Robin28

OF-167 Example

5 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I just thought i would share .. I emailed the Vancouver consulate this morning to ask a few short questions about the I-134 and they informed me that they DO also require OF-167 .... i was reading another thread and people said they haven't been able to find it anywhere ... Vancouver sent me a copy of it with the email they sent me .. ( i'm sure if others requested it they would do the same ) But @ any rate here it is for those of you that are curious .. :

SPONSOR'S FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITY UNDER THE SOCIAL SECURITY ACT

IMPORTANT This document must be read and signed by persons wishing to submit an affidavit of support on behalf of an alien applying for an immigrant visa. A signed copy of this document must be attached to each copy of any affidavit of support submitted on behalf of an applicant and presented on day of appointment.

The Social Security Act, as amended, established certain requirements for determining the eligibility of aliens for Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC) benefits. The Food Stamp Act, as amended, contains similar provisions. These amendments require that the income and resources of any person (and that person's spouse) who executes an affidavit of support or similar agreement on behalf of an immigrant alien, be deemed to be the income and resources of the alien under formulas for determining eligibility for SSI, AFDC, and Food Stamp benefits during the three years following the alien's entry into the United States.

The eligibility of aliens for SSI, AFDC, and Food Stamp benefits will be contingent upon their obtaining the cooperation of their sponsors in providing the necessary information and evidence to enable the Social Security Administration and/or State Welfare Agencies to carry out these provisions. An alien applying for SSI, AFDC, or Food Stamp benefits must make available to the Social Security Administration and/or State Welfare Agencies documentation concerning his income or resources or those of his sponsors, including information which he provided in support of his application for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status. The Secretary of Health and Human Services and/or State Welfare Agencies are authorized to obtain copies of any such documentation from other agencies.

The Social Security Act and the Food Stamp Act also provide that an alien and his or her sponsor shall be jointly and severally liable to repay any SSI, AFDC, and Food Stamp benefits which are incorrectly paid because of misinformation provided by sponsor or because of sponsor's failure to provide information. Also, any incorrect payments of SSI and AFDC benefits which are not repaid will be withheld from any subsequent payments for which the alien or sponsors are otherwise eligible under the Social Security Act.

These provisions do not apply to aliens admitted as refugees or granted political asylum by the Attorney General. They also will not apply to the SSI eligibility of aliens who become blind or disabled after entry into the United States. The AFDC provisions do not apply to aliens who are dependent children of the sponsor or sponsor's spouse.

I,__________________, residing at _________________________________________________

(name) (street and number)

_________________________________________ acknowledge that I have read the above and am aware of my responsibilities as an immigrant sponsor under the Social Security Act, as amended, and the Food Stamp Act, as amended. This statement is submitted on behalf of the following persons:

Name Sex Age Country of Married/Single Relationship

Birth to Sponsor

Signature of Sponsor(s)

S\CONshare\handout\k1\fiancepk3.rev.doc 8/99

OF-167 Attachment

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 05/07 Transfered to CSC

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Mar 30/07 Welcome notice sent

April 10/07 Card production ordered

April 13/07 Approval notice sent

April 16/07 Green card in hand

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Timeline

do we need this for the k3 for montreal , I didn't receive it and I will be leaving next week for my interview ????

Feb. 15/ 07 --- GC approved

Nov. 17/09 -- I-751 sent (Day 1)

Timeline
do we need this for the k3 for montreal , I didn't receive it and I will be leaving next week for my interview ????

No, as far as i know only Vancouver asks for this. Good luck with your interview !

~My AOS (K1)

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Sons AOS (K2) Age 11

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

~My Daughters AOS (K2) Age 9

Jan 19/07 NOA1

Feb 07/07 RFE Snail mail

Feb 08/07 Biometrics

Feb 14/07 sent back RFE ~ Feb 21/07 email resp. RFE

Feb 29/07 Transfered to CSC !!

April 03/07 Card production ordered

April 04/07 Welcome notice sent

April 07/07 Welcome notice & Green card arrived

Thank you for posting. I was wondering what it was too! :D

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.