Liz_Allan

Is there a "Too Soon" for getting the employment letter?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Just checking the various thoughts out here....

Do any of you think now, while we're waiting on NOA2, is too soon to get the employment letters?

I will have to get my dad to co-sponsor and we could probably get that letter in April, but my mom wondered if it would be "too soon" to get it.

Meaning, if we got one now, in April and didn't have our interview until, for instance, June or July, would the consular officer ask us to get a more recent one then? Or does the date not matter on the employment letter?

We're definitely running out of "things to do" as far as papers or documents to get so maybe this could be something we could get now if it's not too soon.

What about those immunization records for my fiance? If he does not have all of his immunizations, is now too soon to get them or should we wait until the embassy sends him the list of places to go for the medical exam?

I guess you can tell we really are out of things to do so it's down to asking these kind of questions.

On a good note, I have found a better paying job so I'll be able to demonstrate a little more income than before. On the bad side, it's still not enough to NOT need a co-sponsor. No worries as my dad is more than ready to be our co-sponsor and that income is more than sufficient to over the 125% guidelines.... (okay only a little worries, as I would feel better if it was ME that made enough without dad's cosponsor help!)

Thanks for being out there, just in case us "newbies" have questions.

Our Timeline

June 13, 2009- We met in Honduras (mission trip for me, school for him)

June-July, 2009- Getting to know each other better via Skype & emails

August 2, 2009- Officially a couple

Dec 2009- Thanks to God, Allan visited USA, speaking at churches

Jan 09, 2010- Engaged!!

Jan 13, 2010- Allan returned to Costa Rica

K-1 TIMELINE

Feb 09, 2010 - I-129F sent I-129F via Express mail to VT center

Feb 11, 2010 - NOA1 approved

May 17, 2010 - Received email that NOA2 was issued! (95 days after NOA1)

May 22, 2010 - Received NOA2 Hard Copy

May 25, 2010 - Packet sent to Costa Rican Embassy

June 07,2010 - Phone call from Embassy, arranged to pick up packet

June 17,2010 - Pick up Packet 3

July 23,2010 - Liz travels to Costa Rica

July 26,2010 - Interview Date (70 days after NOA2- long paper chase in Central America)

July 26,2010 - K-1 Visa APPROVED!!!! Thanks to God!!!! \o/\o/

July 28,2010 - Liz returns to USA

July 29,2010 - Allan picks up Visa

Aug 11,2010 - Allan POE (Denver) NO PROBLEMS, it was easy!

Sept 25,2010 - Wedding Date

3Rj1m5.png

Sept 25-Oct 1 - Honeymoon away

Oct 2, 2010 - Begin honeymoon at home (for the rest of our lives)

AOS TIMELINE

Oct 13, 2010 - AOS & EAD Application Mailed

Oct 14, 2010 - Tracking number shows packet received at Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2010 - Received Electronic Notice of NOA1 for AOS & EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Meaning, if we got one now, in April and didn't have our interview until, for instance, June or July, would the consular officer ask us to get a more recent one then? Or does the date not matter on the employment letter?

We're definitely running out of "things to do" as far as papers or documents to get so maybe this could be something we could get now if it's not too soon.

seeing your timeline, I think is too soon to get the letter, you do not know how long take you get your NOA2.

What about those immunization records for my fiance? If he does not have all of his immunizations, is now too soon to get them or should we wait until the embassy sends him the list of places to go for the medical exam?

I recommend wait until have the NOA2 and he can start with his immunizations, I think that is better if his vaccines are recent to the appointment medical

We can all make a difference. Please recycle

por favor no escribas en mayúsculas sostenidas, eso equivale a GRITAR

crazy-cats.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

seeing your timeline, I think is too soon to get the letter, you do not know how long take you get your NOA2.

I recommend wait until have the NOA2 and he can start with his immunizations, I think that is better if his vaccines are recent to the appointment medical

Agreed on the employment letter. Optimally you will want this within 30 days of the date of the interview. Remember the purpose is to show current employment. Recent pay stubs are also helpful to prove employment and wages.

It does not matter when the vaccines are done. If you PM me with your personal email, I can send you the list I received in May 2009. I don't think the vaccine requirements have changed since then, but you can always call the Embassy and ask them to email you a current list.

K3 Interview 05/20/2009

POE Atlanta 05/26/2009

EAD NOA1 06/01/2009

EAD NOA2 08/2009

I-485 Sent 04/07/2010

I-485 NOA1 04/16/2010

Biometrics 04/28/2010 (assigned appt. date is 5/17/10, but we did an early walk-in with no problems!)

I-485 Interview 09/13/2010 (originally set for July, but had to reschedule, since we were in Europe then)

Waiting on GC to come in the mail!!!

.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.