Tina&Roland

Transferring from CSC to NBC

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I called the USCIS customer service line today and was transferred to an IO. She said that the case was pending and the last thing they have on file is my biometrics. The next thing to prepare for is an interview. I was dumbfounded and asked if it was at CSC and she said yes, but since I came on a family based visa, I need an interview (she was obviously just saying that from experience, I suppose).

Anyway, so far I have not received an e-mail saying that my case has been transferred back to NBC. However, in order to prepare for such a case, I just wanted to know from those who have experienced it how long it took from the case being transferred to having an interview date.

Thanks so much!

Naturalization Journey

----------------------------------------------------

12/18/12 - Send N-400 package to Phoenix Lockbox!

12/21/12 - Delivered and signed for by Fernando Dominguez

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

12/28/12 - E-mail notification that biometrics notice was sent!

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

04/02/13 - Interview! Passed!

May 2013 - Oath Ceremony!

Timeline

So as an update to my previous post, I can now honestly say that the IO I spoke to was full of it.

I finally got a card production ordered e-mail without an interview!

Naturalization Journey

12/24/12 - E-mail notification that file sent to NBC (now able to check case status online!)

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Filed: Timeline

So as an update to my previous post, I can now honestly say that the IO I spoke to was full of it.

I finally got a card production ordered e-mail without an interview!

We can only hope:

Our case(I-485) was transfered back to NBC ON 3/16

then on 3/19-- update again stating that the case was pending at a USCIS office...so we will see.

I got touched on the I-485 -3/19, 3/22,3/23.....

Timeline

We can only hope:

Our case(I-485) was transfered back to NBC ON 3/16

then on 3/19-- update again stating that the case was pending at a USCIS office...so we will see.

I got touched on the I-485 -3/19, 3/22,3/23.....

Was this family-based? I think most family-based applications get approved without interview once transferred.

Naturalization Journey

01/08/13 - Biometrics!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.