~Johnny~

St Luke's Advance medical without appointment letter

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi Folks, I really tried searching but the new VJ is giving me tons of dead links...

Tonight we got our MNL case number. I told Wilma now we can do the advanced medical as soon as possible. But she had just been talking to one her friends who immigrated last year, and swore up and down, that Wilma needed to wait for a letter of appointment from USEM Manila to take the SLMC Medical, because that's what she had to do. Her friend also used a lawyer, and recommended we do so as well coz she thought it makes it through faster, but I used the knowledge of VJ and got us a NOA2 in 41 days (which BTW was quicker than the friends petition). Anyway, it turned into a long drawn out, aggravated discussion over an appointment letter that I'm pretty sure we don't need. I had to repeat many times that all we need is NOA2 and MNL case number. Even for the appointment itself, I've been reading that we don't need the letter of appointment.

Who has done this medical exam without an appointment letter from USEM Manila??? We have an NOA2, and MNL Case number and NVC says that we should get a letter from them when they ship the file to Manila. Please help comfort my Wilma and tell her she doesn't need that letter from the embassy....... :help: She also understands Visayan.....and I'll definitely point her to this post......thanks folks....!!!!

~Johnny~

you dont need the appointment letter. We did it on 23-24 Feb and all we had was the NOA2 and a letter from the NVC showing the MNL case number.(i think i printed up the AOS bill)

Edited by Scott and Mhay

For our Full timeline

event.png

Removal of conditions Journey

16 March 2012 Sent I-751 package from Aviano AB, Italy.

29 March 2012 Received everything back...wrong fee. thought we didn't have to pay biometrics since we were sending fingerprint cards and passport photos.

30 March 2012 Sent everything out again from Aviano AB, Italy.

10 April 2012 Check cashed

17 April 2012 Received NOA1 dated 6 April.

06 Dec 2012 Received 10 yr green card. Letter said it was approved 28 November 2012.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you dont need the letter..in fact if you wait about a week you can call and schedule the interview without receiving the packet. I know this for a fact because i just did it a couple weeks ago. And when i called and scheduled her interview the man at the embassy said that it was approved about a few days before i called, so i could have done it earlier, but i would wait a week. Good luck

Hi Folks, I really tried searching but the new VJ is giving me tons of dead links...

Tonight we got our MNL case number. I told Wilma now we can do the advanced medical as soon as possible. But she had just been talking to one her friends who immigrated last year, and swore up and down, that Wilma needed to wait for a letter of appointment from USEM Manila to take the SLMC Medical, because that's what she had to do. Her friend also used a lawyer, and recommended we do so as well coz she thought it makes it through faster, but I used the knowledge of VJ and got us a NOA2 in 41 days (which BTW was quicker than the friends petition). Anyway, it turned into a long drawn out, aggravated discussion over an appointment letter that I'm pretty sure we don't need. I had to repeat many times that all we need is NOA2 and MNL case number. Even for the appointment itself, I've been reading that we don't need the letter of appointment.

Who has done this medical exam without an appointment letter from USEM Manila??? We have an NOA2, and MNL Case number and NVC says that we should get a letter from them when they ship the file to Manila. Please help comfort my Wilma and tell her she doesn't need that letter from the embassy....... helpsmilie.gif She also understands Visayan.....and I'll definitely point her to this post......thanks folks....!!!!

A scanned NOA2 and letter from NVC with your MNL case# are suffice.

Good luck!

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

Timeline

Thanks for the replies. I have also found a bunch of VJ posts since yesterday where lots of VJ'ers have gone through the whole process with only their NOA2 and MNL #. :thumbs:

The new VJ is cool but searching is not there yet... I tried searching "St Lukes" in the PI forum and it comes up empty with no records found.....no records of St Lukes in PI forum?? :o

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Timeline

How about just NOA2 but NO MNL case #? Can I go ahead and have my fiance do medical without a MNL case number? According to CIS they already sent my package to NVC but I still haven't heard anything yet from NVC. So pls let me know if I can have my fiance schedule medical at ST. Lukes with just a copy of NOA2 and no MNL case #. Thank you

01-28-10 : Sent I-129F

01-29-10 : Received at CSC signed by L. Fairbank

02-01-10 : NOA1

02-02-10 : Check was Cashed

02-02-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

02-06-10 : NOA1 HardCopy in the Mail

03-04-10 : TOUCHED

03-04-10 : NOA2 PETITION APPROVED

03-05-10 : Text Message & E-mail (wow that was quick, thank you Jesus) :) 31 days

03-05-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : NOA2 HardCopy received

04-09-10 : TOUCHED again on USCIS website (Pls let them mail it out to NVC) 1 mth & 5 days NVC still does not have it :(

04-16-10 : E-mail from NVC that my approved petition is still at California Service Center :( (mail it already pls!!!)

04-19-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website & called USCIS, they said its "AMENDED"

04-20-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website (Dammit send it already)

04-21-10 : Got an e-mail from Congressman saying that USCIS mailed my petition to NVC (finally)

04-23-10 : Received "amended" NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

04-23-10 : NVC received

04-26-10 : Got MNL case # and petition left NVC to Manila Embassy

04-29-10 : Received by Consulate

05-04-10 : Medical Day 1

05-05-10 : Medical Day 2(PASSED)

05-26-10 : INTERVIEW DATE MAY 26, 2010

08-26-10 : WEDDING DAY, WE ARE NOW MR & MRS. STEPHEN AGUILAR PADUA

09-11-10 : MAILED AOS/EAD PAPERWORK

09-13-10 : RECEIVED AT CHICAGO OFFICE

09-20-10 : NOTICE DATE

09-23-10 : RECEIVED HARD COPY IN THE MAIL

01-07-11: INTERVIEW FOR GREEN CARD

01-14-11: APPROVAL OF GREEN CARD RECEIVED

01-15-11: RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL

How about just NOA2 but NO MNL case #? Can I go ahead and have my fiance do medical without a MNL case number? According to CIS they already sent my package to NVC but I still haven't heard anything yet from NVC. So pls let me know if I can have my fiance schedule medical at ST. Lukes with just a copy of NOA2 and no MNL case #. Thank you

no you can't go without your case number

03.14.2011 -------I-751 sent overnight

03.15.2011 -------package says "Delivered"

03.30.2011 -------ASC Appointment Notice Received

04.22.2011 -------Biometrics Appointment

08.29.2011--------APPROVED! GC RECEIVED!

I'm the wife of an American Soldier;

I'm the hope that lives within him after storm clouded days.

The freedom from war that gives wings to his heart,

May they reach across the miles and bind our hearts together

against all that we must face in this world.

Timeline

You should have an MNL case number by now. Ours was sent about the same time as yours to NVC, but ours is being trapped in their Additional Processing at NVC, maybe a month longer now before it goes to Manila. But we have the MNL case number so we can still do the advance medical at St Luke's. Have you called NVC? I called them twice. Once I called on Mar 15, they said they just received it and expected it to head out on next round to Manila....then I called on Mar 19 and they said it was stuck in AP but I did get an MNL number so we can still keep things moving.

~Johnny~

Timeline

You should have an MNL case number by now. Ours was sent about the same time as yours to NVC, but ours is being trapped in their Additional Processing at NVC, maybe a month longer now before it goes to Manila. But we have the MNL case number so we can still do the advance medical at St Luke's. Have you called NVC? I called them twice. Once I called on Mar 15, they said they just received it and expected it to head out on next round to Manila....then I called on Mar 19 and they said it was stuck in AP but I did get an MNL number so we can still keep things moving.

I did, I called twice last week, and 2 times the week before and they still haven't received my package yet. Thats why I'm kind of getting worried. I'll call again this coming week and the following week will be week 4, so hopefully they'll have it already soon. But as soon as I get that MNL case number I will have my fiance schedule his medical. Thank you to all of you for your quick response. Its been such a relief having people like you guys to answer questions I have. Made this process so much easier. Thank you

01-28-10 : Sent I-129F

01-29-10 : Received at CSC signed by L. Fairbank

02-01-10 : NOA1

02-02-10 : Check was Cashed

02-02-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

02-06-10 : NOA1 HardCopy in the Mail

03-04-10 : TOUCHED

03-04-10 : NOA2 PETITION APPROVED

03-05-10 : Text Message & E-mail (wow that was quick, thank you Jesus) :) 31 days

03-05-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website

03-08-10 : NOA2 HardCopy received

04-09-10 : TOUCHED again on USCIS website (Pls let them mail it out to NVC) 1 mth & 5 days NVC still does not have it :(

04-16-10 : E-mail from NVC that my approved petition is still at California Service Center :( (mail it already pls!!!)

04-19-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website & called USCIS, they said its "AMENDED"

04-20-10 : TOUCHED on USCIS website (Dammit send it already)

04-21-10 : Got an e-mail from Congressman saying that USCIS mailed my petition to NVC (finally)

04-23-10 : Received "amended" NOA2 hardcopy in the mail

04-23-10 : NVC received

04-26-10 : Got MNL case # and petition left NVC to Manila Embassy

04-29-10 : Received by Consulate

05-04-10 : Medical Day 1

05-05-10 : Medical Day 2(PASSED)

05-26-10 : INTERVIEW DATE MAY 26, 2010

08-26-10 : WEDDING DAY, WE ARE NOW MR & MRS. STEPHEN AGUILAR PADUA

09-11-10 : MAILED AOS/EAD PAPERWORK

09-13-10 : RECEIVED AT CHICAGO OFFICE

09-20-10 : NOTICE DATE

09-23-10 : RECEIVED HARD COPY IN THE MAIL

01-07-11: INTERVIEW FOR GREEN CARD

01-14-11: APPROVAL OF GREEN CARD RECEIVED

01-15-11: RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL

Timeline

hi. i just wanted to make sure that i got it right. i will only need a copy of the NOA2 and a copy of the NVC letter that my fiance received? then, i can go schedule my medical and interview? did i get that right? or is it ok if i just write down the MNL case # and have a copy of the NOA2? i just wanted to double check before i do anything. thanks guys! :)

Timeline

hi. i just wanted to make sure that i got it right. i will only need a copy of the NOA2 and a copy of the NVC letter that my fiance received? then, i can go schedule my medical and interview? did i get that right? or is it ok if i just write down the MNL case # and have a copy of the NOA2? i just wanted to double check before i do anything. thanks guys! :)

So far, everything thing I've read here on VJs says that all you need is your NOA2 and your MNL case number for the medical at St Lukes. We still haven't received a letter from NVC. But my girl is doing her medical on April 7 and 8. You don't really schedule, you just show up and it's first come first served. No appointment necessary for medical.

But the interview at US Embassy Manila is a different story. You file must have been received in Manila embassy from NVC, and processed into their system in Manila, and you have to call and schedule appointment.

Good Luck!!! :)

Edited by ~Johnny~

~Johnny~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.