I AM NOT THAT GUY

Blond Joke

82 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

A blond was speeding down the road when she was pulled over by a woman police officer who was also a blond. The policewoman asked to see the blond's drivers license. She dug thru her purse, getting agitated.

"What does it look like?" she finally asked.

The policewoman replied, "It's square and has your picture on it."

The driver finally found a square mirror in her purse, looked at it and handed it to the policewoman.

"Here it is!"

The blond officer looked at the mirror, then handed it back saying, "I didn't realize you were a cop."

:bonk:

What better way can you dehumanize a person than by reducing him to traits that you perceive in him? Stereotyping is the process through which we, either voluntarily or unconsciously, attach certain expectations or traits to a person.

We might associate blonde hair with ditziness, or we might associate darker skin with a less refined nature. Even if we associate Asian heritage with strict parenting and top grades in school, all of these situations are stereotyping. When we begin treating people differently based on particular stereotypes (such as race or gender), we cross the line from what we might consider to be harmless into something much worse: racism, sexism, and the like.

Stereotyping might be based in truth, and many people justify stereotyping by pointing to statistics. However, what people fail to realize is that in most cases, the statistics don't conclude anything about a person. The associations and expectations of a particularly stereotype may be flat-out wrong and unsubstantiated. Even if there is some kind of correlation, correlation does not equal causation. There is no reason why someone who is blonde should be ditzy because of that trait. There is no reason that someone who is of Asian heritage must necessarily be a math genius, and there are no concrete genetic imperatives that stress the common stereotypes of any race. When someone doesn't fit a stereotype, furthermore, there is no reason for us to somehow be surprised - after all, every individual is his own person.

Once again, stereotyping comes down to a depersonalization. When we start to filter blonde people as being ditzy, we stop taking each individual blonde person that we meet seriously as a person, and what right do we have to do this? Is there any appreciable difference between a blonde-haired person, a brunette, a red-haired person, or a person with black hair? The differences in appearance are negligible to what kind of person they are. Furthermore, if we do find that a person is a certain way, why must we attach it to a physical trait of theirs?

In order to fight stereotyping, we must fight this misguided logic of attaching and individual's personal traits to broad physical categories. This forces us to look at the actual relevant details that make a person different from one another. What were this person's experiences growing up? What kind of culture did she grow up in? What are all the varying factors that each impact this person MORE than their physical appearance does? What makes him him or her her?

Link

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Timeline

What better way can you dehumanize a person than by reducing him to traits that you perceive in him? Stereotyping is the process through which we, either voluntarily or unconsciously, attach certain expectations or traits to a person.

We might associate blonde hair with ditziness, or we might associate darker skin with a less refined nature. Even if we associate Asian heritage with strict parenting and top grades in school, all of these situations are stereotyping. When we begin treating people differently based on particular stereotypes (such as race or gender), we cross the line from what we might consider to be harmless into something much worse: racism, sexism, and the like.

Stereotyping might be based in truth, and many people justify stereotyping by pointing to statistics. However, what people fail to realize is that in most cases, the statistics don't conclude anything about a person. The associations and expectations of a particularly stereotype may be flat-out wrong and unsubstantiated. Even if there is some kind of correlation, correlation does not equal causation. There is no reason why someone who is blonde should be ditzy because of that trait. There is no reason that someone who is of Asian heritage must necessarily be a math genius, and there are no concrete genetic imperatives that stress the common stereotypes of any race. When someone doesn't fit a stereotype, furthermore, there is no reason for us to somehow be surprised - after all, every individual is his own person.

Once again, stereotyping comes down to a depersonalization. When we start to filter blonde people as being ditzy, we stop taking each individual blonde person that we meet seriously as a person, and what right do we have to do this? Is there any appreciable difference between a blonde-haired person, a brunette, a red-haired person, or a person with black hair? The differences in appearance are negligible to what kind of person they are. Furthermore, if we do find that a person is a certain way, why must we attach it to a physical trait of theirs?

In order to fight stereotyping, we must fight this misguided logic of attaching and individual's personal traits to broad physical categories. This forces us to look at the actual relevant details that make a person different from one another. What were this person's experiences growing up? What kind of culture did she grow up in? What are all the varying factors that each impact this person MORE than their physical appearance does? What makes him him or her her?

Link

:rolleyes:

She's a blonde! :rofl:

Though they're only jokes(?) and not a comment on society some people bring them up to make blondes feel inferior and stupid.

That's called Envy...Live and let live!!!

BTW im not a blonde...

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

It's not funny unless you believe at some level that blondes really are ditzy - and not just blondes, blonde women. Hahahahahaha, that's so funny, a woman doesn't know what a driving license is, and gives another women a mirror and she looks into it and thinks that's a driving license showing her to be a policewoman when all along she's looking in the mirror at herself. Hahahahahaha, that's so hysterical. I can't stop laughing, my sides are splitting.

Edited by Madame Cleo

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

She's not ditzy because she's blond.

Being ditzy can be funny. Telling jokes on the basis that blond women are all ditzy is silly and not humorous.

:bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk::bonk:

So, how do you get three blondes to sit on one barstool?

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

What better way can you dehumanize a person than by reducing him to traits that you perceive in him?

Lighten up, Francis.

I thought the joke was funny, Bill. Keep 'em coming. :thumbs:

What made it funny? I don't find it funny, nothing about it makes me grin or giggle. I am supposed to 'lighten up' just because you giggle like a school boy at the idea that some women who are blond are really this stupid?

Perhaps I should lighten up about jokes about black people and watermelons as well?

Edited by Madame Cleo