Mansoor

Original Birth Certificate showing only father name

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi I have a question regarding birth certificate. In original birth certificate only father and grandfather names are showing and no mother name because there is no field placed by the Govt to show the mother's name on the birth certificate but in the English translation I wrote mother's name also although in original no mother name mentioned.

My petition is already approved and the case now in NVC so in later stages will this cause any problem when NVC asks to submit the originals again and lastly in the US Embassy where my interview will be held.

Filed: Timeline

Hi I have a question regarding birth certificate. In original birth certificate only father and grandfather names are showing and no mother name because there is no field placed by the Govt to show the mother's name on the birth certificate but in the English translation I wrote mother's name also although in original no mother name mentioned.

My petition is already approved and the case now in NVC so in later stages will this cause any problem when NVC asks to submit the originals again and lastly in the US Embassy where my interview will be held.

Yes possible for NVC or embassy to ask for reasn, but they also know about. But you can add your mother name now, just go to the dist health office and ask them issue you new cert with your both parents. Maybe they ask you to show some docs etc, but can be done 100%.

Timeline

Yes possible for NVC or embassy to ask for reasn, but they also know about. But you can add your mother name now, just go to the dist health office and ask them issue you new cert with your both parents. Maybe they ask you to show some docs etc, but can be done 100%.

Hi I have told them about the missing field in the birth certificate but they say that these are the latest ones which still don't have any field for mother's name, funny enough they have a field for Nurse name which is quite unreasonable. So this can't be done. If by chance US Embassy or NVC later stages if I ask this question and that time I explain about the situation regarding the missing mother's name column in the birth certificate will that be enough.

And USCIS already approved my petition and in that petition I send them both Original and it's English Translation copy so they must have checked and saw a missing field for mother's name and also saw that in English translation mother's name mentioned just to fulfill the requirement of Immigration process.

Filed: Other Timeline

I don't think I would have provided USCIS with a false translation, as this could be seen as misrepresentation, which carries a lifetime ban. My wild guess is that you are not the only Pakistani trying to immigrate to the United States, which implies that the USCIS people have seen perhaps a few thousand more of exactly such birth certificates. A translation with a short explanation would have been my choice instead of pulling a stunt like this.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

I don't think I would have provided USCIS with a false translation, as this could be seen as misrepresentation, which carries a lifetime ban. My wild guess is that you are not the only Pakistani trying to immigrate to the United States, which implies that the USCIS people have seen perhaps a few thousand more of exactly such birth certificates. A translation with a short explanation would have been my choice instead of pulling a stunt like this.

Thanks for your reply but I thought it will be better to mention a mother's name as per US policy to have the both parents name mentioned on the birth certificate, although in the urdu original form it is not mentioned even it doesn't have the column field to the mother's name which is quite ridiculous to say the least, well anyhow that's the way it goes in Pakistan ruler areas.

So as the USCIS and NVC guys must have checked the English Translation of birth certificate with the original documents compare them and that must have qualified original and correct enough so I think that's why they have approved my petition which currently resides in NVC and NVC case no also assigned against my petition.

So what you say in the later stages where NVC asks for Original documents if I make another English translation copy of birth certificate in which I didn't mention the mother's name word to word as seen on original one will that practice be good enough or I will stick with the current English Translation what you say on this sir?.

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks for your reply but I thought it will be better to mention a mother's name as per US policy to have the both parents name mentioned on the birth certificate, although in the urdu original form it is not mentioned even it doesn't have the column field to the mother's name which is quite ridiculous to say the least, well anyhow that's the way it goes in Pakistan ruler areas.

So as the USCIS and NVC guys must have checked the English Translation of birth certificate with the original documents compare them and that must have qualified original and correct enough so I think that's why they have approved my petition which currently resides in NVC and NVC case no also assigned against my petition.

So what you say in the later stages where NVC asks for Original documents if I make another English translation copy of birth certificate in which I didn't mention the mother's name word to word as seen on original one will that practice be good enough or I will stick with the current English Translation what you say on this sir?.

Okay, this doesn't sound nice, and I apologize upfront for being so direct, but the person doing the translation verified not only competency, but also that it is a correct translation, and if this person has added a name that wasn't on there before, the mother's name at that, it's a serious issue. There are many people who get away with something, often so, but when it comes to Immigration issues, the dreaded term "misrepresentation" keeps popping up.

Understand, I have no dog in this hunt, but I get goosebumps when reading what you did. I'm no saint, but that I wouldn't dare to have done. Purely from a legal perspective, it's like submitting a false document.

So, Sir, since you asked, I would be grateful that it slipped through, but I wouldn't do a translation again myself. Let somebody else sign their name under it. There you have it.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Timeline

Okay, this doesn't sound nice, and I apologize upfront for being so direct, but the person doing the translation verified not only competency, but also that it is a correct translation, and if this person has added a name that wasn't on there before, the mother's name at that, it's a serious issue. There are many people who get away with something, often so, but when it comes to Immigration issues, the dreaded term "misrepresentation" keeps popping up.

Understand, I have no dog in this hunt, but I get goosebumps when reading what you did. I'm no saint, but that I wouldn't dare to have done. Purely from a legal perspective, it's like submitting a false document.

So, Sir, since you asked, I would be grateful that it slipped through, but I wouldn't do a translation again myself. Let somebody else sign their name under it. There you have it.

So sir if I submit another translated copy of birth certificate at the later stages in US Embassy will that practice be good enough. Already submitted birth certificate comes back to US Embassy from NVC or stays there, but I only did this because of US policy that says that both parent's names must be mentioned on the birth certificate and our area does not have a column to field that name but the name of my mother is an original one and she is my mother so I guess that will not gonna hurt and could be ignored.

Timeline

Thanks for your replies highly appreciated, one more thing English translated birth certificate which I submitted earlier to USCIS does NVC has that photocopy of birth certificate with it self now, Does those documents which I submitted at the time of filing petition will be send back to US Embassy in Islamabad.

Islamabad is an Appointment Post and I have to submit all my original and translated documents here instead of sending them to NVC with DS-230. So I guess that I can submit new translated birth certificate, or if I can only tell them about the situation that why I mention the mother's name only if they asked me why there is a mother's name in certificate at the time of interview will that be a good enough practice to do?.

I guess there are more solid proof like DNA, Pictures, Police Certificates and other docs also, but I think DNA will definitely be the standoff proof does these other documents helps the cause in getting the visa only in my situation only if it arrives, but I hope this doesn't happened at all and all the things goes smoothly without any hitches.

Filed: Timeline

Hi I have told them about the missing field in the birth certificate but they say that these are the latest ones which still don't have any field for mother's name, funny enough they have a field for Nurse name which is quite unreasonable. So this can't be done. If by chance US Embassy or NVC later stages if I ask this question and that time I explain about the situation regarding the missing mother's name column in the birth certificate will that be enough.

And USCIS already approved my petition and in that petition I send them both Original and it's English Translation copy so they must have checked and saw a missing field for mother's name and also saw that in English translation mother's name mentioned just to fulfill the requirement of Immigration process.

If some is telling you there is no field for mother name on new birth cert, he/she is millions time wrong. In Punjab, GOVT punjab isuue new birth cert and there have place for parents name and their NIC numbers. I am not sure which city you are from, but we got 5 months back our cert. I will say dont belive what some one telling you, research your self and go to the health department for more info.

Timeline

If some is telling you there is no field for mother name on new birth cert, he/she is millions time wrong. In Punjab, GOVT punjab isuue new birth cert and there have place for parents name and their NIC numbers. I am not sure which city you are from, but we got 5 months back our cert. I will say dont belive what some one telling you, research your self and go to the health department for more info.

I went to their office which is in the samll village called jallo near attock in their office they have printed certificates on which they have no column for the mother's name. My little sister has a certificate from Lahore where he born and there they have a column for mother's name but this is a big city with good infrastructure, but the village in which my certificate came they doesn't have any field sadly.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Dear Mansoor,

Dont worry I have had the same problem. I have birth certificate issued from KMC, (Karachi Metropolitan corporation - no longer exists) where only my father name was written and I had sent the same original certificate along with english translation without even mentioning the name of mother. The same was accepted by NVC and I was interviewed in US embassy Islamabad few days back and they did not raise objection over it. good luck

Timeline

Dear Mansoor,

Dont worry I have had the same problem. I have birth certificate issued from KMC, (Karachi Metropolitan corporation - no longer exists) where only my father name was written and I had sent the same original certificate along with english translation without even mentioning the name of mother. The same was accepted by NVC and I was interviewed in US embassy Islamabad few days back and they did not raise objection over it. good luck

Thanks for sharing your experience with me but I have added my Mother's Name also in English Translation this is an additional information which I put just to provide them full info about it. But now I am confused will that gonna create any problem as in your case you didn't write your Mother's Name in the English Translation of your Birth Certificate.

What you say on this will it gonna create any problem for me or even if they ask me if I tell them that why I enter my mother's name in english version is just to provide you the names of both of my parents.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thanks for sharing your experience with me but I have added my Mother's Name also in English Translation this is an additional information which I put just to provide them full info about it. But now I am confused will that gonna create any problem as in your case you didn't write your Mother's Name in the English Translation of your Birth Certificate.

What you say on this will it gonna create any problem for me or even if they ask me if I tell them that why I enter my mother's name in english version is just to provide you the names of both of my parents.

You should only submit what you have already submitted in NVC. You have already made a mistake so do not repeat it. If they ask you purpose of addition of name in BC, you can explain them that this was just to facilitate EMB/NVC and I hope they will understand your position.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.