3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi to all. Were planning to invite my mom to come here in the US for 2 or maybe 2 and a half months for a visit. We have no idea how the B2 visa works. To all filipinas who already experienced to invite their parents here for a visit hope you can guide us guys on what to do. How we can start this process? How long it normally takes? Do we need to fill up any forms? What documents we will need? We are aware about the show money but my worry is that I don't think my mom can have a "ties" to show. Technically speaking my brother bought her a house and lot last 2008, but as far as I know it is under my brother's name since all the payment was taken out from his bank account. My husband and I are planning to send my mom an invitation/sponsorship letter. Is there any form that we need to fill up and send to mom? If there is, where we can get it? We also planning to make an overseas call to US Embassy to get info but I wanna try getting info here first. I am sure a lot of filipinas here have already experienced to invite a family/relative for a visit. Need your help guys. Thanks in advance.

We wanna start the process this month. We are hoping that by August we can get mom. I am pregnant and I want my mom to be here before my delivery which is on Sept. Have a good life to all.

Fate put us together; guided our love ever since. It is our duty to protect, value and treated our love with so much care. LOVE TRULY, DEEPLY and FAIRLY!

K1 VISA JOURNEY 2009 - (relieved finally after 3mos. & 2weeks)

02/12 - Sent I-129F petition to USCIS

02/13 - NOA1

03/25 - NOA2 (APPROVED IN 40DAYS)

04/03 - NVC received, give our case number

04/16 - Consulate received

04/24 - Packet3 received

04/27 - Packet4 received

05/04 - Medical PASSED

05/21 - Interview date - PASSED

05/27 - VISA ON HAND *woot woot

06/01 - CFO seminar @St.Mary's

06/04 - direct flight to Las Vegas through PAL

08/13 - Civil Wedding

09/21 - File I-485, Application to register permanent residence or AOS

10/01 - ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

10/20 - USCIS - Biometrics Appointment

11/03 - Letter - interview date is December 8

12/05 - Catholic Church Wedding

12/08 - Lawyer, husband & I appeared on the Interview - Passed

12/15 - PR Card (Green Card) - Received

Greetings!

You do not need to do anything except guide your mom back home.I am hoping for the best but, it is very important to have a strong ties.

tips: pasted from US EMBASSY ,MANILA

Visitor Visas for Business/Tourism (B-1/B-2)

The vast majority of nonimmigrant visa applications received at the U.S. Embassy in Manila are for tourism or business travel.

B-1 visas are for business, including such things as a need to consult with business associates, negotiate a contract, buy goods or materials, settle an estate, appear in a court trial, and participate in business or professional conventions or conferences; or, where an applicant will be traveling to the United States on behalf of a foreign employer for training or meetings. The individual may not receive payment (except for incidental expenses) from a United States source while on a B-1 visa.

B-2 visas are issued for general pleasure/tourist travel, such as touring, visits to friends and relatives, visits for rest or medical treatment, social or fraternal conventions and conferences, and amateur/unpaid participants in cultural or sports events.

In most instances, consuls will issue a combined B-1/B-2 visa, recognizing that most business travelers may also wish to travel for tourist purposes.

HOW TO APPLY

To apply, please check the Nonimmigrant Visa Application Procedures page. In addition to the basic documentary requirements, as specified on the application procedures Step 1, the interviewing officer may request the following documentation:

1. Evidence of ties and financial status of the applicant, or the applicants parents, if minor, in the Philippines .

2. If the purpose of the travel is for:

Business a letter from the U.S. organization indicating the purpose of the trip, the intended length of stay, and the firms intent to defray costs, if applicable. Applicants traveling on business for a Philippine-based employer should present a letter from the employer outlining the travel and business plans, including dates of travel.

Pleasure documents concerning purpose and length of the trip and ability to cover the costs of the trip.

Personal/domestic employee please refer to the Traveling with Personal/Domestic Employees page for more information.

Medical Cases such as Treatment or Donation of Organ, Bone Marrow, etc. please refer to the Medical Cases page for more information.

Emergency Cases such as:

Visiting an Ailing Family Member an up-to-date statement from a U.S. physician indicating the condition of the patient, including contact information so that, if necessary, the consul may contact the physician.

Attending a Funeral provide a death certificate or other documentation of the family member's death.

3. Proof of travel medical insurance for applicants who might be at risk of requiring medical care while in the United States

Notes:

In certain cases, additional documents may be requested.

All documents must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted, unless specified. The applicant must submit these documents to the interviewing consular officer during the interview. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit does not accept documents before the interview. Any documents received will not bereturned and will be destroyed. Please note, however, that presentation of the documents will not guarantee visa issuance. Applicants must still qualify under INA Section 214(b).

The following documents are not considered helpful:

In general, affidavits of financial support will be of little value to an applicant (exception: a student visa application must have an affidavit of financial support). The affidavit of support is a requirement only for immigrant visas. The interviewing officer is less concerned about how the applicant will be supported during his/her stay in the United States than in whether s/he has reasons to return home.

Letters of invitation (except for business travel).

Purchase of airline ticket. This should not be made until a visa has been issued and the applicant is in receipt of the passport with the visa in it.

Edited by griffin

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks so much for the response. I will tell mom to start gathering the requirements needed, we will give it a try even we do not have any "ties" to show. There's no way that the title of our house be transfered to mom coz my brother and his wife made the property as conjugal although technically the house is for mom. Mom has a multi entry visa in Singapore that is good until 2014, she used to visit my brother and his family in SG. Maybe we can use it as support to proof that she normally visit her children and grand children and she always return in Phils. at the right time.

Greetings!

You do not need to do anything except guide your mom back home.I am hoping for the best but, it is very important to have a strong ties.

tips: pasted from US EMBASSY ,MANILA

Visitor Visas for Business/Tourism (B-1/B-2)

The vast majority of nonimmigrant visa applications received at the U.S. Embassy in Manila are for tourism or business travel.

B-1 visas are for business, including such things as a need to consult with business associates, negotiate a contract, buy goods or materials, settle an estate, appear in a court trial, and participate in business or professional conventions or conferences; or, where an applicant will be traveling to the United States on behalf of a foreign employer for training or meetings. The individual may not receive payment (except for incidental expenses) from a United States source while on a B-1 visa.

B-2 visas are issued for general pleasure/tourist travel, such as touring, visits to friends and relatives, visits for rest or medical treatment, social or fraternal conventions and conferences, and amateur/unpaid participants in cultural or sports events.

In most instances, consuls will issue a combined B-1/B-2 visa, recognizing that most business travelers may also wish to travel for tourist purposes.

HOW TO APPLY

To apply, please check the Nonimmigrant Visa Application Procedures page. In addition to the basic documentary requirements, as specified on the application procedures Step 1, the interviewing officer may request the following documentation:

1. Evidence of ties and financial status of the applicant, or the applicant’s parents, if minor, in the Philippines .

2. If the purpose of the travel is for:

Business – a letter from the U.S. organization indicating the purpose of the trip, the intended length of stay, and the firm’s intent to defray costs, if applicable. Applicants traveling on business for a Philippine-based employer should present a letter from the employer outlining the travel and business plans, including dates of travel.

Pleasure – documents concerning purpose and length of the trip and ability to cover the costs of the trip.

Personal/domestic employee – please refer to the Traveling with Personal/Domestic Employees page for more information.

Medical Cases such as Treatment or Donation of Organ, Bone Marrow, etc. – please refer to the Medical Cases page for more information.

Emergency Cases such as:

Visiting an Ailing Family Member – an up-to-date statement from a U.S. physician indicating the condition of the patient, including contact information so that, if necessary, the consul may contact the physician.

Attending a Funeral – provide a death certificate or other documentation of the family member's death.

3. Proof of travel medical insurance for applicants who might be at risk of requiring medical care while in the United States

Notes:

In certain cases, additional documents may be requested.

All documents must be originals. Photocopies will not be accepted, unless specified. The applicant must submit these documents to the interviewing consular officer during the interview. The Nonimmigrant Visa Unit does not accept documents before the interview. Any documents received will not bereturned and will be destroyed. Please note, however, that presentation of the documents will not guarantee visa issuance. Applicants must still qualify under INA Section 214(b).

The following documents are not considered helpful:

In general, affidavits of financial support will be of little value to an applicant (exception: a student visa application must have an affidavit of financial support). The affidavit of support is a requirement only for immigrant visas. The interviewing officer is less concerned about how the applicant will be supported during his/her stay in the United States than in whether s/he has reasons to return home.

Letters of invitation (except for business travel).

Purchase of airline ticket. This should not be made until a visa has been issued and the applicant is in receipt of the passport with the visa in it.

Fate put us together; guided our love ever since. It is our duty to protect, value and treated our love with so much care. LOVE TRULY, DEEPLY and FAIRLY!

K1 VISA JOURNEY 2009 - (relieved finally after 3mos. & 2weeks)

02/12 - Sent I-129F petition to USCIS

02/13 - NOA1

03/25 - NOA2 (APPROVED IN 40DAYS)

04/03 - NVC received, give our case number

04/16 - Consulate received

04/24 - Packet3 received

04/27 - Packet4 received

05/04 - Medical PASSED

05/21 - Interview date - PASSED

05/27 - VISA ON HAND *woot woot

06/01 - CFO seminar @St.Mary's

06/04 - direct flight to Las Vegas through PAL

08/13 - Civil Wedding

09/21 - File I-485, Application to register permanent residence or AOS

10/01 - ASC Appointment Notice (Biometrics)

10/20 - USCIS - Biometrics Appointment

11/03 - Letter - interview date is December 8

12/05 - Catholic Church Wedding

12/08 - Lawyer, husband & I appeared on the Interview - Passed

12/15 - PR Card (Green Card) - Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.