ashenflowers

Postcard Exchange!

497 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am in north york Ontario canada :) for now that is hehe

My wife's in North York, too, for a few more weeks. :)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Timeline

YAY!! I seem to get excited when people live close to me ha ha.

I hate calling it Toronto...I pretend its a fancy middle class town where no one hates no one and everyone likes candy, On a serious note North york is nice :) Hope be in the states this summer :) yay :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Filed: Other Timeline

Pauley-Wow, what a co-incidence too!

Lol..So I guess North York/Toronto to USA is a popular trend....

Smaller world, isn't it?

Lol..Is Toronto really that bad that everyone wants out? (just kidding...)

What's even an odder co-incidence..

Is that your wife, like me, moved from NY (CA) to NY (USA).....Now that is what I call co-incidence, indeed!

Lol..Another in-person postcard, perhaps (just kidding...)

Good luck with the move from NY to NY! :)

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

YAY!! I seem to get excited when people live close to me ha ha.

I hate calling it Toronto...I pretend its a fancy middle class town where no one hates no one and everyone likes candy, On a serious note North york is nice :) Hope be in the states this summer :) yay :)

Canadiandggal-Lol...Me too...

I like to see people who are commonly connected in some way or other,

(now you see why I hang around the VJ Canada forum quite often....lol..)

Lol..I didn't like the mega-city merge either....

But when I said North York..Everyone thought I meant New York....

So I found it easier to say...Toronto....

And I'm pretty sure that everyone knows where Toronto is....

Lol....But now that I'm New York State....Everyone thinks it's New York City...(but it isn't)......

Lol..Wait until you get a postcard from me...It gets even worse....lol....People think I'm from.....(you'll have to see)...

Hope you get to the USA soon too...Btw, which state are you moving to when you get here?

By the way, as for the Toronto/North York...Actually, I preferred the way it was before North York..

Yes...Even North York was 'big' compared to the small towns/neighbourhoods it was before...

Small Town/Neighbourhoods--->North York (and 6 other Toronto cities)--->Toronto (1 big mega-city)...:)

Confusing, isn't it? But yes, North York got swallowed up and became Toronto..Sad, really.....:(

You (and others) can read some more about North York/Toronto here....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_York,_Ontario

And about Toronto Neighbourhoods here..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_neighbourhoods_in_Toronto

And it's interesting too, you can write to someone in Toronto, using 3 different cities/town names, and it will still get there!

For example, you can write to someone in Town/Neighbourhood, North York, or Toronto, and it's the same! The postcard will get there....Lol...

(but yes, Canaddiandggal..You prefer North York...no problem..I'll make a note of that.....lol...)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All I can say is yeah for Mimico lol

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

All I can say is yeah for Mimico lol

Leafgal-Mimico, where is that? :unsure:

Is that a place in Ontario (as in your profile it says you are from ON)?

And is that a neighbourhood in Toronto?

Yeah for Mimico, anyways! :thumbs:

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline

Leafgal-Mimico, where is that? :unsure:

Is that a place in Ontario (as in your profile it says you are from ON)?

And is that a neighbourhood in Toronto?

Yeah for Mimico, anyways! :thumbs:

Ant

The former Town of Mimico is a neighborhood in the south-west of Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is located in the south-east of the former Township (later City) of Etobicoke and was an independent municipality from 1911 to 1967, the oldest of the former 'Lakeshore Municipalities'.

(source)

Pauley on Twitter

Pauley on Facebook

Wedding photos on Flickr

*** If you add me on Twitter or Facebook from here, let me know who you are so I don't ignore/block you out-of-hand 'cause I don't recognize you! :)

Ashenflowers-I just sent an e-mail to the VJ postcard account, confirming my patricipation....Happy reading!...:)

Ant

Pauley-Ok..Now I know what Mimico is...lol..Thanks..

Leafgal-So, Am I going to be sending any postcards to Mimico anytime soon? :whistle: Feel free to add your name and info to the list too....;)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Hi Everyone,

Another point I would like to say to all the participants.....

You might want to add your VJ username to your postcard as well...

That way we know who we are referring to both on the postcard and online too, and can make the "connection" from there....;)

For example:

Ant (VJ Name: Ant+D+BabyA)

Thanks...

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

I don't mean to sound like a control freak or anything, so I'm really sorry if I do... please let me just post the list though. :) It'll avoid confusion, and just makes it easier for me that way. Then I know my list is current based on people contacting me, and I don't have to make sure it matches another list in the thread, which may or may not be right as well (for example, right now my list is different than the updated list that was posted... lol). I am keeping a list of participants on my computer, and keeping their addresses in a separate contact folder as well. Don't worry, it's all under control. lol ;) I can post an updated list of participants a day or two before each draw of the month. And if people want to opt out of or jump into that particular draw they can. I will make sure each participant receives an equal number of postcards.

As of right now, I have 14 confirmed participants (confirmed as in, they've shown interest and I have received contact info). There are also 7 other people who said they would like to, but I have not received info from (you know who you are. lol). Just a reminder you can either PM me or email vjpostcards@gmail.com :) But no worries. Like I said you have until April 5th.

I'm so glad you guys are all on board for this!! :dance: I use a lot of emotions! :star:

Here're your questions Ant with answers bolded :)

6) What are we supposed to write on the postcards? Anything goes? Something specific? Leave it blank? I say anything goes (but see below re: themes)! Friendly, of course :P LOL

7) How about if we do a "writing topic of the month", or something like that, which we can all commonly write about on our postcards, to make things more interesting? You can choose the first topic, Ashenflowers, since this project was your idea... This might be actually really fun! It's a great idea! hmmm... let me think about a theme and get back to you. ;)

8) Umm..On what we will address each other, name-wise on the postcards: I think we need first/last names too, when you give the contact info, ashenflowers...Lol..As I don't think that the USPS/Canada Post will deliver using our VJ names....(lol..mine won't deliver to Ant+D+BabyA....). So make sure to include your first and last name too, when you sent your contact info to ashenflowers... Yes, people have been giving their first/last names :) If they haven't, I have been asking. I want to make sure everything gets where it needs to go! My mail'person' barely accepts my maiden name, let alone 'ashenflowers' :lol:

9) What type of postcards do you want to send? Or is it, anything goes here too? Or would you like a specific theme? I think anything goes, but if you can find one related to the monthly theme, all the better! But no pressure. Some people might have access to a better variety of postcards than others. lol I don't want to put too many restrictions, but themes might spark creativity and make it more interesting. :)

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And in 2 weeks I will be Illinois, USA :) That is the address I will be using, don't know if you want to change that or not on this list.

Updated List....

VJ Postcard Project Participants (Round 1, April 2010)...

ashenflowers (CA, USA)

Canadiandggal (ON, CANADA)

CdnMN (MN, USA)

Hugglebuggles (CO, USA)

Kayla*Mathew (KY, USA)

lilacvioletiris (MI, USA)

OBX (NJ, USA)

Pauley (NY, USA)

sdw (NY, USA)

steflovesbran (ON, CANADA)

Kathryn41 (GA, USA)

Ant+D+BabyA (NY, USA)

AOS

03-30-10: Montreal Interview

04-09-10: K1 Visa Received

04-17-10: US Entry (Toronto Pearson Airport to Peoria, Illinois)

06-12-10: Married the love of my life!!

06-25-10: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-131 petitions to Chicago Lockbox

07-01-10: NOA1

07-30-10: Case transferred to California Service Center

08-03-10: Biometrics in Naperville, IL

08-21-10: AP approved

08-28-10: Received AP

08-30-10: EAD approved

09-01-10: Received EAD

09-20-10: Green card approved!!

09-25-10: Green card recieved!!!!

I also like the idea of writing VJ names on the post card as well, Ant. :thumbs: I'll give all necessary info with the contact info.

Also, re: themes, I think an EARTH theme for April's upcoming Earth Day would be fun. So anything landscape/nature/flowers related. This one should be easy :) And for writing... hmm... Write anything, but you have to use the word 'sun' at some point in the postcard. :star: lol How's that? B-)

For anyone interested right now, here's my list as of this morning (This is the most updated list, I'd been hearing from people throughout the day yesterday, so I will post a new list tomorrow, just so this thread can focus on ideas, and not lists!):

CONFIRMED:

Ant+D+BabyA

ashenflowers

Canadiandggal

CdnMN

Colleens

Dan and Ali

Hugglebuggles

Kathryn41

Kayla*Mathew

lilacvioletiris

OBX

Pauley

sdw

steflovesbran

Need info:

Bern.

Christi and Ian

leonsgal70

lgg

tHund3r

Wyatt's Torch

Y&E

Edited by ashenflowers

For details visit My Timeline or Profile

ROC Timeline:
May 23, 2012 - Mailed I-751
January 7, 2013 - RFE Received
March 26, 2013 - RFE Response Sent
April 11, 2013 - ROC APPROVED

June 8th, 2013 - 10 yr GC Received (FINALLY)

AOS Timeline:
March 23, 2010 - Mailed I-485 (AOS), I-131 (AP), I-765 (EAD)
June 7, 2010 - AP received
June 12, 2010 - EAD received
August 27, 2010 - 2 yr Green Card Received!

K-1 Timeline:
April 22, 2009 - I-129F Sent
November 20, 2009 - Interview in Montreal - Approved!
January 3, 2010 - POE (Ambassador Bridge)
January 20, 2010 - Wedding

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh! Earth! I like it. That will be pretty easy for me. All the postcards around here seem to have mountains or deer on them :P

Ashenflowers-No problem with you only keeping track of the participants and having the master list...:)

Lol..As long as there is some sort of list, before we send the postcards out, then so be it...

I just need an updated list to know who is participating for any given round, that's all...

I like the way how you organized the list too (though you can put your name first, since your the 'postcard master'...)

Great to see that there are 14 people interested already! Wow, this will definitely keep us all busy with our postcards!

Anything goes, along with Themes, sound good to me!:thumbs:

I agree, themes spark creativity, and gives us something common to talk about too.....

Lol..About the maiden name and vj name....My mailperson doesn't answer to that either...lol...(USPS makes the rules..not VJ)

Lol..And yeah, I'm one of those individuals who are "restricted" when it comes to postcards (hmm..I have yet to find one of my small town...I'll have to go look the next time I'm out...), so I know what you mean there. But rest assured, I'll find postcards out there for all of you!

Steflovesbran-I'll let Ashenflowers do the update..IL, USA, for Steflovesbran, it is...:)

Ashenflowers-Lol..I like the idea of connecting the names too..

Umm..For example, if I receive a postcard from "Jane Doe", is it from "Ashenflowers" or some other VJ user?

Hence I suggested that...Lol..I don't want to be referring to the wrong person, after all..

One more thing though: When posting online...keep to VJ names only...Thanks....

Thanks for updating the list too. Ok, now enough talk about lists...Let's get to the ideas...;)

I love the idea of the EARTH theme and the word "Sun"! Thanks for the great idea! :star:

Earth and Sun theme (or anything goes), it is, for April 2010!

Just to clarify, here is the theme, as told by Ashenflowers:

Also, re: themes, I think an EARTH theme for April's upcoming Earth Day would be fun. So anything landscape/nature/flowers related. This one should be easy :) And for writing... hmm... Write anything, but you have to use the word 'sun' at some point in the postcard. :star: lol How's that? B-)

Hope to hear from all of you again via postcards soon...Happy postcard hunting, writing, and sending!

Ant

Oh! Earth! I like it. That will be pretty easy for me. All the postcards around here seem to have mountains or deer on them :P

Hugglebuggles-Same for me too...But fun, nevertheless..:)

Btw...You just described my backyard too...lol..mountains and deer...hmmm....interesting....

Now, if only I can find a postcard that had a scene of my backyard too......

Nevertheless, I'm looking forward to all postcards from everyone! This should be fun, indeed!

Ant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.