Veronik

Approved November Filers - The Wait for Interview

651 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Bonjour, hello November filers!

Just thought I'd start a topic for all of us whose petitions were approved and who are now waiting for their P3 and interview.

I'd be awesome if we could all keep each other posted on when we got our P3 (in my case, not yet!), when it was logged, and P4s and interviews!

So, I'll start sharing!

NVC forwarded our file to Montreal on March 24th. Still no P3. Hopefully next week, or I'll call by Thursday. How is calling the DOS like? Long wait?

Well, good luck everyone!

Cheers and Happy Easter!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hello Vero and Chris,

It seems like we are around the same P3 stage. It's really simple calling DOS, I've never really had to wait more then 10 minutes to speak with someone. They weren't able to tell me when my case number arrived at Montreal, but told me my P3 was sent out on the 31st. Same with the NVC they were not able to tell me when my case arrived either, but said they sent my new case number to Montreal on the 24th. I'll have to put in some guess dates in my timeline... :unsure:

It looks like they sent both our approved petitions to Montreal on the same day, so hopefully we will both receive our P3 soon. :D

Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Hi J&J!

Wow you got your NOA2 quick! Good for you! It's awesome, out timeline are pretty similar now, we'll be able to keep each other posted!

I might call on Wednesday if I haven't receive anything yet. I'll let you know how it goes!

Let me know when you do get the P3!

Have a good week!

For our detailed K-1, AOS and ROC journey, see the "about me" page on our profile!

Hey guys! I was a November filer too, at VSC. I got my P3 and sent it back a couple weeks ago. Turns out that Montreal gave a bunch of interview dates on march 17 or 18th, and i sent back my P3 on march 19th i think, missing the batch of interview dates by very close hehe :angry: I guess we'll all have our interview dates at the same time! ;)

Edited by AandB

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Timeline

Hey again!

So this is what I read on a forum somewhere on here two weeks ago: people that had their P3 logged in in February were getting interviews in May. They were saying that if it turns out to be a trend, people that get their P3 logged in in March could get their interview in June and so forth.

Gosh I can't wait!!!

Called DOS today, and they said that my P3 was mailed in late March. So I hope I'll get it this week!

I'll keep you posted!

Cheers! :energy:

Actually, it was january-february-begining of march who got an interview date in the middle of march, and the last date i saw was an interview on May 20th. If we're lucky, we might get some of our interview dates set up for the end of may, and june! :)

event.png

Sounds Great! Wouldn't mind having a June interview :thumbs:

AandB did you have a hard time with the online forms? I'm nervous about it..lol When your finished logging in all your info in the forms do they have a print button to print out ALL the pages plus the conformation page? or should you use your print button from internet explore tab once your finished logging your info in on each page? I heard some people had some problems with printing and I'm hoping I don't have the same problem.

I'm probably worrying for nothing......

For more information on our journey please see our 'About Me' page on our profile!

Timeline

Sounds Great! Wouldn't mind having a June interview :thumbs:

AandB did you have a hard time with the online forms? I'm nervous about it..lol When your finished logging in all your info in the forms do they have a print button to print out ALL the pages plus the conformation page? or should you use your print button from internet explore tab once your finished logging your info in on each page? I heard some people had some problems with printing and I'm hoping I don't have the same problem.

I'm probably worrying for nothing......

Hey ya'll!

J &J: I'm worried about it too!!! Heard so much about people having a hard time with it... Insight on that one needed on my end too!!!

Checked my mail box today....STILL no P3 :clock:

I didn't really have a hard time with the online forms. I got my P3 on march 18th and sent it back on march 19th, just to give you an idea :) It's very not that complicated, they just ask for a lot of informations on all the forms, but from one form to the other it's always the same thing..

For the DS-160, the online one, you need a passport picture already, so you can scan it to your computer and upload it with the form online. I printed every pages one by one but you don't need to do that because you have the option at the complete end to print the form and the confirmation page.

I was worried too about the P3 but with VJ, all the info we got here and the people willing to help it's not that bad, and it looks worst than it really is. I wanted to wait until the next day to start filling the forms, and found myself being almost over with all of this in less than 2 hours the night i got the P3! :thumbs:

Edited by AandB

event.png

I didn't really have a hard time with the online forms. I got my P3 on march 18th and sent it back on march 19th, just to give you an idea :) It's very not that complicated, they just ask for a lot of informations on all the forms, but from one form to the other it's always the same thing..

For the DS-160, the online one, you need a passport picture already, so you can scan it to your computer and upload it with the form online. I printed every pages one by one but you don't need to do that because you have the option at the complete end to print the form and the confirmation page.

I was worried too about the P3 but with VJ, all the info we got here and the people willing to help it's not that bad, and it looks worst than it really is. I wanted to wait until the next day to start filling the forms, and found myself being almost over with all of this in less than 2 hours the night i got the P3! :thumbs:

OH Good Good... Thanks for the reply.. I've been worrying about it. You don't have to have a picture to upload tho do you? I heard some people didn't upload a picture and just took a passport picture with them to the interview??

I couldn't send the online application if i didn't upload the picture. I couldn't have the whole form to print either... I heard some people did too, but i don't know how. Anyways, you go to a walmart or another place where you can have them take an american passport picture, it doesn't take very long, like 5 minutes, and you have the picture. It's better that way, at least you're 100% sure it will work out! ;)

event.png

Timeline

Thanks AandB for the useful info!

I did hear somewhere that some people were able to send the form without the passport picture, but as to how they did it, I'm clueless too.

I got passport pictures done recently and paid extra for them to put one on a CD. So I'll see how it goes when it comes to uploading it. Should be fine though (well, I hope!)

Just with you guys, I feel 10 times better, knowing I'm not alone goint through Montreal! I have a tendency to freak myself out over stupid stuff, so your support is awesome!

I'll keep you posted if I get the P3 tomorrow (knock on wood!)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I couldn't send the online application if i didn't upload the picture. I couldn't have the whole form to print either... I heard some people did too, but i don't know how. Anyways, you go to a walmart or another place where you can have them take an american passport picture, it doesn't take very long, like 5 minutes, and you have the picture. It's better that way, at least you're 100% sure it will work out! wink.gif

Hey there,

Im not a November filer, but I sure am waiting for an interview.

I heard that browsers like firefox only print the first 3 pages. It took me hours to fill in the form ds-160, and had to upgrade Internet Explorer to version 8. It did work in the end, accepted my photo, but I got a lot of error and run-time messages before it did. Save your file often.

At the end, you get the option to print the whole form, print the confirmation page, or email the confirmation page, which I did, just in case. But I think this is your one chance to print the whole form.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.