thanks as always.. BTW,, You think it would be helpful for me to write up my experience from I-130 submission to this point? Would like to help others also..

I'll call again this afternoon to see what the next person has to say about our case.

Dan

Called my "friends" at NVC yet again.. Heck they know me by name. At anyrate, as of this afternoon cases are done and now waiting for interview date. :thumbs:

Dan

Timeline

ah?? you gots a 'case complete' on both casefiles? Ya?

Timeline

ah?? you gots a 'case complete' on both casefiles? Ya?

Yes,,Finally but only after talking with the supervisor.. It actually cleared up the case. The guy Brad said, now waiting for a interview date. Then he started up in the dialog.. "Your case can be assigned a interview date in May, we wil... blah ... blah......." had to stop him...

So, how long before date..??? By Friday ???

D-

Timeline

I predict you'll get 'appointment date set' either Saturday or Monday.

Timeline

I predict you'll get 'appointment date set' either Saturday or Monday.

While drinking my latte this morning, I started my daily dialing routine.. As of now still waiting on interview date. "they" said by Firday because they are scheduling Interviews for June now..

Sound right? Now time to get nervous about the interview,,, So what that said. Do you have any words of wisdom about the interview? Do's and Do Not's?

Dan

Timeline

Just received this email:

Dear Sir/Madam:

All documentation necessary to complete the National Visa Center's processing of your case has been received. As soon as an interview date has been scheduled, the applicant, petitioner and attorney (if applicable) will be notified.

The applicant should NOT make any travel arrangements, sell property, or give up employment until the US Embassy or Consulate General has issued a visa.

The US Embassy or Consulate General may require additional documentation at the time of the interview.

Regards,

NVC Document Review Team

National Visa Center

Serco Inc.

Support Contractor

NVCElectronic@state.gov

NOW we are Offically "Case Completed" :D Next email will be interview date. If anyone is filing a CR1 / I-130.. Do Electronic Processing...

Dan

Timeline

that's the official 'case complete' thingie. Yay ! Recheck that email, should be 'inside of it', a date - so compare that date to when you received the email - I'm guessing is some offset in dates. Not a big deal, just some errata .

Edited by Darnell

Timeline

that's the official 'case complete' thingie. Yay ! Recheck that email, should be 'inside of it', a date - so compare that date to when you received the email - I'm guessing is some offset in dates. Not a big deal, just some errata .

Just a note, but as you pointed out earlier.... Yet another contractor. "SERCO INC"

NVC Document Review Team

National Visa Center

Serco Inc.

Support Contractor

NVCElectronic@state.gov

Dan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.