mark&rhiz

Back Seat Drivers

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi husbands of Filipinas.....Just today, as my wife (Filipina) and I were driving around doing some errands....she said something like..."drive careful....you don't have to drive fast".

I started laughing...and I said....wait a minute....I'm not driving fast...and I am very careful.....you don't even have a license...and I noticed you are becoming a "back seat driver". She said...now that she has read the DMV booklet...she knows. :innocent: ..hahahaha....I then told her...hey, all the times we rode in a bus....on a trike...in a taxi in the phils...and they we driving close, almost hitting people, etc...I never heard you say anything about...slow down, be careful, etc. :lol:

We had a laugh....and I thought it was funny...so I just wonder....is anybody else encountering this behavior...or am I just blessed? :rofl:

I do love her...but I still think it is funny.....my driving is boring and so very safe.....especially compared to the way most people drive in phils.

LOVE of a LIFETIME

i am a back seat driver too...my hubby always tell me that... he is a good driver...doesnt want to be behind to a slow driver..he always wants his way out so he can be ahead of them... he always complain when a driver need to wait and stop when all they need to do is yield.

one time, he while we were driving in a freeway driving maybe more than 60 miles per hour...the car behind us was so close to us so my hubby suddenly stepped on the break...good thing i had my seat belt on or else...thats why i am always a back seat driver because my hubby drives good but crazy.

God bless us all.

The back seat driver is alive in my passenger seat. Seems to have actually got worse with a drivers license. At least it is stuck on "you did not use a turn signal."

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It happened to me too and my husband. When I learned how to drive, I always correct him if he is not driving correctly but I also under him now, how hard to park car because I sucks in parking. LoL. I didn't have my road test yet but soon. I hate also when I am driving, my husband freak out esp when I'm about to stop at red light because he wanted me to stop like 3 meters away from the car in front of me, but I stopped at about 1-2 meters away. I guess it's even because I keep correcting him when he is on the wheels. :whistle:

Lifting Condition (I-751)

09/09/2011 - Sent the package to CSC

09/13/2011 - CSC received the package

09/15/2011 - CSC cashed check and NOA1 Received

09/26/2011 - Biometrics Appointment Notice Date (Sent)

10/13/2011 - Early Biometrics

10/19/2011 - Biometrics Appointment

10/26/2011 - GC expiration

11/25/2011 - Received RFE

11/28/2011 - Sent response to RFE

01/13/2012 - Ordered card production (Approved)

01/19/2012 - 10 yrs GC received

Timeline

Hi husbands of Filipinas.....Just today, as my wife (Filipina) and I were driving around doing some errands....she said something like..."drive careful....you don't have to drive fast".

I started laughing...and I said....wait a minute....I'm not driving fast...and I am very careful.....you don't even have a license...and I noticed you are becoming a "back seat driver". She said...now that she has read the DMV booklet...she knows. :innocent: ..hahahaha....I then told her...hey, all the times we rode in a bus....on a trike...in a taxi in the phils...and they we driving close, almost hitting people, etc...I never heard you say anything about...slow down, be careful, etc. :lol:

We had a laugh....and I thought it was funny...so I just wonder....is anybody else encountering this behavior...or am I just blessed? :rofl:

I do love her...but I still think it is funny.....my driving is boring and so very safe.....especially compared to the way most people drive in phils.

Living in Los Angeles, I'm used to road rage, being cut off, given the bird, you name it, and I myself drive like a bat-out-of hell, but when I went to Manila, my Wife and I were in the back of a Taxi and the guy was talking to us as he was driving but head turn around, and at the same time, motorocycles weaving in and around us, and I'm like praying my #### off wanting him to turn around :o . I think I almost soiled my pants. I thought people in L.A. drove crazy and I could stomach any traffic situation. I can tell my wife is petrified in the passenger seat and does say something about my speed sometimes.

Edited by Mike N Julie

qip3dmkzd14e.png

01/05/12 - Mailed I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions.

01/09/12 - Petiton arrived us VSC.

11/15/12 - Wife Received ten year PR Card.

Timeline

I always kid my honey about what a cute little driver she will be when she gets here and she always replies that she will be a cute little passenger...

my house is in the suburbs and if she wants to go places she will have to learn to drive, public transportation is not an option

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate :

I-129F Sent : 2010-03-09

I-129F Received : 2010-03-11

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-03-12 "touched"

I-129F NOA2 : 2010-04-29 APPROVED!!!!

NOA2 Hard Copy : 2010-05-04

NOA2 Sent to Embassy 2010-05-10

NOA2 Received 2010-05-13 (I hope it is ours anyway)

Packet 3 : 2010-05-20 Received!!!

Packet 4 : 2010-06-29 Received!!!

Interview: 2010-07-20 - APPROVED

Visa On Hand : 2010-07-21 ( Yahoo!!!)

POE - August 20, 2010

AOS,EAD & AP

October 15,2010 Sent AOS,EAD & AP ( Chicago Lockbox)

October 25,2010 - Received Hard Copies of AOS,EAD & AP

October 25, 2010 - Touched

October 27, 2010 - Received Biometric Scheduled ( dated 19.Nov.2010)

November 19, 2010 - Biometric Schedule done

December 09,2011 - Interview Notice Received - schedule on January 20, 2011

December 22,2010 - EAD Approved

December 23,2010 - AP Approved

December 30,2010 - AP Received

December 31,2010 - EAD Card Received

January 20,2011 - interview - Approved - (Exactly my 5 months I landed in US)

January 29,2011 - Green Card Received - (Exactly 1 year that we got engaged)

Living in Los Angeles, I'm used to road rage, being cut off, given the bird, you name it, and I myself drive like a bat-out-of hell, but when I went to Manila, my Wife and I were in the back of a Taxi and the guy was talking to us as he was driving but head turn around, and at the same time, motorocycles weaving in and around us, and I'm like praying my #### off wanting him to turn around :o . I think I almost soiled my pants. I thought people in L.A. drove crazy and I could stomach any traffic situation. I can tell my wife is petrified in the passenger seat and does say something about my speed sometimes.

Hahaha! So true! :lol:

I know people drive crazy in the Philippines...I remember when I was a kid. But coming from the States and driving in the Philippines myself? Damn! Some crazy stuff.

If you can drive in the Philippines (and not get into an accident), you can drive anywhere in the world! :yes:

You really need fast reactions and a heightened sense of awareness.

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

Count me in! Especially when there's a kid at the back, I got nervous but my husband is a good driver maybe just part of being a mother and you don't want any member of your family get hurt or involve in an accident. When I'm the one driving, I always check the speed limit and take extra precautions and my husband has no complains so far. I don't know if I can drive in Philippines though...it must be tough!!!:hehe:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hahaha! So true! :lol:

I know people drive crazy in the Philippines...I remember when I was a kid. But coming from the States and driving in the Philippines myself? Damn! Some crazy stuff.

If you can drive in the Philippines (and not get into an accident), you can drive anywhere in the world! :yes:

You really need fast reactions and a heightened sense of awareness.

Philippines is nothing.. you have to got to see the way they drive in Shanghai.. :shocked:

AOS Timeline

08-Sep-2010 Married
28-Sep-2010 Mailed AOS packet via Express Mail
29-Sep-2010 Received @ Chicago Lockbox
18-Oct-2010 Received 797C NOA for Biometrics appointment
22-Oct 2010 Biometrics appointment (orig sched for 10/28)
29-Oct 2010 RFE (missing signature)
03-Nov Received RFE @ Chicago Lockbox
17-Nov Case transferred to California
24-Nov "Touched" Now being processed at USCIS office
30-Nov "Touched again"
03-Dec May calls Senator Joe Courtney's office for help getting EAD/AP approved
15-Dec Received AP in mail, no notification via e-mail/txt website doesn't show approval
16-Dec EAD Approved (SMS/E-mail) USCIS indicates it was approved yesterday?
18-Dec EAD Card arrived in mail
25-Mar 2011 GC Arrived

31-May 2013 10yr GC approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.