amaian

RFE, how long until the letter arrives?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello VJers,

First time posting, long time troller. I want to say thank you for this site as it has prevented a lot of stress when going through the K1 and AOS process :)

Anyway, I filed my AOS and EAD back on March 1, 2010. Everything was received and my biometrics appointment is on April 5, 2010. I have been religiously checking my case status on USCIS. I have apparently been given a RFE in relation to my I-485, and according to the website the letter for the RFE was sent on March 19, 2010. It's now March 25, 2010 and I realize that these are time sensitive yet I still have not received my letter explaining what the RFE is about.

Should I be worried that I have yet to receive anything in mail?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hello VJers,

First time posting, long time troller. I want to say thank you for this site as it has prevented a lot of stress when going through the K1 and AOS process :)

Anyway, I filed my AOS and EAD back on March 1, 2010. Everything was received and my biometrics appointment is on April 5, 2010. I have been religiously checking my case status on USCIS. I have apparently been given a RFE in relation to my I-485, and according to the website the letter for the RFE was sent on March 19, 2010. It's now March 25, 2010 and I realize that these are time sensitive yet I still have not received my letter explaining what the RFE is about.

Should I be worried that I have yet to receive anything in mail?

Hi... sorry to hear that you received an RFE. I received mine exactly a week after the notification on the USCIS website. So just see if you get it by this week! *hugs*

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi... sorry to hear that you received an RFE. I received mine exactly a week after the notification on the USCIS website. So just see if you get it by this week! *hugs*

Hi Scott & LC,

Thanks for your response... sure enough, I received the RFE in the mail yesterday for the I693. I took my chances by not submitting it along with the initial application. Off to the civil surgeon next week to get the vaccinations transcribed and will be sending in a letter explaining that I do not need a new medical since mine was done in December for the K1.

Thanks a million!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Hi Scott & LC,

Thanks for your response... sure enough, I received the RFE in the mail yesterday for the I693. I took my chances by not submitting it along with the initial application. Off to the civil surgeon next week to get the vaccinations transcribed and will be sending in a letter explaining that I do not need a new medical since mine was done in December for the K1.

Thanks a million!

Good luck! I think it's best if you send in the I-693 Instructions, Section III page where it specifies K-1 admissions do not need a new medical and highlight those portions! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.