Jump to content

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Filed: Timeline


I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask my inquiries. My sister is a crew in a cruise ship. She has C1D visa and will expire in 5 years. Her contract is every 6 months. When she sign off last month she wanted to visit me here in Pennsylvania but when she asked the immigration officer in Miami, the officer told her that she needs to get a visitors visa. My question is, where can she apply for one? Is it at the US embassy in Manila or she can do it at her port of entry next time she is on her way to the ship. and what are the requirements? I am hoping some of you here has the same experience and can help me. I really hope to see my sister. I would love for her to stay her vacation break here with me than going back to the Philippines where it is very expensive. Just thinking it will be economical for her to stay her vacation here while waiting for her next contract.

Thank you!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vistors visas are applied for and obtained from US embassies. P.O.E's donot issue vistors visas. For information on how to obtain a vistor visa, vist the embassy website, all inclusive information will be there on how to obtain a vistor visa to the US.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...