ukstang

Fiance leaving US for several months...

5 posts in this topic

My fiance is coming back to Salzburg/Austria to finish her studies begining of Sept.

Can anybody tell us what happens (US Mail wise) after receieving the NOA2?

What I mean is, if we managed to get the NOA2 before she comes to Austria for 3 months will she be expecting any over notifications or forms to fill in etc.(Post which may have to be fowarded)?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
My fiance is coming back to Salzburg/Austria to finish her studies begining of Sept.

Can anybody tell us what happens (US Mail wise) after receieving the NOA2?

What I mean is, if we managed to get the NOA2 before she comes to Austria for 3 months will she be expecting any over notifications or forms to fill in etc.(Post which may have to be fowarded)?

To understand what happens next, take a look at this: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...amp;page=k1flow

Basically, if all goes well and you don't get another RFE, you'll get NOA2. Your petition will be sent to NVC, that will give you a case number, and will run security checks on both you. They will then forward it to the consulate. Your fiance will get packet 3, which contains some forms and instructions as to what documents to bring to the interview. Consulate procedures may vary, so maybe they'll send packet 4 (other forms for the foreign fiance to fill out, instructions for the medical and date of interview). I think you'd be fine as long as someone can forward the USC anything that gets in the mail - if anything before NOA2 (hopefully not).

Tave a look at I-134 and what are the documents that support it. You can find an example here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

Those are documents that should be gathered by the USC. Check if the USC can get them before going to Austria or can get them while there. Also, check with the consulate how long is I-134 good for and the average time to get an interview.

Good luck. :)

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

You will need the NOA2 at the consulate interview.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.