lgg

Waiting, waiting and still...

32 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So, mail person has come and gone -- as of this coming Monday, I will have been in the US for 3 weeks ( I say Monday as I POEd on Friday and I'm sure that's not counted as a business day for me) and I'm still waiting for my GC and SNN. I feel like I've been forgotten. I called the SSN people today and they were NO help whatsoever.

I downloaded the form for the SSN number but the thing is, it's far from where we live and my husband works every day and such so it's not like it's going to be easy to get there. It's such a bummer as I'd like to start getting things done and such.

Also, is it possible that they might not send me my green card? I know I can fix the SSN situation but what happens if they just 'forget' to send a GC, what does one do then?

anyway... sorry for the ramble, I'm just starting to get a little antsy as the little steps I need to take (Oh, like HUGE steps of driving and such) can't be done without a SSN.

I know Flames said to just go into the SSN office and whatever and this I know but it's not that easy for someone who doesn't drive and i'd like to think that since I checked the box, that maybe they would send me a SSN?

/rant

Thanks all... .

PS can one check online or something for the GC? I heard you could check 'Card Production' but I assume that takes a number that they send you in the welcome to the US letter that I, of course, still have not received.

:D

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

I forget the #, but after soo long no grrencard, there is a 1800# one can call

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

What? you mean you don't have some random 11 digit number memorized to give out to people whom you've never met on the internet??? For shame, Flames... for shame! ;)

This is a start, now I need to know if this is through NVC or USCIS... but I've got something to go on and that's a start. If I knew they hadn't forgotten me, I'd be happy.

Thanks, Flamy, you rock.

I forget the #, but after soo long no grrencard, there is a 1800# one can call

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

try the search button!!!! Like all mighty me has time to help you!! Jeesh!!! lol Not sure on the # to call. Imsure someone else does

And it normally takes 4-6 weeks!! some get it faster, some slower! I imagine some POE's move the pkg along quickly, while others finish their game of solitaire first!!

Edited by Flames9_RN

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I found this and called -- right number but the petitioner has to call, just in case any one else needs it!

USCIS Contact Link

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

You guys "Have the Google" in MD? lol

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I share your frustration with regard to the g/c not arriving as quickly as we would like.

I have recently read that some AOS (like me) have rec'd their cards within a week or so of the interview. Well for us it has been 10 days counting today. The online USCIS site says that card has been ordered and I did receive my ''welcome to usa'' letter yesterday but the card has not arrived.

I live in a rural area and today I received neighbour's mail (2 miles or so away) and that is NOT confidence inspiring at all. Needless to say we will be bringing this to the attention of the local postmaster and hopefully if my card has been ''misdelivered'' it will get resolved.

On an upbeat note, the IO at the local USCIS office did say that we should allow 3 to 4 weeks for the card production so perhaps they are running behind schedule.

I won't feel completely settled until that card arrives. I hope that you get good news soon

June /09 visit to my long time friend in usa during vacation

June/09 us old folks eloped

Dec 11/09 I485+130 filed to chicago lockbox

Dec 18/09 I-797's (NOA)

Dec 24/09 letter for biometrics appt

Jan 11/10 biometrics appt

Jan 29/10 request for interview (I-485)

Mar 9/10 interview for I-485] APPROVED

Mar 10/10 emails and updates - card production ordered

Mar 17/10 welcome letter rec'd

Mar 19/10 green card rec'd

Mar 29/10 applied in person for SSN

Apr 3/10 rec'd SSN

done for 18 months whew

Timeline

You guys are too funny!! By now through this process one usually learns that one needs to have patience and realize each case is different!

Hope you get it soon Lgg...:)

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

Please disregard my JOKING posts!! I guess my sense of humor does not sit well with others. Cheers

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For some reason it seems like USCIS goes in waves. For a while it seems to take them forever to get the GC's out, and then for a while they'll be super fast. There is no balance, but I guess we should expect that when dealing with the government! :lol:

I have no idea how to help lgg, but I wish you luck! I'm sure it will arrive soon.

Timeline

This is true, this is true -- my husband's like, 'you're dealing with the government, the right hand has NO idea what the left hand is doing..."

I suppose it would be worth my while to just sit back and let it happen but easy enough to say, SO much harder to do. :D

You're helping just fine, Huggles by being sweet and chatty...

I'll just sit by and bake another batch of cookies, muffins or some more soup and study for my drivers' license and such.

For some reason it seems like USCIS goes in waves. For a while it seems to take them forever to get the GC's out, and then for a while they'll be super fast. There is no balance, but I guess we should expect that when dealing with the government! :lol:

I have no idea how to help lgg, but I wish you luck! I'm sure it will arrive soon.

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Hope you get it soon, Froggie! I'm twelve days behind you. :)

They gave me my Virginia driver's license with only my passport stamp as proof of permanent residency, so that's a good sign in MY case at least. Are there places not letting you use that I-551 stamp as proof? It really is a de facto green card!

As for the SIN, that's MY biggest concern too. I've been applying to jobs etc., but I'll feel MUCH more comfortable when I get that SIN in the mail.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

I'll just sit by and bake another batch of cookies, muffins or some more soup and study for my drivers' license and such.

Mmmm. Cookies.

And yes...keep studying for that driver's license. It's probably best that you just throw away the book after you get on the road, though. In the short time that I've been in the DC-Baltimore Metro area, I've already seen pretty much every rule broken!

Wyatt, SSN! Not a SIN! O:

Sorry, I just feel like bugging you. :)

D'OH!!!

You know what? When I had to read a line of text for my eye test at the DMV today I managed to say "Z" as ZEE and not ZED. I thought I turned the corner away from all my Canadianness then. Apparently not. :(

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.